Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Certainly not for everybody, but they are bad azz cars.

Turn off the AC and roll down the winders!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Y'all are missin' the point with your comments about goin' on long trips. Like slummy goin' to the beach.

In the Good Ol' Days, ya' didn't take your own horse on a long trip. You took the stage or the train, then went to the Livery if'n ya' needed to get to Uncle Jasper's outside town to tell him that Ma died personal like, so's he didn't have to get the news in a telegraph letter or from Millie the operator if tha town had the newfangled tellyfone thingie.

Now, if'n your electrical car don't got the juice to make it all the way to Uncle Jaspers, just get on the public transportation and call a Uber when ya gets there to haul your ass out to the Uncle's ranchito.
That's probably pretty close to the Progressive wet dream - nobody owns a vehicle, you just rent one on a trip-by-trip basis. Yes, even trips to the grocery store. Get on your cell phone, hail a ride, and an autonomous vehicle pulls up to your doorstep.

Good luck with the autonomous part too.

Or grab a community e-bike or "Bird" scooter from the front lawn where the last person to ride it left it the night before?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Range anxiety is a thing.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Yes, it most certainly is a thing! I had a relative loan me his Tesla to do some touring while visiting him in the Pacific Northwest. I had him set the software to the most frugal setting before I left. At no time did I explore the accelerative capacity of the car. All I could do was watch the charge meter because where we were going had almost no charge stations along the route. And wouldn't you know that the lodge we were staying in did not have functioning charging stations ("Sorry!"). I was certain that we were screwed. We made it back to my relative's house but just barely. No thank you!

RS

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
What is someone built a small trailer with a second battery in it?

Million dollar idea....

Put a correct size diesel genset in that trailer for the win.

GOA
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RipSnort

Yes, it most certainly is a thing! I had a relative loan me his Tesla to do some touring while visiting him in the Pacific Northwest. I had him set the software to the most frugal setting before I left. At no time did I explore the accelerative capacity of the car. All I could do was watch the charge meter because where we were going had almost no charge stations along the route. And wouldn't you know that the lodge we were staying in did not have functioning charging stations ("Sorry!"). I was certain that we were screwed. We made it back to my relative's house but just barely. No thank you!

RS

You needed to carry along a big extention cord, 12 gauge wire and 50 feet long. You can charge the Tesla on 110, slowly. You could have plugged it in at the lodge. You get 6 miles in one hour of charging. So, plug it in overnight for a ten hour charge, you get sixty miles of travel.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kennyd
Giving away blm, insufficient grid, low range. If you think that line at Costco is slow wait until everyone is waiting for a charging station.
There is about a quarter or half section of former wheat land east of me fullof panels. Oh well, we can get wheat from Ukraine

Losing farms here constantly to solar farms.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Most gas stations around me have at least 4, 2 sided pumps.
How much of a backup would there be if everyone drove electric and we had 8 charging stations and each charge takes 20 minutes?

None. Almost all EV owners charge at home. The “fast charging” public stations are for occasional, out of town or long trip use.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by kennyd
Giving away blm, insufficient grid, low range. If you think that line at Costco is slow wait until everyone is waiting for a charging station.
There is about a quarter or half section of former wheat land east of me fullof panels. Oh well, we can get wheat from Ukraine

Losing farms here constantly to solar farms.

Same starting to happen around my area a eyesore to look at.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by greydog
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My brother and I drove to Hickory yesterday. In 95 degree weather, you lose 40 percent of your mileage due to a/c. When we left home the Tesla computer said we had 265 miles in the tank, but in fact we could only go 159 miles.

The Tesla Supercharger is fast. In 22 minutes we put enough juice in to travel the 102 miles to home. Cost $14.

This was at a big new Sheetz gas station on I40. They have 8 Tesla Superchargers.

There is no slot for your credit card. You don't pay the cashier inside. You just plug in. Tesla knows who you are and they bill you.

