Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
You guys are killin me crazy I just finally got to the top of j_elky's list for a couple of his knives and now you post up these. Really liking the fillet knives on their site, might need one or a couple of those for the price I sure like the looks.
Enablers!!

OM I have one of their fillets. Perfect amount of flex and nice thin blade. Get one.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Goes through them like butter.

Last edited by woodson; 01/27/21.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Judman
Kiddin bud I’m expecting one before long, I just tell em, (all) my makers get ahold of me when they’re ready... salmon fishin has taught me patience!! 😂😂

Salmon fishing and patience - copy that especially when fishing in my boat laugh I do alright on the fall fish but springers kill me. Woodson I did see on their website that they flex just right, would be great for cleaning up a mess of kokanee!!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Damn y’all. I am in the list

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by woodson
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
You guys are killin me crazy I just finally got to the top of j_elky's list for a couple of his knives and now you post up these. Really liking the fillet knives on their site, might need one or a couple of those for the price I sure like the looks.
Enablers!!

OM I have one of their fillets. Perfect amount of flex and nice thin blade. Get one.

Goes through them like butter.

How stiff is that filet?
Would it make a decent boning knife or is it too flexible?

Thanks

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Too flexible.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I just emailed to see where I am on the ordering list and it says 23 months?!?! Holy hell!

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pacecars
I just emailed to see where I am on the ordering list and it says 23 months?!?! Holy hell!

Damn it glad I got mine, signed up again to get a couple more, didn’t pay attention to lead times.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I got on the list a month ago and am probably longer than that. There was a guy trying to sell one on the big auction site the other day for a ridiculous price. He finally pulled the listing.

I suppose a guy could get on Shiloh's list and the Randall's too.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I got mine last week.

The fit, finish, grind and overall workmanship are the best I've seen. It has the thinnest stock behind the edge of any locking folder I've ever had. It should make a great slicer.

That said, and this is not a knock on the product, I can't stand the flipper. I feel like the flipper is in the way of how I grip it at times. I've always carried thumb stud or hole knives and this is the first flipper I've had. I'm sure most guys wouldn't notice but I'm not crazy about it.

Mine is going to end up in the classifieds because I just can't get used to it. If somebody here in the knife forum is interested, PM me. I'd rather one of you guys get it instead of a classifieds surfer.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
maybe a stud could be installed if you liked it enough

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I bought dude270's. Exceptional knife.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Judman;
Top of the morning my cyber friend, I hope the weekend was good to you and yours and you're all well.

Thanks for putting up the crisp photos of your Skaha, it looks "about perfect" to me.

When I was still gainfully employed and first learned about them I came within a whisker of ordering one just because.

As a by the way the knife is named for Skaha Lake which used to be known as Dog Lake back in the day. North Arm knives are in Burnaby, BC as you know, but they must have spent some time in our part of BC to choose that name. We've lived almost exactly centered between Vaseux Lake and Skaha Lake for more than 30 years and can walk to either one in less than half an hour, though none of that has anything to do with knives.

It's good to see a father and son outfit doing well too though so I'm glad to read you and other folks are pleased with the quality.

Truly what I should do is sell off a bunch of my excess stuff - axes, knives, saddles, etc. and then more etc. - and put my name on that list.

All the best to you all down south Jud.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 06/13/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 3,072 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.