Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Trystan
A video of someone who can't shoot for Jack [bleep]! The man needs to shoot more period end of story! A great way to practice is with cans. You shoot the can and make it fly than touch it off the second it hits the ground again. Get good at it and you'll put a bullet thru the brain pan of a charging bear so fast it'll make its head spin clean off.

Trystan

Post up a video of you doing this Trystan.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Ten years ago the jackrabbit population in southwest North Dakota exploded in numbers. We would do walkabouts carrying ammo and water. Tons of 45 colt were expended. It sure taught us to hit and miss with our 45s. We just shot our normal load which is a 310gr
Keith at 1200 fps. Really a lot of fun and ever since I’ve wanted a belt fed single action.
We only took shots at running jacks by the way as a sitting jack was just killing and pretty easy unless they were a ways out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He needed to do comparable holsters and barrel lengths to have a reasonable comparison. The kydex holster with the Glock is an advantage

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Can we please put our thinking caps on?
lol

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yes. You cock as you draw, so that factor shouldn't slow you down in getting that first sight picture. The trigger pull is certainly not the issue, as it's light and crisp. It's having to then cock again for subsequent shots that slows you down vs a semi-auto. For the first shot, though, you should be on par, if you know how to draw, cock, and shoot a single action revolver.

I'd love to see you demonstrate that.

Specifics on distance, target size, holster, chambering, and load data would be UBER.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I am waiting on Trystan to show us his incredible speed shooting demo, and show us how he is so good he can "put a bullet thru the brain pan of a charging bear so fast it'll make its head spin clean off. "

A video of someone who can't shoot for Jack [bleep]! The man needs to shoot more period end of story! A great way to practice is with cans. You shoot the can and make it fly than touch it off the second it hits the ground again. Get good at it and you'll put a bullet thru the brain pan of a charging bear so fast it'll make its head spin clean off.

Trystan

Hawkeye's single action demo should be fun to watch too.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yes. You cock as you draw, so that factor shouldn't slow you down in getting that first sight picture. The trigger pull is certainly not the issue, as it's light and crisp. It's having to then cock again for subsequent shots that slows you down vs a semi-auto. For the first shot, though, you should be on par, if you know how to draw, cock, and shoot a single action revolver.

Specifics on distance, target size, holster, chambering, and load data would be UBER.
I wouldn't think you'd need someone to prove to you that you could cock a single action revolver on the draw (at some point before it's brought up to eye level), and that it has a nice crisp trigger. What part of what I said seems controversial to you?

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Trystan

Post up a video that demonstrates your prowess, hero.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I wouldn't think you'd need someone to prove to you that you could cock a single action revolver on the draw (at some point before it's brought up to eye level), and that it has a nice crisp trigger. What part of what I said seems controversial to you?

Your ability to do it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Your ability to do it.
Well, by golly. Who can't do that? Have you guys ever fired a single action revolver? It's no trick at all to cock it during the draw stroke. It's the most natural thing in the world. This is a most peculiar series of posts.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TRH, you are being purposefully obtuse. You know exactly the point they are making.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Although Glocks were not on the scene at the time, Elmer said nothing is faster "for the first shot than a single action". I am not a fast draw guy at all, but the little bit I have done, the old single action, seemed easier to get my hand comfortably in position than either the double action or auto. BUT I have been shooting single actions for 60 years, not so with autos. Just a thought.

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC
TRH, you are being purposefully obtuse. You know exactly the point they are making.
No, but if you do, please clarify.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Elmer was a good guy but he was just flat wrong about some things.

TRH is a good guy and it's unlikely he's being obtuse. And if (per the treehouse club rules here) you have to have a youtube account to disagree with youtube content, you'd probably have to have a youtube, instagram, tik-tok and fans-only accounts to be downright obtuse. And I sorta doubt TRH has the tik-tok account wink

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Your ability to do it.
Well, by golly. Who can't do that? Have you guys ever fired a single action revolver? It's no trick at all to cock it during the draw stroke. It's the most natural thing in the world. This is a most peculiar series of posts.

Sure thing, Wyatt.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Feel free to call me Wyatt, Deflave. grin I'll take it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
1. I'll follow JWP's advice on the topic of handguns every time
2. If TRH says he can do it, I believe him. He may be a lot of things, but his integrity here is pretty solid.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Even Jerry Miculek isn’t this fast and this is a single action revolver…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
By the way, I doubt that Wyatt Earp's skills with a single action revolver were anything outstanding. He was likely a competent shot with them, but what set him apart was mainly his steely nerves in a gun fight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Even Jerry Miculek isn’t this fast and this is a single action revolver…

Cisko, Miculek, Bob Munden when he was alive - they'd fill that bear full of lead before I even reached for and fumbled around with my hammer strap. blush laugh

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,979 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.