Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

I hope that you weren't lying about me lying. Now that the theist ire has calmed down are you willing to provide the evidence of your accusation?

Well Raspy The Bullshitter is unwilling to point out where I lied - that's because it didn't happen and he's too ashamed to admit it. Too busy feeling persecuted I suppose.

Well?
BP-B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s pretty fun just sitting back and watching the 2 cucks from down under continue to prove what ignorant ass wipes they truly are. I’ve known it, as have several others for awhile now but deliberately and consistently the Australian Atheist Cuckhold Couple (AACC) demonstrate how desperately they need attention by repeating ad nauseum the same tired behaviors and boring disingenuous “debate” styles while calling EVERYONE else liars….yawn. 🫢

The 2 little piss ants are if nothing else, consistent…..consistently ignorant, belligerent and painfully entrenched in their “enlightenment”. 😂😂

Damn Aces....you are 100% correct....the 2 piss-ants are just like the energizer bunnies, they keep going and going and lying and lying....

BTW, CCCC, if you are reading this, you are absolutely correct...and I apologize as I definitely would not trust mauser in a foxhole with me.
I had quit this thread due to the very factors cited above by Aces and by Raspy. Something told me to take a look today. Nothing has changed with regard to their behavior except that it is now more focused.

In one way, this example is very saddening. These guys seem to have nothing going for them except doubts, dissatisfaction and lack of helpful evidence. Where would be the abiding love, the grace, the peace, the celebration, the thought of eternity how?

At times it seems as though they are like the jealous third graders who lash out with negativity when a classmate shows up with something unique, really cool and rewarding - something they can not seem to get. Would that I could be better or more helpful in such circumstances. Simply an imperfect human.
Nothing you say is true. I'm not saying that you are lying, just that the blinkers of faith skew your perception in favour of your faith. Faith over logic, evidence and reason.
The angriest and most abusive people on these threads are typically the Christians.
DBT (and with this I do quit this thread), you just provided - in your own words - the most damning rendition of your fake position. For the guy who claims to place so much stock in evidence and proof (obviously a charade), you start out with a sweeping and total declaration of untruth - in a situation where you know nothing about the basis for what was said. You cannot possibly have evidence or proof of untruth regarding what is in that post. Your own words illuminate your duplicity and dishonesty. Do you recall when you were asked if you were an agent of Satan?

Wrong. Anyone who cares to look can see examples of Christians abusing those who dare question their faith.

You are doing it now with your passive aggressive question; ''you were asked if you were an agent of Satan.''

Questioning is not 'Satanic' - it should be standard practice. You do it yourself in relation to every other faith but your own, where you are not willing to apply the same critical eye as you do with other peoples faith.

Your accusations of dishonesty are false.

Nothing I have said has been dishonest. I have supported everything I said with quotes, references and logical explanations.

This is not Satanic, just due diligence. Just like you do with beliefs and claims that you not emotionally invested in.

Why then argue? Just practice your faith quietly. Nobody cares about private, personal beliefs.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by IZH27
Atheists also seem to be some of the smartest people in the room. Unlike the great majority of humanity they are of a superior intellect having figured out that there is no God.

You don't have to be smart but just honest. Gods do exist because man created them.

Pot calling the kettle black - you guys flippantly dismiss all other gods other than yours because of your arrogant intellect.

I dismiss all other gods because of evidence. That’s the same reason that the masses believe that there is a God. Evidence.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by DBT
Because of evidence. Definitely not because of blind faith.

What evidence? Faith, by definition, is blind.

There are at least three things.

The Old Testament is not written to give us a history of a group of people in the Middle East. It is written to describe the creation, the fall of man and to reveal Christ. Christ is progressively revealed through the law and prophets. The Jewish nation is simply the people group whose history was used to accomplish this.

The Christian religion differs from every other religion or philosophical metaphysical system that has ever existed. All other religions are based on the premise that mankind, through self awareness and personal effort, can ascend and find God. They are inside to outside in focus. Christianity is the opposite. Man is recognized as being incapable of the self awareness and self assertion necessary so God graciously does for mankind what mankind cannot do for themselves. This is accomplished through Christ.

The third fact is based upon the whole of scripture but is best expressed by Paul in Corinthians. 1 Corinthians 15:13-14 [13] But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. [14] And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain.

For me that is all of the evidence that I need. My faith is not blind because it is based on those facts.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by TF49
Also, I note your weak response as to whether or not you can be referred to as “non-believer in Christ.” Your response is typical….I have observed a number of times before. Most professed atheists and prideful agnostics will not … or perhaps dare not…. identify as “non-believers in Christ”…..

