Hop To
Page 19 of 36 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 35 36
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Atheists also seem to be some of the smartest people in the room. Unlike the great majority of humanity they are of a superior intellect having figured out that there is no God.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

I hope that you weren't lying about me lying. Now that the theist ire has calmed down are you willing to provide the evidence of your accusation?

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by IZH27
Atheists also seem to be some of the smartest people in the room. Unlike the great majority of humanity they are of a superior intellect having figured out that there is no God.

You don't have to be smart but just honest. Gods do exist because man created them.

Pot calling the kettle black - you guys flippantly dismiss all other gods other than yours because of your arrogant intellect.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's the lack of evidence, that's all. The same reason why there are many things that you yourself don"t believe in. You are a non believer when it comes to other versions of God, Allah, Brahman, etc. Why is that?

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Because of evidence. Definitely not because of blind faith.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You are claiming evidence because of your biased faith. Other religions also claim evidence.

None can prove their faith as true. Sounds somewhat blind to me.

Also note that the observations being claimed as potential evidence either don't support the faith claim or are just plain wrong eg Nazareth exists therefore Jesus and all he did is true; Turin shroud was used to wrap Jesus' body. So the observations can be dismissed as potential evidence right off the bat. Devils in the detail.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s pretty fun just sitting back and watching the 2 cucks from down under continue to prove what ignorant ass wipes they truly are. I’ve known it, as have several others for awhile now but deliberately and consistently the Australian Atheist Cuckhold Couple (AACC) demonstrate how desperately they need attention by repeating ad nauseum the same tired behaviors and boring disingenuous “debate” styles while calling EVERYONE else liars….yawn. 🫢

The 2 little piss ants are if nothing else, consistent…..consistently ignorant, belligerent and painfully entrenched in their “enlightenment”. 😂😂

Damn Aces....you are 100% correct....the 2 piss-ants are just like the energizer bunnies, they keep going and going and lying and lying....

BTW, CCCC, if you are reading this, you are absolutely correct...and I apologize as I definitely would not trust mauser in a foxhole with me.
I had quit this thread due to the very factors cited above by Aces and by Raspy. Something told me to take a look today. Nothing has changed with regard to their behavior except that it is now more focused.

In one way, this example is very saddening. These guys seem to have nothing going for them except doubts, dissatisfaction and lack of helpful evidence. Where would be the abiding love, the grace, the peace, the celebration, the thought of eternity how?

At times it seems as though they are like the jealous third graders who lash out with negativity when a classmate shows up with something unique, really cool and rewarding - something they can not seem to get. Would that I could be better or more helpful in such circumstances. Simply an imperfect human.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What evidence? Faith, by definition, is blind.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
It’s pretty fun just sitting back and watching the 2 cucks from down under continue to prove what ignorant ass wipes they truly are. I’ve known it, as have several others for awhile now but deliberately and consistently the Australian Atheist Cuckhold Couple (AACC) demonstrate how desperately they need attention by repeating ad nauseum the same tired behaviors and boring disingenuous “debate” styles while calling EVERYONE else liars….yawn. 🫢

The 2 little piss ants are if nothing else, consistent…..consistently ignorant, belligerent and painfully entrenched in their “enlightenment”. 😂😂

Damn Aces....you are 100% correct....the 2 piss-ants are just like the energizer bunnies, they keep going and going and lying and lying....

BTW, CCCC, if you are reading this, you are absolutely correct...and I apologize as I definitely would not trust mauser in a foxhole with me.
I had quit this thread due to the very factors cited above by Aces and by Raspy. Something told me to take a look today. Nothing has changed with regard to their behavior except that it is now more focused.

In one way, this example is very saddening. These guys seem to have nothing going for them except doubts, dissatisfaction and lack of helpful evidence. Where would be the abiding love, the grace, the peace, the celebration, the thought of eternity how?

At times it seems as though they are like the jealous third graders who lash out with negativity when a classmate shows up with something unique, really cool and rewarding - something they can not seem to get. Would that I could be better or more helpful in such circumstances. Simply an imperfect human.

Nothing you say is true. I'm not saying that you are lying, just that the blinkers of faith skew your perception in favour of your faith. Faith over logic, evidence and reason.

The angriest and most abusive people on these threads are typically the Christians.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
You sure did make the statement that “all religions claim…the same proof.”

Can’t back it up ….?

Also…..is it correct that You can be referred to as a “non-believer in Christ?”

Probably. They all say that they are the only true religion and you have to feel it with your heart yada yada yada.... They all share the same amount of proof ie none.

