Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Let's hear it, guys! What's your opinions, experiences, etc.? Any prices on the black or camo models?<P>I'd like to purchase one of these shotguns, but don't have enough information about them to make a good decision.<P>Thank you, Bowhunter57

Guns cause crime, like silverware causes Rosie O'Donnell to be fat.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
they were going from a range of $389 to $419 for the cammo version,it just depends how many dealers were selling them.a friend of mine bought one and he used it couple weeks ago for a dove hunt, it was really impressive after shooting a whole case, no jams or problems.he paid $399 plus tax for it back in spring. i hope this information is helpful

we didn't get to the top of the food chain
to eat salad.
W
W
I have had mine for a couple of years, I really like it and have not had 1 problem with it!

<A HREF="http://www.thesouthernoutdoorsman.com" TARGET=_blank>www.thesouthernoutdoorsman.com</A>
R
R
I work in the hunting industry and no gun in recent memory has made the splash that the Nova did. It is without a doubt the most gun for your money. They have been out for a couple of years now and no one has had any problems with them at all that I have heard about. Anybody want to go to Mexico in December on a Duck, Goose, And Quail hunt?

Good hunting, Good Friends Good Times.
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I found one today for 439.00 Thinking about getting it. 12ga with 28 inch tube

Keep yer powder dry,and yer knife sharp.
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Thank you for the input, gentlemen!<p>I purchased a Benelli Nova w/ 26" barrel in full camo for $411 and I love it.<p>No feed problems, great patterns with lead, it points good, is lite weight, etc.<p>Has anyone found a choke tube that works well for large steel shot for geese?<p>Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Guns cause crime, like silverware causes Rosie O'Donnell to be fat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just picked one up this morning! It is a 28" black, damage was $329. I kinda wanted a 26", but didn't feel like springing the $400 for the 26" camo one.
<br>
<br>I was looking for a drag it through the mud, silt and saltwater waterfowling gun, and it seems like it'll fit the bill. I likely will only run 2 3/4" and 3" hulls through it, but it's nice to have the provision for 3 1/2" shells.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think you will enjoy it. I've got the 24 inch camo version and it has never hiccupped. I actually bought it, because it was on sale for $10 less than the 26/28 inchers(which would normally have been my first choice), so, with that as an incentive, I handled and shouldered them side by side and the 24 incher felt like it balanced a bit better for me, wound up with $314 plus tax in it(Beretta had a $35 rebate on) and have seen them in your price range since. For hunting, I kind of pick it up interchangeably with my 870, which says something, as I think the 870 is the toughest repeating shotgun ever made. As far as the camo vs black goes, the camo looks kind of neat to us, but if the birds are close enough to detect that black barrel as opposed to a camo one, they have already made a serious mistake. [Linked Image] However the camo coating probably helps with rust resistance on the barrel.
<br>
<br>As I have posted before, I need to cut it off just a fraction, but it is not so long as to really be a problem and have just not gotten around to it yet.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Damn I blew it. Local sporting goods store had them on sale a couple weeks ago for $299. After seeing the prices you guys paid, I think I really messed up. It was some special Benelli Days thing with that Benelli sponsered trick shooter Tom Knapp there. California with it's ridiculous 10 day waiting period screwed me out a buying a gun that I would have impulse bought in a second if I could have taken it home that day.
<br>
<br>Live and learn.
<br>
<br>NoCAL

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,347 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.