Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#17337381 06/15/22
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Why isn't the GOP talking about Obamacare anymore? It was their rallying cry the last midterm election cycle. Now it's crickets.

Maybe the insurance and big pharma PACs have commanded no more discussions of insurance overhauls. Seems Washington has no stomach to go against their funding masters.

Sucks because my insurance rates just went up another 15% for the next term.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think they're all going to go up regardless due to the WUflu.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Why isn't the GOP talking about Obamacare anymore? It was their rallying cry the last midterm election cycle. Now it's crickets.

Maybe the insurance and big pharma PACs have commanded no more discussions of insurance overhauls. Seems Washington has no stomach to go against their funding masters.

My guess is the GOP doesn't have to as the Democrats are doing all the talking about Obamacare cost increases now fearing it will further hurt them in the upcoming midterms.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mod...osi-schumer-avoid-obamacare-hikes-2022-6

"57 moderate House Democrats pressure Pelosi and Schumer to disable the Obamacare time-bomb set to go off before the midterms"

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Because the Supreme Court ruled it's the Law of the Land and stays...

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by joken2

My guess is the GOP doesn't have to as the Democrats are doing all the talking about Obamacare cost increases now fearing it will further hurt them in the upcoming midterms.

"57 moderate House Democrats pressure Pelosi and Schumer to disable the Obamacare time-bomb set to go off before the midterms"

And that's the problem. Healthcare has become a political football and that's why we are all screwed. Neither party wants to touch it so they will simply kick the can further down the road. Somebody else's problem sometime in the future.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by joken2

And that's the problem. Healthcare has become a political football and that's why we are all screwed. Neither party wants to touch it so they will simply kick the can further down the road. Somebody else's problem sometime in the future.

Like 'They' say, ... "Follow the Money" ...

AMA, Insurance companies and big Pharma contribute to the Democrat AND Republican parties and candidates both fairly equally in total amounts (albeit a little more to Democrats).

Why?

My guess is regardless which party wins they still owe them favorable legislation.

OPENSECRETS -- AMA -- political contributions

OPENSECRETS -- Pharmaceutical and health products industry -- political contributions

OPENSECRETS -- Insurance companies -- political contributions

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because R’s still don’t have a way to fix the problem.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Why hasn’t Mordor on the Potomac lifted the Pandemic Authority..
The Pandemic is clearly Over ..
Mordor on the Potomac would to have start winding Down Coverage and start kicking people out of the Safety Net Coverage..
Isn’t that what Ocare is ..
They want people depend on Government especially going into an Election Cycle
You hear the Buzz about why people don’t want to go back to Work well it’s Government ..
The Derby Donkey named Mitch is just as Coconspirator in this Fraud on America..

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Because they never had a plan and are complicit in the plan. Trump took them at their word in 2016 and asked them to pass their plan, the alternative plan that they claimed to have written. No plan materialized, crickets.

I’ve been in health care for 30 years. Things went down hill with the passing of the ACA and have not improved.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
What better plan could you ask for. This system has gotten crazy. My wife has been waiting a year to get into Mayo Clinic. Hell if it gets any worse we can be as great as Canada. Edk

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Republicans talked incessantly about it before 2016, when they were given control of the Congress and the executive. They didn't get anything fixed. They know Republican voters aren't dumb enough to fall for that lie again.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
They had both houses, and the White House for two years.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
There is no truth coming out of Washington. Snake den

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Don't know how Obamacare is now but when Ky started KYNECT (Kentucky's version of Obamacare), several major well established insurance companies jumped on the band wagon apparently believing big dollars were to be made.

Fast forward a couple of years later and those same insurance companies had started to lose their azz big time and couldn't leave fast enough. By the third year it was getting difficult to even find a carrier still participating let alone an established, reputable carrier.

Wife was on it for about a year. Our SS retirement C.O.L.A. raise for the following year increased our total household income by about $20 a month which caused her KYNECT (Obamacare) premiums to increase an additional $120 a month.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think I could fix the whole insurance thing fairly quickly if I were king for the day. None of the Washington bunch would have insurance once out of office. They get to have the same stuff that we have for the same costs.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,945 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.