Can’t back it up ….?

Refer above.

I'm not sure what people refer to me as - it may actually be much worse that what you wrote. I have no reason to believe a lot of things presented to me - no need for you to feel specially persecuted. I think I should make a t-shirt that says "NON-BELIEVER OF UN-VALIDATED CLAIMS, ESPECIALLY THE FANTASTIC ONES." That shouldn't offend anyone. I can sit across the bus from the Christian couple and smile and nod at them while wearing this t-shirt.

Ok, so can’t back up your assertion. Stuff just tumbles out and when you are challenged, you start crawfishing.

Also, I note your weak response as to whether or not you can be referred to as “non-believer in Christ.” Your response is typical….I have observed a number of times before. Most professed atheists and prideful agnostics will not … or perhaps dare not…. identify as “non-believers in Christ”…..they will not say that Jesus is not real and that they do indeed “deny Him.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Those with bold claims but nothing to substantiate them are the ones who get angry - if it gets too hard just go into the name calling mode, or claim persecution or something. Some of you guys claim faith yet don't even know what that means and keep wanting to present faux-evidence. Don't you have enough faith? God can probably detect that.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT][quote=TF49]DBT posted.....

"What a load of Crock. I don't write the definitions given in dictionaries.

As it happens, there is a condition where people hold convictions without the support of evidence....which is why we say they have faith that their conviction is true.

Now, as we are talking about religion, which is a belief in any of a number of versions of God or gods, without the support of evidence, what do our dictionaries tell us?

faith
2: belief that is not based on proof: (He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.)
3: belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

Definition of faith
b- 1: firm belief in something for which there is no proof.

As anyone can see, these are not my definitions. It is not something I insist on, or how I ''understand it.''

This is just the definition of faith in relation to any belief that is held without the support of evidence.

As we have no evidence for the existence of any of the many versions of God or gods, to believe in these things is a matter of faith: as defined above.

You don't have a leg to stand on."

Nope and as usual you are either just plain wrong or in some clumsy attempt to “redefine” biblical. "What a load of Crock is right. You retreat into your own mind and dredge up nonsense based on your own opinion and NOT based on Jesus or Chrisian doctrine.

Like MM, you are simply making things up in an apparent attempt to convince ... yourself.....IDK...

So…..in this case you build a strawman to knock down.

Faith…..

1. - Where does “faith in God” come from?

Romans 1:16-17 ….”Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.”

2. – How does one receive “faith.” Faith is a gift but you must stretch out your hand and receive it. A “gift” is not a gift unless the recipient takes it. Believe the testimony of the Spirit about your own sin and the truth about Jesus and “choose” or “believe” …. Or “accept”…… use your own descriptor words here …. and faith is imparted to you. When it is imparted, there is no more doubt.

Ephesians 2:8-9……”For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast.”

3. – Once you have faith, it is very very real.

Hebrews 11:1…..”Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen…”

Get that? “… the EVIDENCE of things not see.”

Simple terms…. “proof”

One can view this faith as “assurance”… or as confidence or simple “reality” …. Or as a “firm foundation”…. Or….. “the real being of..”…. or “ the actual existence of” ….or a “resolute trust” …. Or as “the substantial nature of….”

There are two points here... the first is that yes, there is real, reliable evidence..... the second is..... you... as yet, do not have it.

Hebrews 11:1 does not refer to external, objective evidence as a foundation for belief, it tells us that faith is its own justification.

''Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'' - Hebrews 11:1 equates to ''belief that is not based on proof''

You say that there is evidence, but what you mean is subjective experience, which is an expression of faith.

Well, you are still wrong. You keep going back to a dictionary definition of faith and yet the general discussion regards “faith” as set forth in the Bible. You are apparently unprepared to discuss biblical faith. No surprise there.

Well, I'm not wrong because you happen to declare ''you are still wrong.''

In fact it has nothing to do with me. As pointed out, it's just basic logic, evidence and justification.

Hebrews clearly states that faith is its own justification when we are told ''faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen''

Here we have faith as ''the substance of things hoped for'' and it is faith that is ''the evidence of things unseen.''

If you are unable to grasp this much, nothing can be done to help you understand that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence, that with sufficient evidence, you don't need faith.

Not to mention using the source material, holy books, etc, as 'evidence' for their claims.

Well, indeed, you are still wrong. I have previously told you of the indwelling of God and you continue to either discount that or ignore it.

You have not the indwelling and are unable to grasp the truth.

Again, your choice

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Can’t back it up ….?