So, what I take from this is; if a man isn't a candy ass and leaves the ac off, he could save 14 bucks and travel further. Maybe retro-fit that thing with an ac system which is gas powered. GD

Im lmao at the candyass comment

It’s 94 this very min in Tenn O Cee. I’ve been hoeing sweet corn and side dressing fertilizer since 10:20. With 10% kidney function. Came in and slugged a Mtn Dew Baja Blast and I’m headed back out.

While most on here have been sucking the ice cream off of their thumbs and watching The Sons of Katie Elder

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Riverc
Tesla range doesn't impress at 95* wonder how they will do way up North during winter when it's -0*?

They are a fu cking joke guys. My brother in law works as a tow truck driver and he picks up 2 tesla's a week on average. Drag the sobs up on the flat deck and haul it at least 80 miles to the nearest town. That's $8x80 or $640 plus tax. You guys do the math on that one. That is also something no one talks about. Living out in BFE, an electric vehicle can be a deadly hindrance. The op says it costs him $14 to go 102 miles. My Honda accord does about the same as that. 36 mpg when I keep my foot out of it on the freeway at 80mph. 102/36= 2.83x$5.65= $16.01 for the same 102 miles and no waiting around for charging.. This country better get their chidt together. Biden is no help. The sooner we can get that pos out of office the better!!!! The 3 stooges in there right now are a laughing stock of the world, not just the country..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wow that’s high

Mr Leo here with Doo-Doo Wrecker will come from Glocksville to Nastyville,Tn to get me (65 miles) and flat bed me back to HamCunt outside of Glocksville, (70 more miles)

All for a grand total of $125, that was 8 months back

My Mahindra dealer will drive from Decatur Ala to HamCunt and pick up my tractor for $1 a mile.

But eh…Tennessee sucks

Thst’s what the Turdlikes used to say

Where are those diabetes toeless foucks anyway nowadays? LOL

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Compared to a Honda Civic that will easily get 40 mpg on the highway the Tesla costs more to operate. I didnt expect that to be honest.

That is true. Then wait until you have to replace the battery in the Tesla or other electric vehicle. This would also include the hybrids that are popular these days. Throw that into the equation and you are going to be paying more to own such a vehicle..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kenster99
Wanted to post a video from KCRA news in Sacramento Ca about a Tesla fire, but too computer dumb. Maybe somebody can post it. Funny.

I'm sure most of you guys here saw the huge fire on the electric bus recently. When they go up, they go up and fast!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Compared to a Honda Civic that will easily get 40 mpg on the highway the Tesla costs more to operate. I didnt expect that to be honest.

That is true. Then wait until you have to replace the battery in the Tesla or other electric vehicle. This would also include the hybrids that are popular these days. Throw that into the equation and you are going to be paying more to own such a vehicle..
If you can afford a Tesla, you can afford another one. Trade it before the battery's life is gone.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wow that’s high

Mr Leo here with Doo-Doo Wrecker will come from Glocksville to Nastyville,Tn to get me (65 miles) and flat bed me back to HamCunt outside of Glocksville, (70 more miles)

All for a grand total of $125, that was 8 months back

My Mahindra dealer will drive from Decatur Ala to HamCunt and pick up my tractor for $1 a mile.

But eh…Tennessee sucks

Thst’s what the Turdlikes used to say

Where are those diabetes toeless foucks anyway nowadays? LOL

They charge those rates because diesel is so expensive right now. An 80 mile trip to get a person stranded equates to 160 miles round trip. At $6.50/gallon of diesel fuel, that is going to cost the tow company $130.00, just in fuel to go and get the person in the Tesla that ran out of power.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I drove to an archery shoot in central Indiana last Sat.
About saw a Tesla get smoked on I70
Saw several of them on that interstate.

Saw my first Rivian pickup about 2 weeks ago driving in town.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I only got about 25 mpg avg last Sat. My tank isnt very big.
Can however carry a gas can or two if need be. So my range would be decent.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My 8-YO CRV hauls me, the Sarge and dogs up and down 81/40 every couple of weeks @ 35mpg's.
I'm good for now

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not the least bit interested in electric vehicles.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,918 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.