Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 36 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 35 36
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

Illegitimi non carborundum

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s pretty fun just sitting back and watching the 2 cucks from down under continue to prove what ignorant ass wipes they truly are. I’ve known it, as have several others for awhile now but deliberately and consistently the Australian Atheist Cuckhold Couple (AACC) demonstrate how desperately they need attention by repeating ad nauseum the same tired behaviors and boring disingenuous “debate” styles while calling EVERYONE else liars….yawn. 🫢

The 2 little piss ants are if nothing else, consistent…..consistently ignorant, belligerent and painfully entrenched in their “enlightenment”. 😂😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Raspy

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Deliberate obfuscation has clearly become a staple of atheist apologetics.

Nothing of the sort. Terms and conditions have been given and supported by quotes and references. Not faith. Basic logic.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raspy[/quote
If you are referring to my discussion with mauser9mm, so who was discussing "Truth vs Belief"? Not us, and not any threads that I know of....and God did not enter on my part of the discussion....my conjecture was/is "evidence and proof are not the same" period.

Although what you state above is agreeable with me, it has nothing to do with mauser and my discussions....thanks for your input.

Faith in the existence of a God or gods is a belief. Having faith in the truth of something is a class of belief.

Belief may be based on faith or evidence. A justified belief - as opposed to faith - is justified through evidence, not faith.

The article gives a basic outline on justification.

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s pretty fun just sitting back and watching the 2 cucks from down under continue to prove what ignorant ass wipes they truly are. I’ve known it, as have several others for awhile now but deliberately and consistently the Australian Atheist Cuckhold Couple (AACC) demonstrate how desperately they need attention by repeating ad nauseum the same tired behaviors and boring disingenuous “debate” styles while calling EVERYONE else liars….yawn. 🫢

The 2 little piss ants are if nothing else, consistent…..consistently ignorant, belligerent and painfully entrenched in their “enlightenment”. 😂😂

Tough guy Ace, instead of offering rational arguments or evidence to support his beliefs, resorts to insults.

Plus, I have not called anyone a liar. Being mistaken is not a lie. Believers genuinely believe in God, but belief alone does not establish the truth of what is being believed.

You yourself reject the beliefs of theists who have different versions of God, Muslims, Hindus, etc...as other theists may reject your theology.

I guess insults are easier. Just the character and way of some Christians, I guess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Tough guy Ace, instead of offering rational arguments or evidence to support his beliefs, resorts to insults.

Plus, I have not called anyone a liar. Being mistaken is not a lie. Believers genuinely believe in God, but belief alone does not establish the truth of what is being believed.

You yourself reject the beliefs of theists who have different versions of God, Muslims, Hindus, etc...as other theists may reject your theology.

I guess insults are easier. Just the character and way of some Christians, I guess.

The character and way of all Humans. Some just try to hide their slights. Some are honest about it.

Last edited by Tarbe; 06/19/22.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
TITUS 3:9ff

But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. 10 Reject a factious man after a first and second warning, 11 knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Damn Aces....you are 100% correct....the 2 piss-ants are just like the energizer bunnies, they keep going and going and lying and lying....

BTW, CCCC, if you are reading this, you are absolutely correct...and I apologize as I definitely would not trust mauser in a foxhole with me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Originally Posted by DBT

The character and way of all Humans. Some just try to hide their slights. Some are honest about it.

yes

IC B3

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
JohnW

My original post explains very specifically what I’m asking. It’s a serious question.

Last edited by IZH27; 06/19/22.
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I

There seems to be a few consistencies with atheists. They know more about theology and church than most Christian’s They tend to base arguments about the metaphysical from a purely materialistic view of evolution. This is intellectually weak and dishonest. They make demands that God be understood by their criteria alone. They know too much about the Christian faith to have not been in it or seriously challenged by it.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Originally Posted by IZH27
But you see, Your response is all feeling. There is nothing objective there. How have you worked to make yourself more like Christ.

If sanctification is fully up to me or is some synergistic work that I do in conjunction with the work of the Holy Spirit there must be something objective to show for it.

You missed it?

Tarbe

I’m not sure what your question is asking.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by johnw
To keep focus, the question is not meant to open up a conversation about good works theology. The question is rather specific. There are more than a few guys on this forum who recently and historically have emphasized good works as a necessity for salvation.

A primary underlying principle of this teaching is that one either works with God or alone to “be holy”.

For those who hold to this view how do you measure your good works, your successfulness in completing good works and how do you assess God’s measurement of your good works?

What is your aim with this thread? Is it your desire to trap someone in scriptural debate and prove them wrong?
I think you hit the nail on the head Johnw.

See the last three verses.

https://thekingjamesversionbible.com/luke-11

A few weeks ago you spoke of doing good works. What are those things that you do which you consider to be good? Are they good enough that you feel confident standing before God and calling them good?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even the real heavyweights among the New Atheists like Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins do nothing…zero…to diminish the original version of Christianity in any way whatsoever. And their minions most assuredly don’t.

Biblical scholar and historian Bart Ehrman…who also embraces agnosticism and atheism…even he clearly states in his book ‘The Triumph of Christianity’ that however one evaluates the merits of the case (of Christianity), no one can deny that it was the most monumental cultural transformation our world has ever seen.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even the new time division uses Jesus. They foolishly use "before common era" and "common era". confused

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Even the real heavyweights among the New Atheists like Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins do nothing…zero…to diminish the original version of Christianity in any way whatsoever. And their minions most assuredly don’t.

Biblical scholar and historian Bart Ehrman…who also embraces agnosticism and atheism…even he clearly states in his book ‘The Triumph of Christianity’ that however one evaluates the merits of the case (of Christianity), no one can deny that it was the most monumental cultural transformation our world has ever seen.

Thanks, I have to get the book.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

There seems to be a few consistencies with atheists. They know more about theology and church than most Christian’s They tend to base arguments about the metaphysical from a purely materialistic view of evolution. This is intellectually weak and dishonest. They make demands that God be understood by their criteria alone. They know too much about the Christian faith to have not been in it or seriously challenged by it.

I hate to say it, but as previously noted, the 2 cucks may really be minions of evil.....look at our nation as a whole....no prayers in school, no pledge of allegiance, none of that...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

If you are referring to my discussion with mauser9mm, so who was discussing "Truth vs Belief"? Not us, and not any threads that I know of....and God did not enter on my part of the discussion....my conjecture was/is "evidence and proof are not the same" period.

Although what you state above is agreeable with me, it has nothing to do with mauser and my discussions....thanks for your input.[/quote
Faith in the existence of a God or gods is a belief. Having faith in the truth of something is a class of belief.

Belief may be based on faith or evidence. A justified belief - as opposed to faith - is justified through evidence, not faith.

The article gives a basic outline on justification.

I would like to add, the word faith often has a deeper meaning. Belief often refers to an intellectual acceptance of facts. If you ask the average person on the street if he believes in Alexander the Great or Abraham Lincoln, he would probably interpret the question to mean, “Do you believe that such a person existed?” Most, no doubt, would answer in the affirmative. However, faith, in modern usage, has the added idea of trust and commitment.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Deliberate obfuscation has clearly become a staple of atheist apologetics.

Nothing of the sort. Terms and conditions have been given and supported by quotes and references. Not faith. Basic logic.

I believe antlers means that obfuscation is the obscuring of the intended meaning of communication by making the message difficult to understand, usually with confusing and ambiguous language.

Page 18 of 36 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 19 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,649
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.