-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing to remember about Narcan is that it can wear off faster than a long-acting or extended-release narcotic, and the abuser will renarcotize and go back into respiratory failure again. For one example, an extended release morphine, or even just a big dose of IV morphine can do that.

Repeated doses may become necessary more often than not from street to ER I would imagine.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
LEO’s do respond here. They get our Narcan when it goes out of date.
We average 3 OD’s a weekend in our little town of 16 thousand or so. Lots of repeats.
County wide, to include the city, we average one OD fatality a week.
When I started in 95 we went on maybe 1 or 2 OD’s a year. Crazy!
We have an organization in our county called Hoosier Uplands that specializes in providing assistance and housing to all who are on drugs or don’t work. The churches offer free food and showers; brings them in from all over.
A couple of weeks ago we had one from Michigan.
Kind’ve like leaving the cat food bowl on the back porch.
Tonight you have one coon, tomorrow night you have ten, lol.

Last edited by JTrapper73; 06/16/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
One thing to remember about Narcan is that it can wear off faster than a long-acting or extended-release narcotic, and the abuser will renarcotize and go back into respiratory failure again. For one example, an extended release morphine, or even just a big dose of IV morphine can do that.

Repeated doses may become necessary more often than not from street to ER I would imagine.

They taught us that Narcan will last somewhere around 30 min., then the victim will go back under the influence of the drugs.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Great point to keep in mind

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
about 8 miles down the road from us in a neighborhood/subdivision that's notorious for heroin OD's. At the time the nearest responding ambulance was several miles away, so the Burrough built a fire station out there with a full-time Ems crew their just to respond to the heroin OD's. This place is considered part of big lake which is notorious for having a lot of junkies. The state troopers here carry several doses of NARCAN 99% of the time they are the first ones to respond to the scene.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Got my Narcan endorsement last night.

Now I can bring back you Boomers who accidentally stacked 28 pain patches on top of each other.

Tell me more about these "pain patches".....

Theys the good ones. Transdermal Fentanyl!

The military use to issue Fentanyl Lollipops, pretty cool.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
I remember hearing about those Mike.

I think some hospital used them too.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm glad there is Narcan.

Some of the attitudes on here are sick, should para's not hit a fat guy with insulin because he won't lose weight or quit eating cheeto's or quit drinking beer even though diabetic?

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Some of the attitudes on here are sick, should para's not hit a fat guy with insulin because he won't lose weight or quit eating cheeto's or quit drinking beer even though diabetic?

Here the conversation has been - why WONT the cops administer insulin to someone who needs it but WILL Narcan?

I get what it's used for - Narcan but what does it actually DO exactly? How does it work?

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blocks the bodies ability to absorb/metabolize opiates

NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Teal

Here the conversation has been - why WONT the cops administer insulin to someone who needs it but WILL Narcan?

I get what it's used for - Narcan but what does it actually DO exactly? How does it work?

The only cops administering Narcan are most likely carrying an EMT cert. Unless a particular department or agency is giving full stop to their cops administering Narcan, which would end in complete disaster.

But we're dealing with a population that thinks Chauvin murdered George Floyd and that you can vaccinate COVID.

So, more Brawndo.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Blocks the bodies ability to absorb/metabolize opiates

Interesting but what about the opiates already in the stream? I'm not a user - don't know but I'd think you'd already have absorbed quite a bit to need the narcan? Looking to learn - not snark.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cliff Notes edition: There are different kinds of opioid receptors (sometimes noted as mu, delta, kappa) in the body and spinal cord. When narcotics attach to them they alter the brain, brain stem, limbic system, and spinal cord function causing from pain relief, euphoria, sedation and some respiratory depression to unconsciousness and respiratory failure.

Narcan is an opioid antagonist and competes for these same receptors, knocking them off after circulating in the blood stream, and reversing the opioid effects. It acts almost instantaneously in one brain-body circulation time.

Correction: beta, not delta.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 06/16/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks. Interesting

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It should be noted that like guns, narcotics are not the problem. The problem is always people, people who abuse both. We’d be in a world of hurt without narc’s, both literally and figuratively. But just because narc’s are abused, a second, great wrong would be legalizing them. Totally wrong.

Fentanyl is truly a great drug, used in medical environments, and often used as the basis for many anesthesia techniques. In fact, it has spawned a couple of others — sufentanyl and alfentanyl — longer- acting and ultra-short acting derivatives.

But fentanyls potency in anesthesia also make it ultra dangerous when abused in street form when the strength/potency and amount in some pill or tablet are completely unknown. I have seen a nurse administer 1cc of medical grade fentanyl (50 mcg), a relatively small amount, in the recovery room, and put a patient in respiratory arrest necessitating resuscitation and Narcan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
You should just let those damn junkies die.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve

Wow

It’s it wonder the second deputy didnt get passive buzz just being that close.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
i don't get it , i have had about 6 surgeries and Fentanyl at much higher doze was used. he barely got a sniff of the good stuff.

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Steve

Wow

It’s it wonder the second deputy didnt get passive buzz just being that close.

What did the fugging guy do? Miami Vice it?

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,924 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,804
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.