Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#17331790 06/13/22
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I purchased My Outdoor TV on a whim because I wanted to pick and choose my shows, rather than just be stuck on watching whitetail hunters whisper into the camera from a tree stand. MOTV allows me the freedom to choose something more "watchable ". However, that said, I have questions about what I've seen....

1. When did it become "unethical" to shoot an animal in it's bed?
2.Why must ALL animals be standing perfectly broadside before the hunter is allowed to shoot?
3.Why must 99.9% of all the hunters take an excruciatingly long time to pull the trigger-even on slam dunk shots?
4. Is it now mandatory to carry a bunch of crap up the hill to rest your rifle on?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It's a brave new age Gramps!

Haha!

I believe you are also supposed to praise Jesus and start shaking uncontrollably.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Drama man, drama. Plus they gotta fill up 30 minutes.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I'm with you ingwe and will add to the list.

1. When did a gut shot become "hit him a little back"?
2. Why do they all feel compelled to produce a hip hop montage?
3. Why do bow hunters insist on using broadheads that consistently fail to penetrate. Think this started somewhere around "You can hear the swack".
4. Why do the shows sound like the commentary on a NASCAR race with the endless stream of sponsor call outs?

I still occasionally watch Jim Shockey because he goes to far-flung places but his "celebrity status" has most definitely gone to his head. Don't even get me started on his "ethics" and "tolerance" speeches.

MeatEater is about all I watch now.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hunting shows are jus 30 minute commercials for crap you really don’t need. New hunters eat it up.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Drama man, drama. Plus they gotta fill up 30 minutes.

This is exactly the issue. They have time to fill, so, you get to watch the hunter wake to an alarm clock, eat breakfast, and take way more time than necessary to take a shot. And then, after the commercial break, you get to see the shot at least one more time. Then if it’s bowhunting, they decide to “back out” and look for the animal in the morning. Not bashing bow hunters, I am one, but it’s ridiculous the amount of poor shots the celebs make.
And I’ve never made a TV show, so there is that.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Red arrow was a favorite of mine before spectrum decided it was top shelf programming........

I watched it namely for the dyi commercials for his sponsors.. and the fact he never missed a chance to gig Hillary Clinton.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I sincerely stopped watching most of the shows when years ago I saw a Realtree episode where David Blanton was midday back at the cabin shaving of all things when the crew called him to hurry up they had a buck. He ended up shooting an ok whitetail that the crew had harried into a small area, he was claiming it was a great hunt.
Being an infrequent watcher now , why, with the plethora of animals in Africa, are the shows there 99% cape buffalo?

That's just two, even the shooting shows, to me, suck.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I should probably cancel my subscription, I've watched about all the good series I could find on it. And I don't see any new ones being made. I'm more interested in the whole experience. Meat eater is one of my favorites. Like him or hate him, I like the field to fork format of his show

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Perfectly still and broadside because they cant shoot for crap.

Why do they all have backpacks full of packing wrap?

Yep, and broadheads that barely penetrate?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Perfectly still and broadside because they cant shoot for crap.

Why do they all have backpacks full of packing wrap?

Yep, and broadheads that barely penetrate?

Yeah, I forgot about the backpacks. Full packs even when all they are doing is climbing into a Texas box blind.
I don't watch any of the bowhunting shows...got entirely fed up with watching gut shot animals run off" when in doubt, back out..." mentality then retrieving a deers head in the morning because the coyotes ate it all and still being tickled pink because it score 150 or some such schitt.

I agree with everyone on Meat eater...like it!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
I have not watched any of these shows in a while , but I did like Fred Eichler stuff when I did . He was always entertaining and seemed down to earth...Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
It's what happens when HOA members hunt.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Haha. I'm an old school guy too.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
640 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 67 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.