Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have nothing against the "bunch". The show just did nothing for me.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think some people may get so wrapped up in a TV show they feel they actually know the characters.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i worked with a guy from the monroe area,

He didnt know em, but said you'd see them out all over town.

hardware store, grocery store, etc...

everyday country folks.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hunted deer for several years with Mike Stone and Sam Stone. Mike is Dad to Jay Stone and retired HS in Monroe

Jay Stone is the GM of Duck Commander and the husband of the oldest daughter of Allen Robertson

Fantastic family

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I hunted deer for several years with Mike Stone and Sam Stone. Mike is Dad to Jay Stone and retired HS in Monroe

Jay Stone is the GM of Duck Commander and the husband of the oldest daughter of Allen Robertson

Fantastic family

I thought Willie was the GM.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
Phil Robertson, the founder of their duck call business started with nothing out of his garage and built an empire. All of them are multi-millionaires but don't flaunt it. Phil still lives in his old house in the "boonies".
Very humble and good people.
Three of them are ordained pastors, including Phil and Jase. Phil is highly educated, taught college, and has written several books. Phil also played college football (quarterback) and was in direct competition with Terry Bradshaw for the NFL, but stepped down to pursue his Christian lifestyle, giving Bradshaw a "shoe-in".
They agreed to do the show to help share with the world about family and Christian values, not to chase the dollar. Great folks.
Listen to their podcast "Unashamed" some time. You will see, although not worldly (by choice), they are very intelligent and educated, especially on biblical history.
I can't think of a better group of people I would rather spend time with.
Yes they have a Southern accent, but accents are greatly misjudged. An accent does nothing to indicate intelligence, success, or the character of a person.

^^This^^

Their history of drug and alcohol abuse really takes away from how intelligent they may have ever been for me.

Read Phil’s autobiography from about 10 years ago and see if your opinion changes any.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
I use to love watching the old Duck Commander VHS videos and the cable show. Jase is one killing machine.
The tv show is just stupid with very little hunting.
Yup. Wore those tapes out. Good on them for making a buck.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Morewood
Uncle Si still alive? Always got a kick out of that old geezer.
Yeah, I googled him earlier. He's 72 and doing fine.

Whoops he's 74.

There’s a YouTube recently posted of Si buying himself a brand new F-150 for his 74th bday. Said it was his first new vehicle ever.

But also in the video it shows his house….and it ain’t no shack. 😅

He went over yonder way
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I believe they are terrific people. The show was 100% scripted but if you look at it as parable with the moral at the end you start to get the concept.

How they managed to keep the family together really impresses me. I’m a jackass millionaire like them and it tore my family apart. I’m to blame for some of it for well meaning intentions that blew up in my face. Sometimes I wish I could put the genie back in the bottle but life doesn’t work that way. Jealousy is a horrible thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the family is relateable.

they get the message of Christ across.

I'll listen to Phil before someone like Happy Crumper.

nothing to do with his wealth.

from what ive seen and heard, he practices what he preaches.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
the family is relateable.

they get the message of Christ across.

I'll listen to Phil before someone like Happy Crumper.

nothing to do with his wealth.

from what ive seen and heard, he practices what he preaches.

Yep. Happy Cramper is a lying hypocrite.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Phil Robertson, the founder of their duck call business started with nothing out of his garage and built an empire. All of them are multi-millionaires but don't flaunt it. Phil still lives in his old house in the "boonies".
Three of them are ordained pastors, including Phil and Jase. Phil is highly educated, taught college, and has written several books. Phil also played college football (quarterback) and was in direct competition with Terry Bradshaw for the NFL, but stepped down to pursue his Christian lifestyle, giving Bradshaw a "shoe-in".
They agreed to do the show to help share with the world about family and Christian values, not to chase the dollar. Great folks.
Listen to their podcast "Unashamed" some time. You will see, although not worldly (by choice), they are very intelligent and educated, especially on biblical history.
Yes they have a Southern accent, but accents are greatly misjudged. An accent does nothing to indicate intelligence, success, or the character of a person.

This times 10, strange how the same anti God crowd also hated the show..

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Morewood
Uncle Si still alive? Always got a kick out of that old geezer.
Yeah, I googled him earlier. He's 72 and doing fine.

Whoops he's 74.

There’s a YouTube recently posted of Si buying himself a brand new F-150 for his 74th bday. Said it was his first new vehicle ever.

But also in the video it shows his house….and it ain’t no shack. 😅

i hope the best for uncle si.

he didnt sound to good in that video......

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

This times 10, strange how the same anti God crowd also hated the show..

Yep.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I see where the lower hanging fyruit on the patriarchal family tree are starting a show called treasure hunters. Looks like another oak island production with beards.
Are they trying to jump the shark?

That shark has been jumped more times than the gates on a 400 meter hurdle track.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uncle Si is on oxygen, about to have surgery on his lung to allow him to exhale better.

Jase has never tasted alcohol, was a virgin when he got married, he and his wife have raised adopted children, currently has a little black baby they are raising, a legit humble outlook on life!

Willie is not much like the "character" on the show that was for entertainment, he's a hilarious dude on the podcast and apparently a true leader and evangelist in his church.

Uncle Si is no dummy like the show made him look, he knows the Bible inside and out and really a wise man.

I believe they would all be great around a campfire

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dave

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I watched it for a bit. Phil didn't seem like he wanted any of that fame at all, he just wanted to hunt. But he took one for the team so his kids could have a comfortable life.

Jase and his family seem quite down to earth and the real deal.

The younger Robertson and his wife seem to be the most driven in terms of success and fame. I could do without that.

Hats off to that crew that get up at O'dark thirty every day of duck season. I would be in a coma and I dearly love to duck hunt.

Got no problem with them making a little jack - more power to 'em.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 67 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,538
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.