Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
What is this HOA of which you speak?

An insurance policy against this becoming your neighbor.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you're worried about what's in your neighbors's yard, your lot is too small.

Yeah, 80+, rural acres is about right !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cheers !

I'd love that...BUT. Most of the folks here know my luck. Someone would develop a gravel plant on the adjacent property. The kind where they grind big rocks into small rocks all day and night long. Either that or someone would develop a trailer park that has a bunch of meth mouths for residents. Nothing more fun than working 24/7 to keep trespassers and thieves at bay.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Are you clean and quiet though? wink

Brother Geno.... I am shocked to learn you are a racist..... damn never saw that coming... smile smile
Didn't Biden call Barrak a clean negro?

Brandon has changed quite a bit over the years, no?

From an out and out racist, to the "clean negro stage" and now to the woke part.

Me, having grown up near the border in the SoCal area, having worked for years in a very "diverse" workforce industry, I could GAS about what color a person's skin is. As long as they do their job.....................

and if they live in my neighborhood....................

They better be clean and quiet. No fleabag baying hounds and such.

And wash your vehicles.................at least once a year................whether they need it or not..............like I do.

Rained here the other day...............the Tacoma might be able to go for another 3 months or so............it got a good rinse.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by kingston

An insurance policy against this becoming your neighbor.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you're worried about what's in your neighbors's yard, your lot is too small.

Yeah, 80+, rural acres is about right !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cheers !

I'd love that...BUT. Most of the folks here know my luck. Someone would develop a gravel plant on the adjacent property. The kind where they grind big rocks into small rocks all day and night long. Either that or someone would develop a trailer park that has a bunch of meth mouths for residents. Nothing more fun than working 24/7 to keep trespassers and thieves at bay.

trespassers and thieves you say.

I went out to feed my jays and quail this morning and notice some @%&^*)# squirrel has dug up and eaten some tulip bulbs I had scattered under some of the junipers around the house. They look nice, especially in bloom if there's a little snow on the ground.

I think I dislike the squirrels more than dirty and noisy neighbors...............it's kind of a toss up though.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plumbum
Just like dang near every time some legislative body passes a new law/code/ restriction, no one knows what it actually means until it's been taken to court and "interpreted" by a judge or jury.

Please provides us with examples of that.

Please define "no one knows what it actually means."

Here's one posted here, for a start. Was there even a need for this type of court case?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17335261/an-elephant-isnt-a-person

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you clean and quiet though? wink

Brother Geno.... I am shocked to learn you are a racist..... damn never saw that coming... smile smile
Didn't Biden call Barrak a clean negro?

Brandon has changed quite a bit over the years, no?

From an out and out racist, to the "clean negro stage" and now to the woke part.

Me, having grown up near the border in the SoCal area, having worked for years in a very "diverse" workforce industry, I could GAS about what color a person's skin is. As long as they do their job.....................

and if they live in my neighborhood....................

They better be clean and quiet. No fleabag baying hounds and such.

And wash your vehicles.................at least once a year................whether they need it or not..............like I do.

Rained here the other day...............the Tacoma might be able to go for another 3 months or so............it got a good rinse.

As a fellow member of "the great unwashed" I understand... smile
You would think by now they would understand the racist charge is over played and ineffective... but noooo...

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, at least I didn't ask about letting them damn Eskimos into the hood.

Talk about unwashed.

An' alla them dirt bikes are anything but quiet.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HOA: Home Owners Association.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I'm not in an HOA. My house and the land that it sits on is paid for. I don't need some HOA telling me what to do. I don't understand why people would surrender their property rights. We already have the government sticking its nose in our bussiness.

Sheeple just love giving up their rights for a false sense of security.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Bend over the barrel and hope that HOA Karen uses some K-Y jelly when she sticks her 14 inch strap-on in all the way!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Just like dang near every time some legislative body passes a new law/code/ restriction, no one knows what it actually means until it's been taken to court and "interpreted" by a judge or jury.

Here's one posted here, for a start. Was there even a need for this type of court case?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17335261/an-elephant-isnt-a-person

A ridiculous case about an elephant does not mean that all laws are unintelligibly vague until every word therein has been parsed in a binding court precedent.

Your proffered exception does not invalidate the rule.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

A ridiculous case about an elephant does not mean that all laws are unintelligibly vague until every word therein has been parsed in a binding court precedent.

Please show me where/when I said "all laws are unintelligibly vague ".

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IMR4350
I'm not in an HOA. My house and the land that it sits on is paid for. I don't need some HOA telling me what to do. I don't understand why people would surrender their property rights. We already have the government sticking its nose in our bussiness.

Let me provide a different perspective. I love having room to roam...hike and bicycle. I love fishing. I love not having to worry about theft/break-ins. I love being surrounded by nature. I wish I could afford to buy a place that offered me all of that. I can't.

