-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Every time my wife goes out of town my girls want me to cook. I typically split the cooking duties with my wife anyway, but they want me to try out new things when she is gone. A few years ago I tried Chicken Cordon Bleu and they liked it. That was tops of the list this week. Hoping to try out the new smoker later this week.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Had to make skin on mashed taters too!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Mine is out of town until next Sunday. I get supper out of a window usually

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Experiment nights were always interesting growing up. Might be badass, or peanut butter sandwiches might be what's for dessert.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm the cook here since I am now un/self-employed. No chicken Cordon Bleu. Red beans and sausage, chili (with beans of course), gumbo, grilled beef, stew, or soup. Sometimes scrambled eggs. My bride leaves at 7AM and gets back by 7PM if we're lucky and there's no C-section to attend. We aren't picky or inventive with food.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Looks good to me…..

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I travel for 15 years for work (3-4 nights every week). 6 years ago I came back home to run the family business. My schedule is MUCH better now and I cook most of the meals. The kids each picked out recipe books for me for Father’s Day. I really enjoy it and by what everyone says I’m actually pretty good.

Tonight I did chicken and pineapple skewers that were marinated in coconut milk for the wife and my little girl. My son and I ate chicken and jalapeño skewers with a honey glaze.

But on occasion I’ll try something that turns out nowhere near good. Usually edible though 😂😂😂

Edit to add my wife fried us up some green tomatoes out of the garden. Man they were good. We rarely eat fried anything.

Last edited by Joshm28; 06/20/22.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Joshm28
I travel for 15 years for work (3-4 nights every week). 6 years ago I came back home to run the family business. My schedule is MUCH better now and I cook most of the meals. The kids each picked out recipe books for me for Father’s Day. I really enjoy it and by what everyone says I’m actually pretty good.

Tonight I did chicken and pineapple skewers that were marinated in coconut milk for the wife and my little girl. My son and I ate chicken and jalapeño skewers with a honey glaze.

But on occasion I’ll try something that turns out nowhere near good. Usually edible though 😂😂😂

Edit to add my wife fried us up some green tomatoes out of the garden. Man they were good. We rarely eat fried anything.

Those skewers sound good. If we eat anything fried it’s in the air fryer. Tonight’s meal was baked.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
We airfried the tomato’s. Made a hell of a mess though 😂. Good thing about me cooking is she does the cleaning.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
you dont eat much

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tesoro
you dont eat much

My scale would disagree!!!

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I do all the cooking my wife does all the clean up. We both like it that way. I'm very good with alot of things { meat lots of ways and fish} I ;ike to cook and she doesn't, works for us. Got a freezer full of elk. Good to go.

MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Philgood80,

Looks good, looks like my Grannys green beans and mashed taters, although she stuck with the Kentucky fried chicken style since she was from Kentucky.

I like to make -hybrid- meals, vegetable soup X with chili.
And crazy pizza's, big deep dish cast iron pan, thin pizza crust [store bought] jimmy dean sausage/black label maple bacon/black angus ribeye/hordes of cheese/strawberry & pineapple slivers/ragu meat flavor sauce.
I think it weighs about five pounds. Made the little girls next door one for Christmas another for New Years, first time they gave me the ''I thought you said was a pizza'' look.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1_deuce, 22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 41 invisible), 1,977 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,067
Posts18,463,501
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.