Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
There is no science behind it. That's why it's all bullshit, lol.

Had a college professor who said basically the same thing. I said she was wrong and I’d prove it. She set up the test and I proved my case. I’d take any wager, south of $10, that I could still do it

Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
It is NOT the real deal !

Same offer ?

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'd rather call it, divining.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Make sure you're not walking under power lines. Sometimes it will give a false reading because of the overhead lines.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have served on a cemetery board for 35 years where most of my family/ancestors are buried. It has been used since this area was first settled so there are many graves over 150 years old. Some graves never had a stone monument or were poorly marked/located and the old records/maps weren't always kept up.

There's often issues where someone wants to buy a lot next to an ancestor where there appears to be an open spot. A couple of years ago one of our board members suggested we dowse to locate filled spots. I always had thought it was a bunch of hooey, but...

It works. I can do it too. A couple of metal rods, and they will cross over a grave over 100 years old. Just this evening we met to pick up the decorations that needed to be removed and we did some locating and updated our map.

I'm sure it works for finding water lines and well sites.

I'm a Missouri boy and you have to "Show Me"

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Masshunter
Get 4 brass welding rods. Bend one end on each about the width of your hand. Slip a piece of copper tubing over the handle of two of them so it can swivel. Walk over a buried water line, electric line, with the rods with the handles and the rods will cross. Walk over with the rods without handles, and the rods will line up with the water line. Try it. My father and grandfather were plumbers and used that to find waterlines, septic tanks, and buried wells. I've showed this to a lot of people and it's worked for them. I think the "feel" or "gift" or "witchcraft" comes with finding smaller objects, minerals, ect. and I've never tried that.
That was how it was shown to us with welding rod bent in a 90 but minus the the copper tubing. I’d think that the tubing would have upped the success factor as some maybe most were gripping the welding rod unintentionally. I like to think of myself as being a logically based person but it absolutely worked for me. Idk how it works but it worked.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just want to chime in with my theory.
This topic about dowsing came to mind when I watched this video recently. It makes sense now.
So far I've not found anyone with scientific answers for this phenomenon. If there was one, it seems reasonable that one would have been discovered by now.
That leaves only one other alternative that I can think of.
Assuming that dowsing usually works for some people, they must have help from someone who can see that which lays below the surface of the earth.
I believe that angels can see things that we can not, whether fallen ones or elect. There is no Biblical reason for an elect angel to answer someone's prayers or lead anyone to seek mystical means of discovery. However, there are many of the other spirit beings that encourage such communication or methods of discovery.

If you don't want to watch it all, there's a similar phenomenon that is a trend with the youth shown from 2:34 minutes onward.

Guess what?
It involves crossing two sticks and letting the spirit take control of the direction one goes. Food for thought.

HC

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I just want to chime in with my theory.
This topic about dowsing came to mind when I watched this video recently. It makes sense now.
So far I've not found anyone with scientific answers for this phenomenon. If there was one, it seems reasonable that one would have been discovered by now.
That leaves only one other alternative that I can think of.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

HC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know how to dowse for water. All due to electromagnetic fields. I had no idea it worked for graves.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PS:
One very important point that I was just reminded of is at the end of the video.
It says if you don't have Jesus Christ as your Savior, to "give your life to Him today."

I must sternly correct that error of the producer of this video.
Salvation is Not imparted to anyone on the basis of "giving your life to Him." That is the OPPOSITE of the truth.
The gospel is that HE GAVE Himself for our sins.
When we Trust Him alone for salvation, He gives to us everlasting life. If we offer anything in addition to that, whether our life, our heart, our wealth or our might, He withholds that gift. It was already paid for, so faith in Him is the key . Please see links below.

Thank you and may He bless you.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Divining was pretty prevalent around here, never seen it work

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve seen people witch for water with a pair of pliers, a willow stick, heavy copper wire and steel rods. It think it’s BS.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I thought it was utter BS.

My dad told me about it and called it "water witching". Thought he was pulling my leg. He was using a couple of pieces of wire coat hanger trying to locate a water pipe during the construction of some property of his. I took the rods, and gave it a try. It worked. It was actually spot on. I have no idea how it works and had I not actually done it myself I still would have called BS. But it worked. Don't ask me how. It was one of the WTF kind of moments. LOL.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It does work. You can locate underground current with two metal rods

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Graves are 6’ deep, why the 5’ rod drove into the ground?
I assume the top of the vault is less than 6' to the surface.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
Long story, short he located existing graves and verified the plots that did not have a record of burial. He used two wire rods and verified by driving a 1/2" 5' steel rod.

How does that work, roundoak?
A rod in each hand pointed straight out, cross when it detects a grave. Drive the rod to hit the top of the vault

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can find water with either brass or copper rods bent in a L shape.
GrandDad used a forked tree limb, which doesn’t work for me. He preferred the limb of a peach or pecan tree. He found water wells for most of the neighboring ranches and farms when he was young. Folks claimed he was never wrong.
Friend of mine finds graves for Old Cemeteries. He uses two L shaped pieces of coat hanger wire. Never tried doing that. Kinda creeps me out.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/14/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've done it, another odd thing is I can't wear a regular wind up wristwatch they always quit working after a few days, think it might be something with magnetism in my body or something. Maybe that's why chicks are attracted to me lol.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was with the water department we relied on 2 pieces of wire bent from flags as much as we used the locate machine.

Generally as accurate unless there were overhead lines or other buried utilities.

Using 1 wire, if held in your left hand it will swivel to the right, if held in your right hand it will swivel left.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 06/14/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've done it, another odd thing is I can't wear a regular wind up wristwatch they always quit working after a few days, think it might be something with magnetism in my body or something. Maybe that's why chicks are attracted to me lol.
I haven’t warn a watch in years but I used kill them within a few days to a few weeks if it wasn’t rated for extended time and depth underwater.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can use bent wire, usually from coat hangers to find water lines and underground electric lines, but failed with the grave search thing. I really hoped it would work, as out Cemetery has a lot of old, presumably unmarked graves. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.