Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I tested positive once but taste and smell was not affected. My nephew caught the.first variant and lost taste and smell for 6 months.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Wife and I both had it for about a week or two in September of 2020. Both lost taste and smell. Mine came back but some things are not as strong or different. Wife still does nor have it back completely.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Been 18 months since my bout. Taste is about 75% and smell is like 50%. What I can smell smells different now too.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I am fully good to go

sniffer and likker wise

My 5 days of covid sniffles made Sav-A-Lot Castsup taste like Mr Clean with Ammonia D. Whatever that is.

That weirdness lasted about 2 weeks.

Anything with vinegar tasted like military grade medic kit ammonia inhalant salts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
First bout: Very late 19 into early 20
Lost all taste/smell for about a month.
After that all back to normal.

Second bout: Early 22
No loss of either

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Daughter lost both smell and taste back in November. Smeller is back MAYBE half. Taster about a quarter.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Smell and taste totally fucqued up. Had it in November 21.

LOL
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Had it in Jan -- taste is mainly back except on fish Any type of fish has what I would discribe as a metalic / tin taste -- used to be very strong and it is weaker now. Had fresh shrimp last night and just a slight metalic taste.

Hugh
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What's crazy is how vid hits everyone different. Different symptoms and severity etc.

You eat bad eggs, get food poisoned or have a cold - we all know what that's going to look like.

5 people can get vid and they all look different. Even those with the same symptom (loss of taste) will have different ways that happens - as listed here. Some people get the metallic taste, others have chicken taste rancid (me) others with no taste etc.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tee3
I had Covid last September and it was pretty rough for me . Still can’t hardly smell anything much and like you , the taste of almost any soft drink is terrible now . Any cola flavor is the worst and Pepsi used to be my favorite. They all have a strong chemical taste to me now .

Maybe Covid enhanced your taste buds to the point you can now taste all the chemicals used to make what the FDA calls our food.

🤷🏽‍♀️🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone with ‘off taste’ tried eating elk, venison, or a free range chicken?

Does food NOT purchased or processed, but garden grown or field game killed taste different?

🦫

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep since Thanksgiving 2020. Some days are more normal than others, some days are weird.

Usually if I'm around someone that has covid my sense of taste is all f'ed up for a day or two.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mach3
After getting the election infection? I have my taste and smell back, but some things still smell way off. Almost all alcohol chemicals have the same type of smell. Coke and most other soda tastes like [bleep]. Lettuce tastes like cologne.

What's everyone else experiencing?

Maybe, maybe not. I only experienced the loss of taste (other than my jokes :)) for a few hours with COVID. 5-1/2 months later everything is 100% back to normal except I can't taste cinnamon. We've tried getting cinnamon from several different stores thinking we just got a chit batch of cinnamon but they're all the now-bland same. frown It could be that all stores are getting it from the same original source and it's all weak, but it seems more likely to be a COVID side effect as more and more time passes.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Same here. Had it 7 months ago, and my taste is mostly back, but sometimes I just smell weird stuff. I can be sitting in my living room watching TV and feel like im smelling gasoline or smoke, then I think about it, and the smell goes back to somewhat normal. I'll ask my wife and kids and they don't smell anything i'm smelling.. Don't know if it is a mental thing or what. Everything smells different now. My deoderant that I'ved used for years smells different and weaker than before and toothpaste i've used for years smells different and seems to have a weird aftertaste that I never noticed in the past...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 06/17/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I was sick in December/2020, my sniffer was acting weird - tap water smelled really bad (it's rural well water), my truck cab had an odor, etc. Did not affect food or other drinks.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Anyone with ‘off taste’ tried eating elk, venison, or a free range chicken?

Does food NOT purchased or processed, but garden grown or field game killed taste different?

🦫

Yes - venison only in my house mostly, other than a couple steaks etc.

Tasted really weird.

Me

M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Dude, you're not far off. Everything that has questionable ingredients and shouldn't be in your body, all tastes the same to me. Terrible like chemicals. I haven't had a soda since November 21 when I had the China virus. I guess diabetes is less likely for me in the future.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mach3
Dude, you're not far off. Everything that has questionable ingredients and shouldn't be in your body, all tastes the same to me. Terrible like chemicals. I haven't had a soda since November 21 when I had the China virus. I guess diabetes is less likely for me in the future.

Just seemed a plausible explanation, since 95% of our food that is processed, has something added to it that was man made.

Take it as a good thing and eat healthy stuff.

Now where did my wife put my damn Twinkies.

Lol

🦫

“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
[quote=Beaver10]Anyone with ‘off taste’ tried eating elk, venison, or a free range chicken?

Yes , we practically live on deer meat at my house and it tastes as good as it always did to me . I also had the weird smoke smell that Ramdiesel described but that’s gone now

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tested positive three weeks ago tomorrow. Felt rotten for a few, lost T&S on third day like a light switch went off. I knew at that point I had the China--test confirmed.

Started hitting the horse paste and felt better quickly. Taste and smell varies, about 25% most days.
Honey nut cheerios taste like Chanel #5. smirk

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 82 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.