Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
my sample of 1.

the slidell la location.

they matched academy 20% off rods, reels, combos.

the new dobyns maverick for $80.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The one here in Loveland, CO is a joke, anymore.

Minimal weapon inventory, and even less reloading components. Mostly just over priced Under Armour t-shirts and fly-fishing logo clothes.

Our local company Jax, and the bigger Scheels (and a few other smaller retailers) blow them away.

It is a shame, it used to be a good shop. I bought many, many pounds of powder and many weapons from them before they went to chit.

While ours does price match, they rarely have the item in stock, or, it is a different enough item that they won't match. I used to hit them up weekly, not I may make it there once a quarter.

Last edited by duck911; 06/18/22.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
When did sportsmans warehouse start selling weapons?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sportsman's warehouse went down the tubes when bASS pro took them over. Cabelas sucks too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Sportsman's warehouse went down the tubes when bASS pro took them over. Cabelas sucks too.

That deal didn't go through.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/n...se-cancel-785-million-merger/6405548001/

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Our local has always been pretty good, but got noticeably better after the deal got cancelled.

They have plenty of guns for sale, and are even dealing in used ones, which they didn't do before.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One just opened near me. I got a flyer from them and they were advertising Fausti SXS's. It was buried in a multi-page ad but there it was. I needed to visit the Auto parts store next to it so I thought what the heck I'll go check one out. I never handled a Fausti so I thought I'd go take a look.

I get to the gun counter and all I see is a wall of black and camo plastic. I ask the guy where the SXS's are that were in the advertisement. He tells me "Oh we don't have any of them here, you have to order them and we'll get it about two weeks" He did add that you don't have to buy it if you don't like it.
They just don't stock them.

I just walked away wondering if that was any way to do business.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

Not remotely accurate.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I have no complaints about SW. I like them way better than Cowbellers and Bass Pro. My wife loves BPS because she always finds clothes and stuff other than hunting and fishing stuff to buy there. That should be telling…

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I shop for only fishing stuff at SW, but they have the largest selection of any other store within 50 miles of me - including a Cabela's. Prices seem competitive, and supply has been much better than two years ago during the Great Covidiocy and port backups.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
We have one within a half hours drive, always worth the trip.

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SW is fine and much better than many of the alternatives. Glad to have them in these parts.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Every time I have to travel to Roanoke Virginia I stop in SW.

Every time I travel to Charleston WV I avoid Cabelas and part of my family lives 2 miles away.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The big box stores, with the help of the consumer (that would be us), are killing the small sporting goods store as they have eliminated the wholesale level. In the short term, there were pricing advantages but once the need for competition was gone, that ended. Small makers of high quality goods either closed down or moved production to China.
I find it fascinating, at stores like Bass Pro, they make attempts to recreate old time stores; trying to imitate the business models they worked to eliminate. GD

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
That’s where I buy most of my stuff.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Our local has always been pretty good, but got noticeably better after the deal got cancelled.

They have plenty of guns for sale, and are even dealing in used ones, which they didn't do before.
ditto, except mine (yes, mine) doesn't deal in used firearms.
In the last month the ammo aisle has loaded up with all the common calibers.

The local Cabelas still has some interesting firearms, but the ammo aisles have become a wasteland.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Puddle

ditto, except mine (yes, mine) doesn't deal in used firearms.
In the last month the ammo aisle has loaded up with all the common calibers.

The local Cabelas still has some interesting firearms, but the ammo aisles have become a wasteland.

Same here. Since the deal was quashed the inventory has improved quite a bit. Don’t recall seeing any used guns though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are my go-to brick and mortar store for anything firearm or reloading related.

Right now, yeah, inventory is way down but it's down everywhere. In normal times they have decent prices and a great selection, or you can order something with free shipping and in-store pickup.

They also offer a 5% military discount which pretty much covers the sales tax in Idaho. With gunbroker charging sales tax + the high cost of shipping + FFL fee, I can as often as not get a firearm several sawbucks cheaper at SW than off of gunbroker or Guns International even if the base prices there start out cheaper.

Personnel at SW are generally knowledgeable about the products and less inclined to treat me like an idiot. That obviously varies between individuals but the average is way ahead of Cabelas aka Bass Pro.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The only thing missing from our Local Sportmans is the reloading supplies just like every one else. My only complaint is on some prices. They think everything AR15 is made of gold and charge accordingly. Some of that stuff is going to be hanging on the shelf long after I'm gone.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The local Sportsman Warehouse in Chattanooga, TN is well stocked and the employees are friendly and knowledgeable.

μολὼν λαβέ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.