-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Classic supply and demand. The thing I miss is going to a gun show and getting a deal on something.

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by gunzo
... OTOH!! buying gas to get to work & eating have become such a strain that weapons are way down the list in the budget.
Just had this conversation ^^^^^^^ with the owner of my LGS... Last year, he could sell everything he could get in the shop, even at inflated prices. This year, he is able to get inventory. But the Average Joe is spending so much on gas getting back and forth to work, leaves very few discretionary $$$$'s...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think people's disposable income is now poured into their gas tanks and used to just make ends meet. Guns are not the priority in most budgets at this point. FJB

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Ammo shelves seem pretty well stocked here too. It seems less and less people are paying the ridiculous prices.

Thats bad news for these hoarders and flippers.

Poor little buggers.

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
30 million guys with a Govt stimmie check, a Gunbroker account, and no work to do/trucks to buy(“chip shortage”), didn’t help. Fools and “free money”...

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Gosh.....hope you don't have to eat them.....

I was one of the first through the door when they opened a big show in Louisville one morning, 1400 tables, no jewelry, carpet cleaners or jerky sales, all guns & related. With the huge crowds yet to form it gave me a minute to just stop & scan the room.

It was food for thought, no pun intended. I said to myself, "most every good gun shop in Ky. is loaded to the gills with guns, & now I stand here & see all this... how can they be worth anything, there are so many? One day we might have to make stew with the things"

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Upside,

It might become a great time to buy!

I snuck up on a Cooper M21 Varminter Sunday night. High bid was $905.

I've not been able to touch one at that price in quite a few years.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 06/21/22.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by centershot
I think people's disposable income is now poured into their gas tanks and used to just make ends meet. Guns are not the priority in most budgets at this point. FJB

This is likely about to become a bigger factor going forward. Likely for other hobby and non-essential items as well, like watercraft and RVs.

Now with even more aplomb
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gunzo
OTOH!! buying gas to get to work & eating have become such a strain that weapons are way down the list in the budget.

I think this has a lot to do with it.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Last week I bought a new Colt .38 Super, and paid 20 bucks under MSRP. I was happy, the dealer, who thought he had a deadweight to hang around his neck, was happy.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The firearms market may be softening but the ammo market is still ridiculous. I stopped into Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday and it's true that the shelves are stocked with ammo. But prices are ridiculous. A box of Federal Premium 25-06 costs $50+.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Was in cabelas over the weekend. Tnt 17hmr box of 50 for $20. First I've seen in awhile available

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Maybe home prices & demand will drop too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We're just working stiffs here and I haven't bought much for firearms in a year or so. Used to buy constantly. Now we watch what we spend because we don't know when the next insane leftist/communist policy will come along that will fucque us hard. It's clear the govt is the enemy of Americans, so we better watch out for ourselves!

LOL
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
We're just working stiffs here and I haven't bought much for firearms in a year or so. Used to buy constantly. Now we watch what we spend because we don't know when the next insane leftist/communist policy will come along that will fucque us hard. It's clear the govt is the enemy of Americans, so we better watch out for ourselves!

You better keep a good coat of paint on that T-111 shack

LOL

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hopefully the large magnum rifle primer market will slow down.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by centershot

This. Most folks are concerned and appalled with the rising prices of fuel & food.
And the impending recession. And the fear that Hiden Biden and his Commie Handlers will bankrupt America and most Americans.

Not to mention the fact that during the Scamdemic, we saw all time record highs of Gun and ammo sales. Most folks bought everything they wanted and needed during that period, including folks that had NEVER bought a gun before.

High sales volume and crazy prices were bound to taper off and slow down eventually.

All the LGS I frequent are stocked to the brim with new guns nowadays. And I’m seeing quite a bit of ammo on the shelf’s too.
Only thing I see missing is reloading supplies such as primers, powder, and bullets.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by geedubya
Upside,

It might become a great time to buy!

I snuck up on a Cooper M21 Varminter Sunday night. High bid was $905.

I've not been able to touch one at that price in quite a few years.

ya!

GWB

Yep. Lots of folks may start selling off guns that they feel they just don’t need, to pay for gas and food.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Fireball2

You better keep a good coat of paint on that T-111 shack

LOL

We may have to start adopting little abandoned chillrens and farm them out for yardworkers to make ends meet! LOL

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The way the market has been lately,I picked up a couple of reasonably prices 95% Remington 552 Speedmasters,1976 and 1980 models.The older Remington guns really took a big jump in price.I doubt I lose money on these two.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 74 invisible), 3,029 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.