Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Being in the backhoe business working with well drillers and pump guys I have literally located thousands of water lines with which in sticks my version of what's in the sticks heavier copper wire been at 90°, one end a little over a foot long the other end for 6 in. Simply works. The copper wires are also find buried electric service quite easily
As for the graves never done nothing with that but I have dug graves around here graves are 4 ft deep 4 ft wide 8 ft long. That puts the top of a vault usually about a foot to foot and a half depending on the vault under the surface of the ground. Exception around here is national cemetery there at bolts are actually stacked up one on top of the other so then you have an 8-ft deep dig

Last edited by ldholton; 06/15/22.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I should apply for a Federal grant to research and determine how dowsing works.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by roundoak

It only works if you believe it works.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll relay a story the gunsmith I work for told. There is a black church that wanted to bury someone. Black church's are notorious for not putting headstones up apparently. Like the OP, they could not afford to pay someone with ground penetrating eqt. So one of the folks in the church brought a family member who charged them $500 to douse the area. They called in the grave digger who began digging the grave. after three tries and finding bodies each time, he told them they needed to get their $500 back.
The same church bordered the gunsmith's cousin's house. They shared a driveway. The cousin as a gesture of being a good neighbor seen that the picnic table behind the church was falling apart. So, one Saturday went to Home Depot, bought a load of PT wood and rebuilt the picnic table. The preacher didn't know who had done this and was in the pulpit the following week and said that he appreciated whom ever did this great thing. He asked the clergy who did this? A women stode up and said she had done it. The preacher applauded her and thanked her. The preacher was telling the neighbor a few days later about how great his people were, it was then the neighbor revealed that it was actually him and his wife that had rebuilt the table.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've tried it many times with #6 copper ground wire. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Can't say. Could be just me.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have located sewer lines, power lines, water lines with two wires and have shown countless number of folks how to do it.

Using two wire coat hangers cut the hooks off and one side .You have the bottom and one side left. Bend the side to 90 degrees of the bottom. Cut that side to about 6-7"long.

Hold a side in each hand with the bottom parallel to the ground and each pointing out and away from you.Hold so the bottom stays in place, but not tight enough to keep it from moving.

Walk slowly across where you think the line or object might be buried .When you cross it, if held loose enough,the two wires will cross so they are pointing at each other. As you walk pass, the wires will turn and point at you. Any solid wire will work. I have even done it with1/8" brazing rod.

Some plumbing shops use to sell them with a wooden handle. The handle had a hole in it that the wire fit loosely in and could turn so your hand never touched the wire. My father could find water with a forked willow branch and I had secretary at work could also. She witched several wells for folks

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've seen it work.

I have too and I experienced it myself.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Which way are you leaning?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Us humans are electrically charged beings, some +, some - I guess.
Mysteries abound.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've found water lines, power, and water in the pasture (drilled and verified)
Don't claim to know how it works, or why some can do it, but others can't.
Like Roger - I kill wind-up watches. Related? I have no idea.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I, too, am apparently a killer of wind-up watches. My folks got me a Bulova Caravelle for 8th-grade graduation. Within a week, it no longer ran. Took it back to the jeweler. He was puzzled and replaced it. Back a week later. He refunded the money. I don't remember what I got instead.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I, too, am apparently a killer of wind-up watches. My folks got me a Bulova Caravelle for 8th-grade graduation. Within a week, it no longer ran. Took it back to the jeweler. He was puzzled and replaced it. Back a week later. He refunded the money. I don't remember what I got instead.

Me too.

I cannot wear a cheap watch. They just die in short order. Windup or otherwise.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Take off your watch when beating off ... It'll last much longer ....🧐

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always good to hear from first-hand experience.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've done it, another odd thing is I can't wear a regular wind up wristwatch they always quit working after a few days, think it might be something with magnetism in my body or something. Maybe that's why chicks are attracted to me lol.

Maybe you should get one of these, Roger:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/milgauss.html?ef_id=Cj0KCQjwhqaVBhCxARIsAHK1tiPc-hhGMAy_k8o6EWaT_Z6yloFnPEnCVNIcmUftoq7hNN7anI6pvKkaAj1uEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!141!3!520491434339!e!!g!!rolex%20milgauss

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Like Green Energy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Factory made rods for those who don't believe in it.

I had 2 on the water truck, but normally used the flag wires.

https://www.usabluebook.com/p-277534-magnetomatic-pipe-locator.aspx

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 06/15/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I was born a skeptic. Doubting Thomas from the get go.

My lovely sainted Grandmother was the family water witch, though as she was a VERY devout Seventh Day Adventist, that term was never used.

I was ten when my folks hired a well driller. Grandma came out and Dad cut her a forked limb from a peach tree. Pretty soon, we all saw that limb dive in her hands and point to the ground. Grandma said, "right here".

My younger sister and I were not worthy of sacrificing more limbs from the peach tree. But Dad did cut us each a forked willow branch. 55 years later, I vividly remember that branch twisting in my hands as I stepped over the spot Grandma had picked. It really unnerved me, as even at that age I wanted to know the science behind the action. But nobody had an explanation. I only KNEW it had nothing to do with any demon or spirit or such.

Now, I do not know. They might have hit water anyplace on that dry 20 acre hill. I do know they punched through about five veins and each time Dad told the driller to keep going, that one is still too hard. The casing is 200 ft deep. Static level is 80 ft. I can pump 25 gpm 24 hrs a day for days on end without appreciable draw down.

My son in law carries wire dousing rods in his truck at all times. He owns a drilling company which specializes in municipal, agricultural, and industrial wells up to 30 inch diameter. Usually $300K and up for each well. He douses every one, and he has a richly deserved reputation for providing high volume wells.

No, I still have no idea how dousing works or why it works for one person and not another. Nor why the willow branch picks a particular place to dive, but it does. It is an easily observable phenomenon.

Does it mean that is the only place you can find water under the ground in the area? Probably not!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dousing and dowsing are different things.....

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

287 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,733
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.