Probably. They all say that they are the only true religion and you have to feel it with your heart yada yada yada.... They all share the same amount of proof ie none.

Can’t back it up ….?

Refer above.

I'm not sure what people refer to me as - it may actually be much worse that what you wrote. I have no reason to believe a lot of things presented to me - no need for you to feel specially persecuted. I think I should make a t-shirt that says "NON-BELIEVER OF UN-VALIDATED CLAIMS, ESPECIALLY THE FANTASTIC ONES." That shouldn't offend anyone. I can sit across the bus from the Christian couple and smile and nod at them while wearing this t-shirt.

Ok, so can’t back up your assertion. Stuff just tumbles out and when you are challenged, you start crawfishing.

Also, I note your weak response as to whether or not you can be referred to as “non-believer in Christ.” Your response is typical….I have observed a number of times before. Most professed atheists and prideful agnostics will not … or perhaps dare not…. identify as “non-believers in Christ”…..they will not say that Jesus is not real and that they do indeed “deny Him.”

Jesus may have been a real person, but all that far-fetched extraordinary stuff associated with him needs to be proven before it can believed, unless one is happy to forgo proof for faith.

How on earth did you manage to deny the claims of all the other religions?

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT][quote=TF49]DBT posted.....

"What a load of Crock. I don't write the definitions given in dictionaries.

As it happens, there is a condition where people hold convictions without the support of evidence....which is why we say they have faith that their conviction is true.

Now, as we are talking about religion, which is a belief in any of a number of versions of God or gods, without the support of evidence, what do our dictionaries tell us?

faith
2: belief that is not based on proof: (He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.)
3: belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

Definition of faith
b- 1: firm belief in something for which there is no proof.

As anyone can see, these are not my definitions. It is not something I insist on, or how I ''understand it.''

This is just the definition of faith in relation to any belief that is held without the support of evidence.

As we have no evidence for the existence of any of the many versions of God or gods, to believe in these things is a matter of faith: as defined above.

You don't have a leg to stand on."

Nope and as usual you are either just plain wrong or in some clumsy attempt to “redefine” biblical. "What a load of Crock is right. You retreat into your own mind and dredge up nonsense based on your own opinion and NOT based on Jesus or Chrisian doctrine.

Like MM, you are simply making things up in an apparent attempt to convince ... yourself.....IDK...

So…..in this case you build a strawman to knock down.

Faith…..

1. - Where does “faith in God” come from?

Romans 1:16-17 ….”Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.”

2. – How does one receive “faith.” Faith is a gift but you must stretch out your hand and receive it. A “gift” is not a gift unless the recipient takes it. Believe the testimony of the Spirit about your own sin and the truth about Jesus and “choose” or “believe” …. Or “accept”…… use your own descriptor words here …. and faith is imparted to you. When it is imparted, there is no more doubt.

Ephesians 2:8-9……”For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast.”

3. – Once you have faith, it is very very real.

Hebrews 11:1…..”Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen…”

Get that? “… the EVIDENCE of things not see.”

Simple terms…. “proof”

One can view this faith as “assurance”… or as confidence or simple “reality” …. Or as a “firm foundation”…. Or….. “the real being of..”…. or “ the actual existence of” ….or a “resolute trust” …. Or as “the substantial nature of….”

There are two points here... the first is that yes, there is real, reliable evidence..... the second is..... you... as yet, do not have it.

Hebrews 11:1 does not refer to external, objective evidence as a foundation for belief, it tells us that faith is its own justification.

''Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'' - Hebrews 11:1 equates to ''belief that is not based on proof''

You say that there is evidence, but what you mean is subjective experience, which is an expression of faith.

Well, you are still wrong. You keep going back to a dictionary definition of faith and yet the general discussion regards “faith” as set forth in the Bible. You are apparently unprepared to discuss biblical faith. No surprise there.

Well, I'm not wrong because you happen to declare ''you are still wrong.''

In fact it has nothing to do with me. As pointed out, it's just basic logic, evidence and justification.

Hebrews clearly states that faith is its own justification when we are told ''faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen''

Here we have faith as ''the substance of things hoped for'' and it is faith that is ''the evidence of things unseen.''

If you are unable to grasp this much, nothing can be done to help you understand that faith is a belief held without the support of evidence, that with sufficient evidence, you don't need faith.

Not to mention using the source material, holy books, etc, as 'evidence' for their claims.

Well, indeed, you are still wrong. I have previously told you of the indwelling of God and you continue to either discount that or ignore it.

