Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
He's actually changed his mind on the bump stock fiasco since then, actually dropping the NRA as a sponsor of his show over their role in it.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CopperSolid
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by MarkWV
“Well, I suppose I'll pick up a few extra "haters" about this, as well as people who think I'm supporting the NRA ONLY because they support us.
Even though John has not totally agreed with me this week, I've been making the comment all week how crazy it is that something most serious shooters couldn't care less about is such a point of focus, being used to demonize all gun owners. I'm assuming the NRA gave this issue very serious consideration, and like me, decided that these bump stocks, which did not even exist ten years ago, are not something worth "falling on our swords" over. There are WAY more important battles down the road.
Also, guess what; don't tell the gun haters, but this was a stroke of genius. It doesn't take a genius to see what was coming anyway, regardless of who wants to feel smart about never "compromising."
Many of you will not agree with me, but all of us need to make sure we continue contacting our representatives and gun rights organizations. Make your voice heard and let them know where you stand on all these issues. They all work for us.
My guess is that the biggest NRA critics on this issue will be the folks "riding in the wagon," and not even holding a membership card. It's just the nature of human beings.”

He didn’t fall on the sword, now he loves them. I could care less if he has a single action. Haven’t cared about a video since. A poor advocate for 2A in my opinion. But you do you.
Hell are you goin on about

Hickok’s (compromising) position on bump stocks after the LV massacre.
Oh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Freedom Arms would be my pick also.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Hmmm, I didn't know the Long Branch was an actual place. Coolio.

We have one in Boerne Texas.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
These two.

A Standard Manufacturing 45 Colt.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A TLA #5 44 Magnum.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
My flattop 44 special.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My flattop 44 special.

There ya go Jim.

Nice choice!

Mine would be my Flattop .45 Colt/ACP that I customized.

Put a Bisley hammer in it and replaced the steel grip frame with an aluminum one to reduce a bit of weight.
Had the ACP chambers reamed to accept longer loads that are typical such as 200 grain LSWC where the driving band sits over the case mouth.
Installed a locking base pin.
And of course the grips are not factory.

The .45 Colt load I have settled on is a 270 wide nose SWCs at 900 FPS.

Plus various .45 ACP loads for general field use and small game:

Carried in a Milt Sparks 200 AW:

A very versatile little gun. It has quickly become a favorite single action.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I like those .45 ACP speed loaders.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Single Action Revolvers are my favorite and I own several Colt SAA, USFA, Vaqueros, a few Freedom Arms Model 83 Premier Grades.

But the last one I'd part with would be my Freedom Arm's Premier Grade Model 83 in 44 Mag 4 3/4 inch barrel with options.

Action Job

Polished and jeweled

Fluted cylinder

I shoot 44 specials out of this Revolver mostly but machined out of 17-4 stainless and being fairly massive it will no doubt handle the stout Magnum loads without fail...

Another one is this Ruger Vaquero Talo edition in 44 Mag. This revolver is obscenely accurate considering the fixed sights with 44 Specials. The rear of the front sight is serrated that helps when aiming. I like the low profile wide hammer spur. This one is always at my side when chasing Coyotes by my lonesome at night.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
One of the real Wild Bill’s revolvers of Deadwood fame is coming up for auction on Rock Island auctions soon.

Last edited by ruffcutt; 07/31/22. Reason: Clarification

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe Hickok made a good choice. I sure do like that 5.5" '64 2nd Gen. My choice would be between a 2nd Gen like that and a USFA of similar configuration.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
My 625 Smith 3" bbl, .45acp, cuz someone will eventually ask which auto would you keep and I'm wanting matching calibers.

The ones I shoot the most are stainless Super Blackhawk 7.5" and a 45 Colt Blackhawk 4.75".

The one I want to like is my 480 Ruger Bisley 6.5", but the trigger guard smashes my middle finger. Yes, I've tried all the ways of holding it but to no avail. Wish Lady her would make an oversized grip.

Old guy, old guns.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My flattop 44 special.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mackay: Nice pistola there & nice background in the first photo.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/31/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm no Hickok for damn sure, had a bunch revolvers, but never fell in love until I found an old Bisley, circa 1904, in ,gasp, a .38-40 of all things. I take it with me everywhere, once in a while I see a FedEx truck I get the strangest urge to order the driver to stand and deliver.

Last edited by flintlocke; 07/31/22.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Freedom arms in 454 Casull/.45 Colt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love or hate a Colt, they are still the standard by which revolvers are measured. Not Ruger, not USFA, not any other brand, just Colt.

I have several and have yet to have any issues with strength or reliability and that is with mostly first generation guns.

Others have their place, but you have to admit, it was Colt that started the real appreciation for a single action revolver.

For me it always has and always will be Colt first…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably not the Single Seven 5.5" one.

Most likely this one. A shop gun from some little place in E TN. Converted to .25-20 and I ordered a .256 Win Mag cylinder for it too. Nothing fancy as far as grips or finish goes. Tuned up so to speak, as the shop usually does. Yeah, go ahead and pick on me if you want. But as it's used for hunting at times I wanted the critters to have the best chance of getting dead and not wounded so I put the UltraDot on it.

And yes, it's been blooded. If the rabbit population recovers any time soon, I hope to get some of those too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Long Barrel Colt...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (6mmbrfan, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,561 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.