Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I just came across this Guy's charging bear testing system and thought you Guys might enjoy it... he even has another video of doing it with rifles and shotguns... it's a true eye opener as to how many accurate shots that might be possible during a 2-3 second charge.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Uhhhhh…

Let’s stop and think about this.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Very interesting. About what I would expect. I only watched it once very quickly so I could have missed something.....but....

One thing I didn't hear him mention was speed of draw. It certainly looked quicker getting the Glock into play. Quicker draw moving a shorter barrel from a holster with an easier to access grip. Would be interesting to see the same done with handgun already in hand.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
His rifle test....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There may be some validity to what he is doing, but that is mostly an entertainment video. Standing at ready with your rifle in hand is not a real life bear encounter. The bear approaching him at that speed is likely real time, but without the rifle in hand and ready to fire, he would have been a sandwich for that bear.

Snowshoes on hard pack takes some seriousness out of what he is doing, it is easy to be critical, but he makes it even easier...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That's exactly the results that anyone who has any common sense would expect. Jerry Miculek would of done better with the revolver, same for the auto.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4 minutes is all i could watch.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DanBrothers
I just came across this Guy's charging bear testing system and thought you Guys might enjoy it... he even has another video of doing it with rifles and shotguns... it's a true eye opener as to how many accurate shots that might be possible during a 2-3 second charge.

I figured he'd only get one shot off with the single action, but there's no excuse for that one shot being so inaccurate. The single action has been known for a very long time to be quite easy to draw, cock, and accurately fire the first shot at least on par with a semi-auto pistol.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I figured he'd only get one shot off with the single action, but there's no excuse for that one shot being so inaccurate. The single action has been known for a very long time to be quite easy to draw, cock, and accurately fire the first shot at least on par with a semi-auto pistol.

Really?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yes. You cock as you draw, so that factor shouldn't slow you down in getting that first sight picture. The trigger pull is certainly not the issue, as it's light and crisp. It's having to then cock again for subsequent shots that slows you down vs a semi-auto. For the first shot, though, you should be on par, if you know how to draw, cock, and shoot a single action revolver.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
When à grizzly came in on me working à moose kill I used a 475 Linebaugh, 1 shot is all I fired and that was that

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Pretty obvious he has little experience with a revolver. But I can't fault him for putting up an entertainment video.

If you don't practice with a big bore revolver then you are going to suck. And he sucks.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
He sucks....??? I'm not so sure... after all... he is drawing from a holster and then shooting at a charging target... that is a real life test. His first videos where stationary paper targets, but that wasn't real life testing so he rigged up this system. I think the actual time from the first shot to the last shot is pretty short.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He sucks....??? I'm not so sure... after all... he is drawing from a holster and then shooting at a charging target... that is a real life test. His first videos where stationary paper targets, but that wasn't real life testing so he rigged up this system. I think the actual time from the first shot to the last shot is pretty short.
Well then you suck too.
A revolver is easy to shoot fast with a little practice - and he's never practiced. A heavy chunk of steel like that Redhawk makes 44mag very controllable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are a heck of a lot of people that carry handguns for self defense that probably have less experience than the guy in the video and they think they are "good enough." Fortunately they seldom actually have to use their gun and they manage to get by without shooting themselves in the foot and then being killed by a bad guy or eaten by a bear.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
More of a holster test than types of handguns.

The top of the Glock holster approx. 3" lower, plus the shorter barrel obviously offering a faster draw.

Then the apples to water melon's of shooting a 10 against a 44 mag. A 200(?) @ 1150 vs. a 240(?) @ 1400. Why not a 10mm revolver?

Another BS mismatched test.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
- Ad sponsored by Clearasil ™

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
LOL.... I think he was just testing himself to see what he could actually do if a Kodiak bear charged him while working on that island.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
LOL.... I think he was just testing himself to see what he could actually do if a Kodiak bear charged him while working on that island.
Or about anywhere else in Alaska.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 37 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.