You have not the indwelling and are unable to grasp the truth.

Again, your choice

Declaring "Well, indeed, you are still wrong" is not evidence of me being wrong. The definition of faith in Hebrews, as explained, clearly states that faith is its own justification, which is in line with how faith is defined in relation to a belief held without the support of evidence: faith.

Just because that make you unhappy doesn't make it untrue.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

Nothing you say is true. I'm not saying that you are lying, just that the blinkers of faith skew your perception in favour of your faith. Faith over logic, evidence and reason.

The angriest and most abusive people on these threads are typically the Christians.

Christians are the most abusive people on these threads...well, maybe, but if we are, that is because Christians are the most persecuted religion in the world. Yes, I do think blinders in faith do skew Christian's perception in favor of faith. Part of the reason that we strive to separate faith and logic, is that logic demands proof and evidence, while faith, sees something as a reality which is yet unseen. As Paul explained, “For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18). I’m not suggesting that all logic be put aside, but I am saying very clearly that faith transcends logic, and apart from faith, relationships break down quickly. This means there is a logic to faith, a very important one. Yes, through faith, we understand.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antony Flew was likely the most prominent atheist philosopher of the 20th century, and he defined atheism as "rejection of belief in God" - not merely the absence of belief in God.

No atheist here has ever, ever provided ‘any’ evidence to back up their claim that God does not exist. Atheists are most definitely making a claim just as theists are. So rather than shrugging off any burden of proof…as we’ve seen the atheists here do over and over and over…the atheists should understand that their claim ‘also’ needs justification, not just the theists.

The position of the atheists here that the burden of proof rests on just the theists…and not them…is pretty lame, as well as disingenuous, dishonest, weak, and hypocritical.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

What evidence? Faith, by definition, is blind.

It is my belief that the Bible defines faith in a totally different way from the common understanding of today. Faith is not wishful thinking, a blind hope, or a surrender of reason. Biblical faith is a decision to believe something about God or Jesus based on evidence, the kind of evidence that would stand up in a court of law.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Antony Flew was likely the most prominent atheist philosopher of the 20th century, and he defined atheism as "rejection of belief in God" - not merely the absence of belief in God.

No atheist here has ever, ever provided ‘any’ evidence to back up their claim that God does not exist. Atheists are most definitely making a claim just as theists are. So rather than shrugging off any burden of proof…as we’ve seen the atheists here do over and over and over…the atheist should understand that their claim ‘also’ needs justification, not just the theist's.

The position of the atheists here that the burden of proof rests on just the theist…and not them…is pretty lame, as well as disingenuous, dishonest, weak, and hypocritical.

So true, so true.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

DBT (and with this I do quit this thread), you just provided - in your own words - the most damning rendition of your fake position. For the guy who claims to place so much stock in evidence and proof (obviously a charade), you start out with a sweeping and total declaration of untruth - in a situation where you know nothing about the basis for what was said. You cannot possibly have evidence or proof of untruth regarding what is in that post. Your own words illuminate your duplicity and dishonesty. Do you recall when you were asked if you were an agent of Satan?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Also, I note your weak response as to whether or not you can be referred to as “non-believer in Christ.” Your response is typical….I have observed a number of times before. Most professed atheists and prideful agnostics will not … or perhaps dare not…. identify as “non-believers in Christ”…..

Since it’s unlikely that you’ll receive an honest answer to your question without mausergirl throwing up a bunch of word diarrhea in her attempt to show how big her vocabulary is I’ll answer your question for her….according to mauser she’s not simply an atheist…..she’s a self-avowed anti-theist which is completely different than atheism. Atheists don’t believe in God but anti-theists actively work against God. Atheism is “philosophical” in nature while anti-theism is the thuggish action arm of the radical atheists. For example think of it this way… Democrats = atheists while antifa = anti-theists 😉

In either case irregardless of what they call themselves it’s their dishonesty that really stands out. Their stupidity and ignorance is easy to ignore or even pity but their insincere queries, bold blanket statements and intentional misdirections are frustrating for those that truly want rational or meaningful religious discussion. They (AACC) serve, either as an agent of satan or as a glaring example of selfish ignorance, to intentionally disrupt the religious discussions and prevent them (discussions) from “maturing” since the inevitability of being interrupted by a couple of piss ant cucks is ever present. By virtue of their actions in these discussions they’re able to take their atheism and turn it into action or anti-theism by interrupting the conversation and preventing the discussion from progressing much past the 3rd grade level.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 19 of 36 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,310
Posts18,468,202
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.