Campfire Ranger

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have 3 dogs wearing them right now and they have for years. I've heard of this supposed issue but our vet recommended them and we've had no issues with them.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Straight to the source of infestation.

I like it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
We have used them on our dogs for 5 or 6 years. Never had an issue with them, but I’m wondering now.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No doubt. Just like the Chinese chicken flippers, some dogs are susceptible, some not. Might help someone dealing with something they can’t figure out.

Our goldfish refuses to wear any sort of adornment, so we’re good here.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I suspect different dogs react differently to different stuff.

I have an Australian Sheppard that had his eyes get really cloudy/loss of vision over chicken based food... who would have known?

Thanks for sharing.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This information has been out there for a while. There are a lot of fake “Seresto” collars being sold on the internet due to the cost of the legitimate collar and I suspect many of the issues are because of that. A Google search will help find ways to tell the difference between fake and real. I’ve used one on my dogs for many years without problems, but I always buy them from a vet or reputable pet drug supply store that purchases them directly from the manufacturer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The dermal drops, collars and dips are all pesticides.
Just like people, dogs detox mechanisms are usually adequate in their prime years. That decreases with age. A geriatric dog can't be expected to handle the constant doses of pesticides in it's blood stream and every organ 24/7.

Example, someone brought their dog to me because it's hind legs were paralyzed. They were using some brand of drops. They followed my advice and the dog started to recover. Then they decided to use a flea collar later. It had paralysis again and eventually died.

There are safer ways to reduce fleas and ticks.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/18/22.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Just like people, dogs detox mechanisms are usually adequate in their prime years. That decreases with age. A geriatric dog can't be expected to handle the constant doses of pesticides in it's blood stream and every organ 24/7.

Example, someone brought their dog to me because it's hind legs were paralyzed. They were using some brand of drops. They followed my advice and the dog started to recover. Then they decided to use a flea collar later. It had paralysis again and eventually died.

Best way to reduce fleas and ticks, plus dogshit on lawn is to own cats!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Is there anything that you cannot do?

Oh, that's right.you are unable to tell the truth.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Tesoro

Yea,then you have cat crap in all the flower beds, neighbors kids sand box, and cat spray on the doors

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Seresto collars never worked for my Setter. I give her HeartGard and NexGard.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's one way for sure. Except my next door neighbors cat likes to fertilize my lawn too. Between that and the dogs, I get the benefits of a lawn care company. I just wish they could be trained to mow like sheep and goats.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tater74

Is there anything that you cannot do?

Oh, that's right.you are unable to tell the truth.
Spud.
Who are you? And why is it again that I should care what you think?
Oh, it must be that you are too important to help others with their pets.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Laughing ^^^ 😂🤣😂🤣😂
Happy Cockroach asking someone who they are!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Why take a chance? There are other means. Most Vets know little about biochemistry.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Definite cause and effect. Did you publish your findings?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just to be sure get the right kind of cat. grin

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

I would take shît in my yard over a box of shît and piss in my house any day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My eldest had us buy flea collars for two small dogs.
Since we were at the vet and they sold them and suggested those Seresto collars.
We got home and I forgot about the collars. Just before bedtime (10pm) I put their collars on them and stuck them in their kennel for the night.
About midnight, I hear one of the dogs gagging.
By the time I got to the kennel, he puked up a pile of foamy crap in a puddle of diarrhea in the kennel floor.
FINALLY got that cleaned up and the other pooch began circling and pooped his own puddle! Yikes!
Finally got both outdoors and they pooped and puked several times.
Couldn't think it was anything but the collars, sovwe snatched them off.
The pooping and puking stopped almost immediately.
FINALLY got the kennel cleaned up ... AGAIN ... and returned the two to it.
Other than scared witless both may be dead by morning, the remainder of the night they rested peacefully with no more puking or pooping!
Went back to the vet the next day and requested a refund on (IIRC) $75 worth of useless, poisonous dog collars and bought them some Trifexus tabs. Worked great and no residual effects.

I won't use Seresto ever again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.