Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
There is no science behind it. That's why it's all bullshit, lol.

Had a college professor who said basically the same thing. I said she was wrong and I’d prove it. She set up the test and I proved my case. I’d take any wager, south of $10, that I could still do it

Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
It is NOT the real deal !

Same offer ?

I've been locating pipelines, etc that way for many years.

Even found an underground water main leak for a water system that they couldn't find for a couple of years. Took me about 20 minutes. He called the backhoe in and damned if it wasn't right where I told him it was.

It's always entertaining to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt to those who are skeptical. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've done it, another odd thing is I can't wear a regular wind up wristwatch they always quit working after a few days, think it might be something with magnetism in my body or something. Maybe that's why chicks are attracted to me lol.

Does your cell phone charge when it's in your pocket? grin

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have used flagging wires many times to locate water lines, have never heard nor tried on graves, will have to give it a try.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This guy would PAY if you could prove you could do it. Nobody ever can of course, not even the dozen plus on this thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've seen it work.

Me too. My son can find water lines using a coat hanger cut into two pieces.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
I know how to dowse for water. All due to electromagnetic fields. I had no idea it worked for graves.

I've heard of them dowsing for water, sewer lines, electric lines, actually pretty much anything buried and at incredible depths.

I once had a dowser show me how he did it, he said he could accurately locate whatever we wanted him to find..

He went to work and located water at 300ft in depth for a well driller seeking a location to drill a well for a new home we were working on, that's what he'd been called to the property to do.

After he was done locating a spot for the well I asked him if he could find the septic system on the property.

He set to work cover much of the same ground he'd searched for water on and soon pointed out where he felt the tank was located and the went on to find and point out the area the drain field covered.

What's the most amazing about dowsing is how the rods know what the dowser is looking for at the time.

I asked him why he hadn't detected the septic while searching for water a short while earlier?
He didn't have much of a answer for that. He'd also walked back and forth over the underground electrical feed to the home and never mentioned it although he'd said he could locate them.

The main issue with his locating efforts were that we hadn't installed the septic system on the property yet.

Locating water isn't very impressive being you can find water anywhere you drill for it on 95% of the earth.

That's pretty much everywhere except Jim Conrad's property up on the highline.

Water dowsers have pretty good odds at being correct at least 95% of the time. Pretty good gig if you can get someone to pay you for it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Even found an underground water main leak for a water system that they couldn't find for a couple of years. Took me about 20 minutes. He called the backhoe in and damned if it wasn't right where I told him it was.

It's always entertaining to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt to those who are skeptical. grin

It's just amazing dowsers can detect a water pipe, deeper water to drill for and now a water leak when all three would be in exactly the same spot.

Tell me Waterwitch, do those dowsing rods have settings for leak/pipe/pool?
How do the rods know what you seek?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This guy would PAY if you could prove you could do it. Nobody ever can of course, not even the dozen plus on this thread.

LOL.

Kinda hard to get money from a dead democrat.

I'm sure he still votes for Biden though.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA

It's just amazing dowsers can detect a water pipe, deeper water to drill for and now a water leak when all three would be in exactly the same spot.

I don't propose to be a water witch. I also don't propose to know how it works.

About a month ago my neighbor rancher needed to find a waterline splitting to two stock tanks, each one several hundred feet long.

I located the lines for him and flagged them up. Last week he had an excavator follow the lines to the ponds.

They were empty lines. No water in them.

Won't argue with you, since debate on the subject has no effect on those who already have their mind made up, and refuse to hear anything other than what they believe. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA

I don't claim to know what is down under from the rods action, but go by crossing a line several times and looking where it is going. Most of the time I know by that, as there is usually some other clue that you can see if you are observant. I can only know from the rods if there is an anomality there. Lets say there is a water line that you want located, I start near a known part of the line, and by crossing it several times, I can find the turns and branches. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should add that when I first heard of this I was skeptical, but I was working for the AHTD, surveying, and I got some rods and tried it, while waiting for one call. I was soon convinced that it worked, at least for some people. I have never tried anything but underground lines, water, electric, telephone etc. and the graves. It seems to work for me for everything but graves. I must say that I only tried that for a short time, as this was after my back got bad and walking with my arms extended was uncomfortable. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Won't argue with you, since debate on the subject has no effect on those who already have their mind made up, and refuse to hear anything other than what they believe. wink

I think that you just described the majority of the 'fire members.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My grandfather and my dad could do it iv tried, no luck. Always used fruit tree forks or willow.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What does Tommy Chong know about this stuff.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I found my well had two veins cross drilled it driller said it was best and strongest well he had drilled around these parts. After that when he has had trouble finding water he will call. I have found water every time he needs it. NO CHARGE. But have a freezer full of beef, and pork. Also worked 25 years for a gas & water company of course they used me when they needed too. LOL Upper boss would come out and try but no luck. Also did mission trips to Haiti to find water but would not let locals watch they still have and believe in witchdoctors, and they are scary. Found 7 places for wells. they have drill 4 and all have water 5000 gal. per. day. When you see kids walk 2mi for 5gal. of water and carry it home on their heads. Well, enough said.

Grand Paw said it was a gift and I should share it. Alway have and always will.

Thanks, for reading.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
Should add that when I first heard of this I was skeptical, but I was working for the AHTD, surveying, and I got some rods and tried it, while waiting for one call. I was soon convinced that it worked, at least for some people. I have never tried anything but underground lines, water, electric, telephone etc. and the graves. It seems to work for me for everything but graves. I must say that I only tried that for a short time, as this was after my back got bad and walking with my arms extended was uncomfortable. miles

That's how I started.

By surveying.

Never made any money doing it, and never even tried to "witch a water well"... Wouldn't even know how.

In surveying, I found it most useful to locate and determine how many pipelines were in a right of way. Once done, the locations and numbers have been verified by hydro-vac many times.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A couple "L" shaped wires from metal coat hanger works for me. Been able to do it since I was a kid. I've found wells and traced paths from one well to another.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
i was a skeptic once upon a time.

but after watching several guys locate under ground lines. i tried it.

i could find cross country buried cable in a field thousands of feet from markers

actual visual verification was necessary so digging and seeing the cable was required. also it was nice to be able to put a locator on the cable and verify it. but we still had to see it to know for sure.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You either believe or not. I have seen it my whole life. I have tried it and can at times hit it and other times I don't. How it works, don't know but I have witnessed it enough with proven results I don't argue with it.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (338reddog, 2UP, 35, 44mc, 007FJ, 19 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,582
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.