I bought 3 acres on a lake in an HOA community. The community offers over 17 miles of hiking and biking trails. It has 4 community lakes. A creek with a waterfall flows through the middle of the community. The average lot size is over 4 acres. There are nearly 1000 acres of community property at my disposal. My road is private and it's gated. I have access to a clubhouse for family reunions etc.

My agreement with the community is pretty straightforward simple and non-burdensome. I have to build a house of at least 1400 square feet. I can't have livestock, which I wouldn't have had anyway...other than maybe some laying hens. I have to maintain my property to certain standards which I would do anyway. I can't tie a barking dog to a tree in my yard. I can't hunt in the community. There are other very reasonable restrictions that won't affect me at all.

I have assurances that my neighbors property won't be an eyesore and that they can't create a bunch of noise that breaches the peace of the community.

The bottom line is that I get way more than I am giving up, and I am doing it on a modest budget. In other words, what I am surrendering in "property rights" pales in comparison to what I get in return for agreeing to very simple covenants.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

I don't live in an HOA but remember the HOA's exists BEFORE folks buy in. They know the RULES before moving there. If buyers don't like the HOA its real simple not to buy that piece of property. This thread has a lot of internet tough guys chest thumping over something that is no big deal.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by losttrail60

I don't live in an HOA but remember the HOA's exists BEFORE folks buy in. They know the RULES before moving there. If buyers don't like the HOA its real simple not to buy that piece of property. This thread has a lot of internet tough guys chest thumping over something that is no big deal.
Exactly. Before I bought my house the first question I asked is if their is an HOA. If their was I would not have bought the place.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Did you read Hudge's post back on page one or two?

The problem with, let's use the "some" word, HOA's is that the Rules might change, aren't clearly written, and can be seen by many as ridiculously petty.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wait until the HOA or a resident pulls hinky schit... then lawyers get involved and the fun begins... saying it doesn't happen is a lie. Happened twice in 4 yrs in my 9 lot HOA and once previous before we separated from a larger HOA.... lawyers love it. I had countless phone conversations/emails and several sit down visits with lawyers over this crap.
If I wasn't so stubborn I would have sold and moved, several did. I stayed and fought and won.... HOA is gone. Crazy part is it actually improves my property value. Not being in an HOA is a huge selling point around these parts now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Let me provide a different perspective. I love having room to roam...hike and bicycle. I love fishing. I love not having to worry about theft/break-ins. I love being surrounded by nature. I wish I could afford to buy a place that offered me all of that. I can't.

I bought 3 acres on a lake in an HOA community. The community offers over 17 miles of hiking and biking trails. It has 4 community lakes. A creek with a waterfall flows through the middle of the community. The average lot size is over 4 acres. There are nearly 1000 acres of community property at my disposal. My road is private and it's gated. I have access to a clubhouse for family reunions etc.

My agreement with the community is pretty straightforward simple and non-burdensome. I have to build a house of at least 1400 square feet. I can't have livestock, which I wouldn't have had anyway...other than maybe some laying hens. I have to maintain my property to certain standards which I would do anyway. I can't tie a barking dog to a tree in my yard. I can't hunt in the community. There are other very reasonable restrictions that won't affect me at all.

I have assurances that my neighbors property won't be an eyesore and that they can't create a bunch of noise that breaches the peace of the community.

The bottom line is that I get way more than I am giving up, and I am doing it on a modest budget. In other words, what I am surrendering in "property rights" pales in comparison to what I get in return for agreeing to very simple covenants.

Happy for you and hope that all works out.

I just can't live with that many "rules"

They probably wouldn't approve of the chicken Gulag there, and I'm too poor to afford a fancy hen house that meets some folks standards of decorum.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Exactly. Before I bought my house the first question I asked is if their is an HOA. If their was I would not have bought the place.

This is bullshit!
People interpret the rules different.... then lawsuits, lawyers and courts get involved... over different interpretation plainly worded of rules

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me provide a different perspective.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Wait until the HOA or a resident pulls hinky schit... then lawyers get involved and the fun begins... saying it doesn't happen is a lie. Happened twice in 4 yrs in my 9 lot HOA and once previous before we separated from a larger HOA.... lawyers love it. I had countless phone conversations/emails and several sit down visits with lawyers over this crap.
If I wasn't so stubborn I would have sold and moved, several did. I stayed and fought and won.... HOA is gone. Crazy part is it actually improves my property value. Not being in an HOA is a huge selling point around these parts now.

Well.......................duh..............right?

Glad you had the will and financial resources to fight the bastids and that those that left had the resources to make the move. Some folks don't after investing in a home only find out there's "hinky schit" (as you rightly refer to it) later down the road. Then they're screwed.

I might like a fella like you in my hood.

In it is contentment

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

689 members (10ring1, 160user, 16penny, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,891
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.