Since it’s unlikely that you’ll receive an honest answer to your question without mausergirl throwing up a bunch of word diarrhea in her attempt to show how big her vocabulary is I’ll answer your question for her….according to mauser she’s not simply an atheist…..she’s a self-avowed anti-theist which is completely different than atheism. Atheists don’t believe in God but anti-theists actively work against God. Atheism is “philosophical” in nature while anti-theism is the thuggish action arm of the radical atheists. For example think of it this way… Democrats = atheists while antifa = anti-theists 😉

In either case irregardless of what they call themselves it’s their dishonesty that really stands out. Their stupidity and ignorance is easy to ignore or even pity but their insincere queries, bold blanket statements and intentional misdirections are frustrating for those that truly want rational or meaningful religious discussion. They (AACC) serve, either as an agent of satan or as a glaring example of selfish ignorance, to intentionally disrupt the religious discussions and prevent them (discussions) from “maturing” since the inevitability of being interrupted by a couple of piss ant cucks is ever present. By virtue of their actions in these discussions they’re able to take their atheism and turn it into action or anti-theism by interrupting the conversation and preventing the discussion from progressing much past the 3rd grade level.

WOW! That is the best I've heard....

Illegitimi non carborundum

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AcesNeights is one of the really, exceptionally good dudes on this board. And he is typically absolutely dead-on regarding his pointed assessment of, and his commentary contributing to, whatever the topic of discussion is.

And, as usual, he is deadly accurate on this thread as well. Just as he has been on other threads regarding this same subject matter.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Atheists also seem to be some of the smartest people in the room. Unlike the great majority of humanity they are of a superior intellect having figured out that there is no God.

You don't have to be smart but just honest. Gods do exist because man created them.

Pot calling the kettle black - you guys flippantly dismiss all other gods other than yours because of your arrogant intellect.

I dismiss all other gods because of evidence. That’s the same reason that the masses believe that there is a God. Evidence.

They all claim "evidence" and those with other gods will dismiss your belief as you do theirs. Until you prove it, your evidence are just observations that you are assigning to an unproven assertion. Many times the observations have no bearing on supporting the proposition anyway eg New York exists therefore Spiderman is real.

Well?
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
You’ve made your decision and I’ve made mine. I’m happy to live out my life based on that decision.

The view that you guys have expressed here are nothing new and fall in line with the apologetical arguments that I’ve heard from atheists for the forty years that I’ve been listening. What you believe is of no consequence to me so I take no offense.

I have always been curious about the intensity and many times anger that I see from atheists. It’s obvious that you have spent a significant amount of time studying the Christian faith to the point that you know doctrine and history better than most Christian’s. It is also apparent that you have spent a significant amount of time studying/reading the writings of prominent atheists.

That being said, I have no desire to have long and drawn out discussions. I’ve been down that road and find it tiring. However, I am always curious to know what drives a person no matter the issue be it religious, political, personal pursuits etc.

Why have you devoted so much energy time and passion to a non existent God?

What is it that drives you to pursue discussions with Christian’s with a goal of convincing them that God is a fantasy?

We’re you raised in the Christian faith?

Have you had experience within the church or with church people good or bad?

Have you devoted this same energy to apologetical arguments against other religions?

No traps set. I’m genuinely curious.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
IZH27,

They're not really atheists. They are God haters. A real atheist couldn't care less about what or why you believe what you believe.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They do seem to have a real issue with the believers here, simply because they ‘are’ believers. It clearly eats em’ up.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Antony Flew was likely the most prominent atheist philosopher of the 20th century, and he defined atheism as "rejection of belief in God" - not merely the absence of belief in God.

No atheist here has ever, ever provided ‘any’ evidence to back up their claim that God does not exist. Atheists are most definitely making a claim just as theists are. So rather than shrugging off any burden of proof…as we’ve seen the atheists here do over and over and over…the atheists should understand that their claim ‘also’ needs justification, not just the theists.

The position of the atheists here that the burden of proof rests on just the theists…and not them…is pretty lame, as well as disingenuous, dishonest, weak, and hypocritical.
That would be requiring them to prove a negative which in most cases is not possible.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
IZH27,

They're not really atheists. They are God haters. A real atheist couldn't care less about what or why you believe what you believe.

