Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by IMR4350
I'm not in an HOA. My house and the land that it sits on is paid for. I don't need some HOA telling me what to do. I don't understand why people would surrender their property rights. We already have the government sticking its nose in our bussiness.

Sheeple just love giving up their rights for a false sense of security.

I don't live in an HOA but remember the HOA's exists BEFORE folks buy in. They know the RULES before moving there. If buyers don't like the HOA its real simple not to buy that piece of property. This thread has a lot of internet tough guys chest thumping over something that is no big deal.
Did you read Hudge's post back on page one or two?

The problem with, let's use the "some" word, HOA's is that the Rules might change, aren't clearly written, and can be seen by many as ridiculously petty.

So some are worried about whataboutisms? Its real easy to tell if the HOA rules aren't clearly written, and the ability to change rules should be spelled out. I have looked at plenty of HOA propertys. I passed if I did not like the way the HOA spelled out the rules. It is real simple.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The worst government (including HOA's) to have is the one that's closest to home.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
I'm not in an HOA. My house and the land that it sits on is paid for. I don't need some HOA telling me what to do. I don't understand why people would surrender their property rights. We already have the government sticking its nose in our bussiness.

I don't live in an HOA but remember the HOA's exists BEFORE folks buy in. They know the RULES before moving there. If buyers don't like the HOA its real simple not to buy that piece of property. This thread has a lot of internet tough guys chest thumping over something that is no big deal.
Exactly. Before I bought my house the first question I asked is if their is an HOA. If their was I would not have bought the place.

This is bullshit!
People interpret the rules different.... then lawsuits, lawyers and courts get involved... over different interpretation plainly worded of rules

And of course that sort of stuff never happens outside of communities with covenants. Never has been a lawsuit over interpretation county or municipal code. lolol

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Exactly. Before I bought my house the first question I asked is if their is an HOA. If their was I would not have bought the place.

This is bullshit!
People interpret the rules different.... then lawsuits, lawyers and courts get involved... over different interpretation plainly worded of rules

LOL. If the HOA rules are done properly there is no "interpretation, except for confused old guys. Read the rules and don't buy if you don't like it. I have done it many time. Its not tough.

Again worrying about whataboutisms.

The ones that complain are the ones that buy the property without the ability to understand the rules then gripe when the rules they agreed to are enforced.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Let me provide a different perspective. I love having room to roam...hike and bicycle. I love fishing. I love not having to worry about theft/break-ins. I love being surrounded by nature. I wish I could afford to buy a place that offered me all of that. I can't.

I bought 3 acres on a lake in an HOA community. The community offers over 17 miles of hiking and biking trails. It has 4 community lakes. A creek with a waterfall flows through the middle of the community. The average lot size is over 4 acres. There are nearly 1000 acres of community property at my disposal. My road is private and it's gated. I have access to a clubhouse for family reunions etc.

My agreement with the community is pretty straightforward simple and non-burdensome. I have to build a house of at least 1400 square feet. I can't have livestock, which I wouldn't have had anyway...other than maybe some laying hens. I have to maintain my property to certain standards which I would do anyway. I can't tie a barking dog to a tree in my yard. I can't hunt in the community. There are other very reasonable restrictions that won't affect me at all.

I have assurances that my neighbors property won't be an eyesore and that they can't create a bunch of noise that breaches the peace of the community.

The bottom line is that I get way more than I am giving up, and I am doing it on a modest budget. In other words, what I am surrendering in "property rights" pales in comparison to what I get in return for agreeing to very simple covenants.
Paul, I have the same things you do. Lots of room to roam around no worrys about break ins and the freedom to do what I want. And yes we still have a few restrictions too. We also can't raise live stock on the property. The problem I have is that I've heard to many horror stories about HOAs. You are very fortunate to have a good one. The most important thing is that you are happy with where you are living and obviously you found the right place.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is bullshit!

And of course that sort of stuff never happens outside of communities with covenants. Never has been a lawsuit over interpretation county or municipal code. lolol

Never happened in my previous 50 yrs of not belonging to an HOA.
Thing is like others have pointed out read the covenants before you buy, understand them etc.... I had never been in an HOA before, I read all the rules.
They seemed reasonable and simple and were easy to abide by.... then the HOA Nazi's took over the board... wasted $50k of banked assessments that were designated for road maintenance, to install an electronic gate, so we could be a gated community, this was done by a handful of Calif.gov. pensioners
They did this in violation of the CC&R's .
Once I controlled the board I destroyed the infrastructure they had already installed for the gate. Then I proceeded to make their lives so miserable they couldn't get me and my neighbors out of the HOA fast enough.
My foolish neighbors still wanted an HOA so I formed a new one, it was necessary to get them to agree to leave the old one. I did all the work and was president, wife was secretary, all for an HOA I didn't want. Well all the residents that wanted the HOA sold their lots. Two lawsuits later, the new residents saw the wisdom of dissolving the new HOA.
So I dissolved it.... then they asked what about snow plowing and road maintenance? I laughed and told them they had better buy a plow and I didn't care if the road went back to dirt.... lmao
Second best thing I ever did to improve my life. You city fuuckers can have your HOA's

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is bullshit!

LOL. If the HOA rules are done properly there is no "interpretation, except for confused old guys. Read the rules and don't buy if you don't like it. I have done it many time. Its not tough.

Again worrying about whataboutisms.

The ones that complain are the ones that buy the property without the ability to understand the rules then gripe when the rules they agreed to are enforced.

