~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No fugging way.

Not because it's expired....but because its gayer'n aids.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do. The gkids think it's cool to pour in some milk and shake the hell out of it and pour out a pancake!!

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No fugging way.

Not because it's expired....but because its gayer'n aids.

Don’t you wear pajamas? Lol

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sandbilly;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that other than tempting the fates by eating food past the posted date you're all well tonight. grin

Honestly I had to look up what it was as we do have Betty Crocker Bisquick in boxes here - I think - but not that shape of container. Likely too flashy for staid and boring Canadian customers or something.

If possible I avoid boxed pancake mix as it brings back flashbacks of when my folks split up when I was 14 and Dad and I lived off of Aunt Jemima boxed pancake mix, bacon and eggs for months as that was all Dad could make. I then learned to cook out of necessity! laugh

On the whole "this package will explode after expiry date" thing, I'm with those who say it's just a suggestion.

Years back here John Barsness had a thread asking what was the longest anyone had left game meat in the freezer and it was still fine. I want to say someone had a "lost roast" that was 9 years old and it was still fine. We did a 3 year old moose roast that was fine so I was a mere piker in that contest.

The other spring when I was reorganizing our walk in pantry I found a couple jars of canned venison from 2012 so it was 8 years old at least. It tasted fine.

I will say that I had some of those packaged Ramen noodles in a pot in the tool box of my pickup for about 20 years and it wasn't good tasting at all anymore. I might not have finished it either sir, but then again I might have?

My folks both grew up in the Great Depression and it was a competition between drinking alcohol or wasting food as to which was the greater cardinal sin.

Funny how I'm now not a teatotaller but it pains me to throw food away of any kind.

It might well do me in some day I suppose Sand Billy, but it hasn't thus far. For whatever it's worth, if this Canuck was there with you, I'd be trying the packaged pancakes along with the ancient syrup for sure. cool

Thanks for the chuckles tonight and all the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 06/20/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Camping breakfast!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ate an expired MRE a couple weeks ago with no ill effects.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Billy, Billy, Billy,

I think we here have been through this a couple of times. Sprinkle some of that good stuff you sent on it and all will be fine. Some folks here would say to slather them with "Miracle" whip (there is nothing miraculous about that stuff other than the fact some folks pay good money for it) and get the feed bag on.

Just to be polite and answer your question.......................yes if that was what was on the menu.

I had a friend in the vitamin distribution business, filling store shelves and the like. I got a lot of supplements from her when I was a starving student. She told me the primary reason for dates on them was consumer demand for them. Seems they lose an insignificant amount of potency by the expiration date, after all when one is taking 5X the recommended daily allowance, will a few milligrams less per 1000 mg dose make a difference?

Primary reason for the dates on foodstuffs is likely because the buying public is too dumb to figure out if something has gone bad and then they would sue the manufacturer because they couldn't figure out the smelly sliced turkey breast had turned.

Never saw that particular pancake mix...........................way more convenient than my from scratch sourdough multi-grain ones though.

Hope it's not to hot down there. We're gonna die here this week I think. Going up to 90F.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have ate [bleep] that would make a goat puke so yes

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Sandbilly;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that other than tempting the fates by eating food past the posted date you're all well tonight. grin

Honestly I had to look up what it was as we do have Betty Crocker Bisquick in boxes here - I think - but not that shape of container. Likely too flashy for staid and boring Canadian customers or something.

If possible I avoid boxed pancake mix as it brings back flashbacks of when my folks split up when I was 14 and Dad and I lived off of Aunt Jemima boxed pancake mix, bacon and eggs for months as that was all Dad could make. I then learned to cook out of necessity! laugh

On the whole "this package will explode after expiry date" thing, I'm with those who say it's just a suggestion.

Years back here John Barsness had a thread asking what was the longest anyone had left game meat in the freezer and it was still fine. I want to say someone had a "lost roast" that was 9 years old and it was still fine. We did a 3 year old moose roast that was fine so I was a mere piker in that contest.

The other spring when I was reorganizing our walk in pantry I found a couple jars of canned venison from 2012 so it was 8 years old at least. It tasted fine.

I will say that I had some of those packaged Ramen noodles in a pot in the tool box of my pickup for about 20 years and it wasn't good tasting at all anymore. I might not have finished it either sir, but then again I might have?

My folks both grew up in the Great Depression and it was a competition between drinking alcohol or wasting food as to which was the greater cardinal sin.

Funny how I'm now not a teatotaller but it pains me to throw food away of any kind.

It might well do me in some day I suppose Sand Billy, but it hasn't thus far. For whatever it's worth, if this Canuck was there with you, I'd be trying the packaged pancakes along with the ancient syrup for sure. cool

Dwayne

Thanks for the response Dwayne.

I’ve never been sick from any kind of food before, even more than once when I ate the same as others and they got food poisoning. I doubt some year and a half expired pancake mix is gonna do me in. 😆

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Billy, Billy, Billy,

I think we here have been through this a couple of times. Sprinkle some of that good stuff you sent on it and all will be fine. Some folks here would say to slather them with "Miracle" whip (there is nothing miraculous about that stuff other than the fact some folks pay good money for it) and get the feed bag on.

Just to be polite and answer your question.......................yes if that was what was on the menu.

I had a friend in the vitamin distribution business, filling store shelves and the like. I got a lot of supplements from her when I was a starving student. She told me the primary reason for dates on them was consumer demand for them. Seems they lose an insignificant amount of potency by the expiration date, after all when one is taking 5X the recommended daily allowance, will a few milligrams less per 1000 mg dose make a difference?

Primary reason for the dates on foodstuffs is likely because the buying public is too dumb to figure out if something has gone bad and then they would sue the manufacturer because they couldn't figure out the smelly sliced turkey breast had turned.

Never saw that particular pancake mix...........................way more convenient than my from scratch sourdough multi-grain ones though.

Hope it's not to hot down there. We're gonna die here this week I think. Going up to 90F.

Smelled ok Geno, and didn’t have any moving parts so…
Down the hatch.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Billy, Billy, Billy,

Smelled ok Geno, and didn’t have any moving parts so…
Down the hatch.

The real test is how things work out the next morning.

But, pancakes are relatively innocuous.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Who cant take the extra 15 mins to make a decent pancake from scratch??

I weep for the future.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I weep for the future.

Haha! Slumlord nailed this comment.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I weep for the future.
Had plenty of scratch pancakes, they are still a pancake. Just a sponge for syrup and butter, those are the best thing about a slap jack.

Fill you up then 30 minutes later you're starving.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Sandbilly;

Dwayne

Damn... you make a great tale.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
When I was young and had a daring young lass... I made pancaked and placed them warm upon her bare breasts (and such).

It was a fine meal as I recall...

She was a fine sport about it...

Oh... the memories of years past.

I have no idea is the batter was out of date...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Expiration date is visible. 01/21
Those are merely suggestions.

^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dates are required, and the food is good untill at least then.
There are perishable items, basically fresh or refrigerated foods.
Canned, dry goods, frozen, I don't get too exited.

I've had food poison numerous times when driving truck, a few
really bad. Homie don't play the "Save $10, get the puking shïts" game,
But that date wouldn't stop me from eating it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I weep for the future.

Where’s Mathman when you need him?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.