Yes, and they work for...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
That would be requiring them to prove a negative which in most cases is not possible.
That’s clearly a false claim and has been pointed out as such every time you’ve made it. Not being able to prove a negative is a principle of folk logic, not actual logic. You’ve clearly ignored the previous responses to the false claim that you’re again making above, as is your prerogative.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That’s clearly a false claim and has been pointed out as such every time you’ve made it. Not being able to prove a negative is a principle of folk logic, not actual logic. You’ve clearly ignored the previous responses to the false claim that you’re again making above, as is your prerogative.
There are some negatives I can prove. There is no elephant in my house. I can prove that. I cannot prove there are no passenger pigeons left and you cannot prove there are or are not. I cannot prove there are not space aliens walking among us although I'm pretty sure there are not. I think most atheists are of the opinion that the God most people conceptualize is not a reasonable or likely reality. I think most self identified atheists are not sure or able to tell us what was the first cause and where all this matter originated. Stephen Hawking says the whole universe originated from the explosion of a particle smaller than an atom. I cannot disprove that but I don't believe it. So, yes sometimes you can prove a negative, but in this case you cannot. You and I can assuredly say there is a higher power beyond complete human understanding (a God for instance) and I'm pretty sure an atheist is likewise going to admit that while he doesn't believe in "God" he doesn't have the answers to the existence and first cause. Where would Hawking say all that matter came from that collapsed upon itself until it compressed into something that exploded into our whole expanding universe? We all might do well to say we don't know to a lot of questions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So basically, when someone claims “you can't prove a negative" that means you can't prove beyond reasonable doubt that certain things don't exist. And the claim that “you can’t prove a negative” is patently just a false claim. Clearly.

We prove the nonexistence of things on a regular basis.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So basically, when someone claims “you can't prove a negative" that means you can't prove beyond reasonable doubt that certain things don't exist. And the claim that “you can’t prove a negative” is patently just a false claim. Clearly.

We prove the nonexistence of things on a regular basis.
I guess so

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
There seems to be a few consistencies with atheists. They know more about theology and church than most Christian’s They tend to base arguments about the metaphysical from a purely materialistic view of evolution. This is intellectually weak and dishonest. They make demands that God be understood by their criteria alone. They know too much about the Christian faith to have not been in it or seriously challenged by it.
Some of us are eager to learn about other peoples beliefs, legends, mythology.

I took Bible studies.with a couple.different denominations. I studied Bible History in College. In elementary and middle school I read The Illiad and The Odyssy, and thereafter every text I could get hold of about Greek, Roman, and Norse mythology.

I came away believing Jesus the Son of God and Yaweh the Creator of the Universe were as real as Zeus, Apollo, or Thor.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Give an example of proving a negative.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They do seem to have a real issue with the believers here, simply because they ‘are’ believers. It clearly eats em’ up.

Crock.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You’ve made your decision and I’ve made mine. I’m happy to live out my life based on that decision.

The view that you guys have expressed here are nothing new and fall in line with the apologetical arguments that I’ve heard from atheists for the forty years that I’ve been listening. What you believe is of no consequence to me so I take no offense.

I have always been curious about the intensity and many times anger that I see from atheists. It’s obvious that you have spent a significant amount of time studying the Christian faith to the point that you know doctrine and history better than most Christian’s. It is also apparent that you have spent a significant amount of time studying/reading the writings of prominent atheists.

That being said, I have no desire to have long and drawn out discussions. I’ve been down that road and find it tiring. However, I am always curious to know what drives a person no matter the issue be it religious, political, personal pursuits etc.

Why have you devoted so much energy time and passion to a non existent God?

What is it that drives you to pursue discussions with Christian’s with a goal of convincing them that God is a fantasy?

We’re you raised in the Christian faith?

Have you had experience within the church or with church people good or bad?

Have you devoted this same energy to apologetical arguments against other religions?

No traps set. I’m genuinely curious.

In my case I was atheist right out of the gate. I'm amazed at how many people are investing so much time and passion into something they can't know to be true, especially when that something tells them they were born a piece of crap and can only hope for goodness after they are dead providing they abide by the immorals of a bully and worship them. These beliefs have, and still do, lead to atrocities, bigotry, hatred etc.

Reading the good books of the mainstream relgions is a good reason of why not to believe and worship. Most people are morally better than that purported of their gods.

Christians aren't the only ones claiming persecution, and they dish out persecution on others, and their own. You'll find sympathy in the dictionary.

Well?
Page 20 of 36 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
709 members (007FJ, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 76 invisible), 2,792 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,630
Posts18,398,794
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.