You're an idiot.... I have been on both sides of the legal battles as a board and a member.... I broke zero rules in both roles, yet we still needed lawyers to sort out the rule breakers.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Then I proceeded to make their lives so miserable

Sounds like you are a great neighbor and real fun at parties. Miserable old coot like your self should probably live with no neighbors. LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sounds like you are a great neighbor and real fun at parties. Miserable old coot like your self should probably live with no neighbors. LOL

Calling out rule breakers to their face in front of people is never not fun.... my neighbors love me and respect me... something you liberals will never understand

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Calling out rule breakers to their face in front of people is never not fun.... my neighbors love me and respect me... something you liberals will never understand
Not to worry perhaps?

his "handle" says a lot.

Seems he's lost the trail alright.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I broke zero rules in both roles, .

I destroyed the infrastructure they had already installed for the gate.

You sound like a great neighbor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As for the old coot part, I am getting there... SS in a couple years .. woohoo
As for not having neighbors, you are correct, the smallest lot in our subdivision is 6 acres heavily wooded. I cannot see any houses from my house and a few neighbors I have not seen in years.... I found out who the turds were , the HOA caused them to float to the surface... lmao

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not to worry perhaps?

his "handle" says a lot.

Reading his post leads me to believe he is a full blown liberal... probably the type that move to rural conservative places , then vote for Democrats to turn it into what they left

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Not to worry perhaps?

his "handle" says a lot.

Reading his post leads me to believe he is a full blown liberal... probably the type that move to rural conservative places , then vote for Democrats to turn it into what they left

Wrong yet again. Been in Montana longer then you have been alive. I have never lived in an HOA, I just can't understand why folks find them so hard to avoid.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Not to worry perhaps?

his "handle" says a lot.

I don't know about that. Maybe he is, maybe not. Hasn't been around long and I'm not going to go through his other posts to find out. Might be another puppet even.

But, there are a couple of folks on here that aren't making the connection.

There's nothing wrong, per se, with HOAs and CCRs. On the face of it they could (and should?) be beneficial to the community. The problem lies with that "interpretation" thing, and as you so rightly pointed out, with folks running the show and wanting to do things their way.

The real problem lies in ..................................................................PEOPLE..............................

a good portion of them are azzhats, and unfortunately they don't have that tattooed on their foreheads as they should. Especially after being caught being so the first time.

Anyone want to know my opinion of most folks? (not you bro, you already have a clue)

See my sig line poem.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by plumbum
Just like dang near every time some legislative body passes a new law/code/ restriction, no one knows what it actually means until it's been taken to court and "interpreted" by a judge or jury.

Please provides us with examples of that.

Please define "no one knows what it actually means."

Here's one posted here, for a start. Was there even a need for this type of court case?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17335261/an-elephant-isnt-a-person

A ridiculous case about an elephant does not mean that all laws are unintelligibly vague until every word therein has been parsed in a binding court precedent.

Your proffered exception does not invalidate the rule.

Please show me where/when I said "all laws are unintelligibly vague ".

Please show me where/when I said that you said "all laws are unintelligibly vague."

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
. The problem lies with that "interpretation" thing,

That's no more a problem with HOA's than any other part of life.

"Well, officer, that's your interpretation that I was 'speeding'."

That won't work there either. There is no need for you personally to admit to the definition of something for it to apply to you or anybody else.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Not to worry perhaps?

his "handle" says a lot.

The insults come out when people get frustrated, usually because they run out of argument.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Not to worry perhaps?

his "handle" says a lot.

The insults come out when people get frustrated, usually because they run out of argument.

Your input is appreciated.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Let me provide a different perspective. I love having room to roam...hike and bicycle. I love fishing. I love not having to worry about theft/break-ins. I love being surrounded by nature. I wish I could afford to buy a place that offered me all of that. I can't.

I bought 3 acres on a lake in an HOA community. The community offers over 17 miles of hiking and biking trails. It has 4 community lakes. A creek with a waterfall flows through the middle of the community. The average lot size is over 4 acres. There are nearly 1000 acres of community property at my disposal. My road is private and it's gated. I have access to a clubhouse for family reunions etc.

My agreement with the community is pretty straightforward simple and non-burdensome. I have to build a house of at least 1400 square feet. I can't have livestock, which I wouldn't have had anyway...other than maybe some laying hens. I have to maintain my property to certain standards which I would do anyway. I can't tie a barking dog to a tree in my yard. I can't hunt in the community. There are other very reasonable restrictions that won't affect me at all.

I have assurances that my neighbors property won't be an eyesore and that they can't create a bunch of noise that breaches the peace of the community.

The bottom line is that I get way more than I am giving up, and I am doing it on a modest budget. In other words, what I am surrendering in "property rights" pales in comparison to what I get in return for agreeing to very simple covenants.
Paul, I have the same things you do. Lots of room to roam around no worrys about break ins and the freedom to do what I want. And yes we still have a few restrictions too. We also can't raise live stock on the property. The problem I have is that I've heard to many horror stories about HOAs. You are very fortunate to have a good one. The most important thing is that you are happy with where you are living and obviously you found the right place.

I haven't built yet. Waiting will give me a while to feel the HOA out. It seems like a pretty good one but who knows? With my financial situation, I could never have what the community offers had I not bought into it. The way my luck goes, I'll be posting about how much I hate the damn HOA in 5-10 years, and it won't hurt my feelings when y'all call me a dumbass. lol.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

427 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 46 invisible), 2,985 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,569
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.