-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why do they seal coffins? To keep the oncologists out.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sorry for the situation that Your loss is manifesting itself in. We all come into this life in our way and we will all go out in our own way.
My dad, rest his soul,passed when he laid down to rest at 84 years old before he was to disc the gardens of three of his neighbors.
We should all be so blessed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hot load of morphine.

We treat dogs and cats with more dignity than our sick and dying.

I made my mother a promise, thankfully she went rather peacefully and I didn't need to keep that promise.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About 2.5 hours ago I attempted a reply to your inquiry in a way that I hoped could be helpful. But, I quit.

Yes, the process of losing a lovely person is all too recent and the details still vivid. And, the post may not have been relevant or helpful because the person was much younger, had always been in excellent health, and had been an unbelievably strong battler against cancer.

But, for the most part I quit because - as demonstrated by the posts here - the outcomes will vary so greatly due to the nature and will of the person, the applicable circumstances and the care givers.

In one way I feel that the final stage of dying was all to prolonged - for the person and for the very loving and supportive family that supported, surrounded and showered her with every expression of love and appreciation through the final moment. On the other hand, the entire experience of loss was all too quick.

I still find no helpful answer, and hope that you will feel strength and experience peace as this unfolds.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Duct tape a plastic bag around your fat head and I’ll time it to see how long it takes for your dim lights to extinguish.

Ready, set, go....

🦫
Is that a threat or a promise?

No idiot…It’s a solution.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My mother was 74 when she developed a brain tumour. A doctor at a prestigious Toronto hospital convinced us an operation could prolong her life by about a year. We managed to convince her to have the operation and two weeks afterward she went into a coma that lasted for 3 months before she passed. When asked about what had happened the doctor said the tumour was larger than expected. If it was that large I'm convinced it would have shown on prior x-rays. To this day I believe the doctor did it to get paid for operating. I still am very uneasy around doctors and question everything they tell me.

By the time she passed we could only feel a great sense of relief that it was finally over.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Duct tape a plastic bag around your fat head and I’ll time it to see how long it takes for your dim lights to extinguish.

Ready, set, go....

🦫

🦫
Any time you get boozed up enough and feel ready to try, let me know.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Ready, set, go....

🦫

🦫
#lightningstrike

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Ready, set, go....

🦫

🦫
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lol yeah he is a hard ass.

He will pray for some brass knuckles and find them on the highway on the way to the fight.

IC B3

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
A clue to AnF not wanting this to mess up his fishing and shooting is found in the thread about being afraid of you father. I get it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ready, set, go....

🦫

🦫

Please don’t hurt me.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by GeorgeLa
A clue to AnF not wanting this to mess up his fishing and shooting is found in the thread about being afraid of you father. I get it.
Daymn.... I didn’t see that

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Very sorry for your situation Armednfree. Ask for Jesus help. Not the Fire.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Til he gets tired?

I dunno.

Had a grannie that has dementia after a stroke.

I worked away from home…

I called mom to check in. She said grannie is sleeping with her eyes open.

Gone a day later.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When I was 10yo my favorite uncle was diagnosed with late stage pancreatic cancer. He was given about a month to live and immediately went downhill and into hospice care. That man hung on another 13 months to the point that I remember my aunt was just flat wore out from living at that place with him and she was relieved when he died. The man hung on so long that he didn't just turn yellow with jaundice from the cancer eating his liver, but he turned gray. It was the damndest thing to witness as a kid and I remember my dad at the funeral saying "Jesus Christ, I can't believe they didn't keep the casket closed." Looked like a clay statue laying in that box. Death is a weird thing. I went through an existential crisis when I lost my first wife 2 weeks before Christmas 2020. It made me fear death for the first time ever and question why in the hell any of us are even here to just end up in a box someday like I saw her and the world just keeps going. The only solace I get is the fact that millions upon millions have gone through it already, including people that I loved.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
It really is a shame that we actually do treat cats and dogs better than humans with death rather than suffering a bunch needlessly. Says something about society don't it........................Just like funerals, they are for the living not the dead.

not me ... loose dogs on my property are moving targets

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Ask around the hospital for a senior RN who's worked in geriatrics or hospice and ask her every question you have. She's probably seen every possible situation you could think of. MD's don't work hospice. My exGF helped me take care of my Mom during her last 2-years at home and when it was time and we contacted hospice, their representative just turned everything over to her. I will forever be grateful to my GF for that, especially as my mother lingered for 3-weeks when we thought she wouldn't last another 3-days. God bless - I hope it goes as well as can be expected for you, your family, and your Dad.

Last edited by Offshoreman; 06/16/22.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 78CJ
I envy every child that found their parents cold.

I didn't watch your stupid video you idiot. I did watch both my parents die and I don't wish it upon anyone.

Go away

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Watching my dad over the last yr I have already decided I'll eat a bullet like my uncle did before I put my family through it.

No kidding.

Read your life insurance policies carefully first. May be exclusions in there for checking out voluntarily. Might leave your loved ones in a pinch.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 48 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.