Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Peter Schiff says inflation is 20% if measured using the same indices we used in 1980. No way is it only 8%.
Agree

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pullit
My public school math tells me it is way above 8% unless they are using some "special new math"
Oh, for sure. They arrive at 8% by heavily weighting things like the cost of computer memory per GB of RAM, while eliminating from consideration things like fuel costs, food, and housing.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Two x four eight foot studs are over $10 just bought six this week. I tried to check the cost for 2019, this video claims $3 for 2x6 studs.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
If it is 'Putin's inflation' how is Europes 'core' inflation one half of ours?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not being energy independent

And letting Europe half step itself to defeat

30%

No more “ Mean tweets”

Priceless

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford

How did Putin effect our housing prices?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Whiptail

The Russians did it!!! They do everything!!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Just waiting on someone/anyone to ask this of the appropriate Biden admin folk.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just waiting on someone/anyone to ask this of the appropriate Biden admin folk.

Peter Doocy tried and got a typical word-salad response.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yeah, but at least my feelings aren't being hurt by mean tweets.
And feelings are important.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When the numbers don't support the government's agenda, they just change the way it is measured, get a longer yardstick, so to speak! If you look at the things people have to buy on a regular basis like fuel, groceries, medicine, etc. I would estimate inflation and shrinkflation are close to 30% and there is no end in sight. Fuel alone is up 300% and the oil companies are making record profits on limited supply. I dont blame the oil companies, all this is a direct result of the rulers forcing their green agenda.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never mind the stimulus

We don’t need

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
An example of inflation is I make $50,000 per year every year. My kids are gone, house and everything is payed. is payed for. I always had the $5,000 ready for my SEP by mid March . This year I had to wait much later to have the money. I never had a problem paying my income taxes by April 15. This year I did not have the money. By June 17th, I always pay my 3 quarterly federal income taxes so I am done for the year. I always had no problem , but tis year I barely had enough. By July 4th , I always had more than enough money saved for my property taxes. This year I will barely have enough by July 4th and that is if all my invoices get payed and I dont htink it will happen. Everyone seems to be real slow to pay the invoices I give them. ( I'm self employed). Every year , I had enough and then some. After July 4th, I start saving $14,000 for my and my wifes ROTH. I dont think I will have enough money by the end of the year cause I am already way behind in my savings. This is what inflation does. Even though I keep track of almost every dime, there is money getting away from me in many places. I know gas is the biggest extra cost , but I only went to my cabin one time this year to make up for it . I fish much closer to home the last few years and that 5 horse kicker only uses 1 qt. in 3 hrs of trolling so that is not it, although it does cost me about $7 more dollars to go to the lake than last year, but that is only about $50 . Inflation is an invisible tax that is hard to find just where the money is going. I noticed my gas bill for May was $46. It was never $46 in May , ever. Electricity was unusually high too at $77. That is a unussually high since there has been very little air being used . I have gotten so cheap. I make my own yogurt, drive the car to work unless I need to gring tools. I hang all my clothes on the line, even in winter. ( My wife refuses however). I stay home almost every evening, and rarely take a ride anymore unless I can pick up some wild Aparagus . I dont know how to live any cheaper anymore and I just starting to have a life existing instead of living. It is inflation that is doing it, and I dont like it at all. I always gave myself a $1,000 spending gift to myself every year. I woudl buy a gun, or go on some Upper Michigan fishing trip a few times, or something. This year, the money is not even there to do that.

Last edited by ihookem; 06/14/22.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Peter Schiff says inflation is 20% if measured using the same indices we used in 1980. No way is it only 8%.

Russian disinformation

https://invezz.com/news/2022/06/10/peter-schiff-real-inflation-rate-closer-to-20/?amp

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just remember that John Burns, Sycamore and JeffO are your buddies because they like guns.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Eggs have gone from 1.50, to 3$

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Eggs have gone from 1.50, to 3$

And that's another thing. We buy our eggs from an old lady that likely makes 50 cents a dozen. She went from $1.75 to $2.50 . No , that is not much and some will laugh about 75 cents. It is however, about 40% more than one year ago and everything is up like that. Figure there is about 30% inflation over the last 2 yrs and that is about 15% per yr.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ya THINK? Just like 'inflation's at an all-time low'.... Uh huh..

If a gov't toady's lips are moving, he's LYING like a fine rug...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The only thing I know of that has been the same price as it was 3 or 4 years ago is Bulleit bourbon at the store I buy it in. Everything else is up 20 to 100%

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
As bad as %20 sounds, think about it compounded!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 81 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.