Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My nephew just got COVID-19 last week. He lost his sense of taste and smell completely. I commented to him that it's a shame he's going to miss Mackinaw Peach season this year.

Props to anyone who gets the reference. My nephew got it.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got the fauxi flu last oct. Still can't taste or smell.

Good side is I can buy cheaper beer since I can't taste it anyway.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My nephew just got COVID-19 last week. He lost his sense of taste and smell completely. I commented to him that it's a shame he's going to miss Mackinaw Peach season this year.

Props to anyone who gets the reference. My nephew got it.

Mackinaw peaches Jerry! At least he wasn't bug bombed...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had it about A year and a half ago coffee just don't taste like it used to! Iv tried them all!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by saddlering
I had it about A year and a half ago coffee just don't taste like it used to! Iv tried them all!

Yep coffee tastes awful now to me.... like chemicals..

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Anyone with ‘off taste’ tried eating elk, venison, or a free range chicken? Does food NOT purchased or processed, but garden grown or field game killed taste different?
🦫

We have elk, deer, moose and pheasants --- during the loss of taste period all were bland --- just basically chewing cardboard. Now I notice the differences but the weird part is I used to like deer -- now not so much. BBQ season should turn this around.

Someone mentioned coffee being off and I had not thought on that. I stopped going to Tim Horton's for awhile as the taste of their coffee had changed to me.

Hugh
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Got the fauxi flu last oct. Still can't taste or smell.

Good side is I can buy cheaper beer since I can't taste it anyway.

Now that`s making lemonade out of lemons... Not that you could taste it...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Never took any precautions unless forced to, sat side by side with friends every day, and never caught anything. And I'm an old guy who should be at risk? It's about what will you forfeit.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Wrapids
Never took any precautions unless forced to, sat side by side with friends every day, and never caught anything. And I'm an old guy who should be at risk? It's about what will you forfeit.

I work from home a lot, and I thought I would never get it either and never took to many precautions other than washing my hands quite a bit more when I was out in public.. But, then my kids went back to school full time and my wife went back to work full time working with the public a lot doing Xrays, and it wasn't long until it spread in our household.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel

I work from home a lot, and I thought I would never get it either and never took to many precautions other than washing my hands quite a bit more when I was out in public.. But, then my kids went back to school full time and my wife went back to work full time working with the public a lot doing Xrays, and it wasn't long until it spread in our household.
Did you die?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Yep coffee tastes awful now to me.... like chemicals..
Damn! That sucks.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel

Did you die?

HA! Obviously not, but it was pretty touch and go for my mother-in-law when she got it... She looked like death warmed over, didn't think she was going to make it..Her oxygen level dropped down to 70% at one point and she was close to wanting to go to the emergency room and get on a ventilator which is not like her at all.. I think ivermectin and HCQ honestly saved her..I thought a lot of the talk about it being super deadly, and worse than the flu and all that was BS until I saw her go through it..

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 06/17/22.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Tee3
I had Covid last September and it was pretty rough for me . Still can’t hardly smell anything much and like you , the taste of almost any soft drink is terrible now . Any cola flavor is the worst and Pepsi used to be my favorite. They all have a strong chemical taste to me now .

Maybe Covid enhanced your taste buds to the point you can now taste all the chemicals used to make what the FDA calls our food.

🤷🏽‍♀️🦫
LOL True... I was think'in the same thing... Them gocksuckers have been slowly increasing the chemicals in our food for decades and our taste buds built up a tolerance/immunity to it... maybe covid wiped that out...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lost my sense of smell and taste for about 2 weeks. I forced it back to work with whisky and vodka. Seems to be ok now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My sense of humor has suffered tremendously since the election.

My wife’s sense of smell and taste was off for about 10 months. I don’t think I had a big change in taste or smell but my wife did for quite awhile after and even now she says there are a couple things that still don’t smell like they did.

We had it twice that we know of. The first time it was like a lingering cold that took a couple weeks to shake and the second time we probably wouldn’t have known about but one of the kids wasn’t feeling good and got “tested”. I’ve been much sicker in years past with a cold or the flu.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Most coffee smells rotten to me but tastes ok. Red wine smells rotten and tastes rotten also. Some breads and cheeses that once tasted mild taste bad. I used to prefer red wine but not anymore. White wine tastes the same.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So COVID is not the common flu?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didnt lose smell or taste, but my tinnitus got considerably worse after Covid.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 6 invisible), 1,602 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.