Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It's a terrible thing for sure. I would love to hear some of your plans of action for attacking a room with a heavily armed psychopath that presumably has numerous children as hostages.

1. Break down the door. These cops had a Halligan tool, in the school.
2. Shoot the punk. If the punk manages to shoot the first cop, then the second cop will shoot the punk.
THIS!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
It's a terrible thing for sure. I would love to hear some of your plans of action for attacking a room with a heavily armed psychopath that presumably has numerous children as hostages.
I would assume youre not making a case for what these cowards did correct? Its a tough call and tough situation for sure. But there was little childrens lives at stake. The cops should have immediately worked to end the threat. Does it suck for the cop? Yes, but that is something everyone in that line of work has to come to grips with before accepting the position. You may have to give your life to protect another

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The head of the Texas Department of Public Safety said Tuesday that Uvalde police could have stopped the mass shooting at Robb Elementary within three minutes, calling their response an "abject failure."

Testifying before a special Texas Senate committee hearing, Col. Steve McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, told lawmakers that "There is compelling evidence that the law enforcement response to the attack at Robb Elementary was an abject failure and antithetical to everything we’ve learned over the last two decades since the Columbine massacre."

"Three minutes after the suspect entered the west building, there was a sufficient number of armed officers wearing body armor to isolate, distract, and neutralize the subject," he said. "The only thing stopping a hallway of dedicated officers from entering Room 111, and 112, was the on-scene commander, who decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children."
McCraw on Tuesday again placed blamed on Pete Arredondo, the Uvalde school district police chief, for deciding to put the lives of officers ahead of children’s lives.

UVALDE SHOOTING: TEXAS DPS OFFICIALS BRING ROBB ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DOOR INTO STATE CAPITOL AHEAD OF HEARING

His remarks are the first public comments McCraw has made regarding the shooting since last month.

"The officers had weapons, while the children had none. The officers had body armor, the children had none. The officers had training, the subject had none," McCraw said Tuesday. "One hour, 14 minutes and eight seconds. That’s how long the children waited, and the teachers waited, in Room 111 to be rescued. And while they waited, the on-scene commander waited for radio and rifles. And he waited for shields, and he waited for SWAT. Lastly, he waited for a key that was never needed."

The classroom door, which Fox News Digital first reported was physically brought into the state capitol for Tuesday's hearing, was unlocked, but officers never even tried to open it, McCraw said.

"We set our profession back a decade," he said.

McCraw testified that on video, he never saw anyone put a hand on the door before the keys arrived. Yet, he said it turns out the classroom door could not be locked from the inside.

Last edited by 79S; 06/21/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gunchamp
I would assume youre not making a case for what these cowards did correct? Its a tough call and tough situation for sure. But there was little childrens lives at stake. The cops should have immediately worked to end the threat. Does it suck for the cop? Yes, but that is something everyone in that line of work has to come to grips with before accepting the position. You may have to give your life to protect another

You, you, you mean it's kinda like signing up for the army except you get paid more? shocked

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/21/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I guess Col McGraw doesnt know WTH hes talking about.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Sheesh. They coulda got their hand shot if they had grabbed that door knob.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good argument for less gun control. Police could wait over an hour when you need them. This is why you should be allowed your own ar. When a mad man is on the loose there's a decent chance the police won't be there to protect you. Parents should be allowed to go in if police won't. Most parents would go in even if they were unarmed to try to protect their kids. Pice blocked them. That is a huge travesty. I still have tons of questions about the Las Vegas shooting and why it took so long to get a response. I believe there's a huge cover up there.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by gunchamp

You, you, you mean it's kinda like signing up for the army except you bet paid more? shocked
Yes sir!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Good argument for less gun control. Police could wait over an hour when you need them. This is why you should be allowed your own ar. When a mad man is on the loose there's a decent chance the police won't be there to protect you. Parents should be allowed to go in if police won't. Most parents would go in even if they were unarmed to try to protect their kids. Pice blocked them. That is a huge travesty. I still have tons of questions about the Las Vegas shooting and why it took so long to get a response. I believe there's a huge cover up there.

Bb
Not only did they block the parents, who were more than willing to go in, they tazed a father who was trying to get in the school to protect his child. WTF! I'm a pro-cop individual, but there were cowards there that day and not one of them should still have a job

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of a story good friend of mine told me. When he was in Iraq they were coming back from a patrol in their tanks. They hit an ied blew the track off the tank but everything else was in good working order. They start taking small arms fire form the palm groves. Hes the tank commander so Hes shooting the 50 cal. While yelling for the kid the loader to get out and shoot as well. They had a m4 carbine. He said that kid sat down in the turret crying I'm not going to get killed and would not come out of the turret. Well, more people get their end of story, kill bad guys/bad guys run off. They get back to camp my buddy said he told that kid, I will never tell you to get out of the Army but I will tell you, you need to reclass to something else. I don't care 88M, 42A whatever but you will never be a tanker. Point of story more LEO need to be told this, they don't have what it takes to be a cop and look for a different career.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It all boils down to incompetence and cowardice with a little lying.

Sounds like a bunch of lying went on almost immediately.

Which is very telling...

If they were lying, they knew they had done wrong.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Reminds me of a story good friend of mine told me. When he was in Iraq they were coming back from a patrol in their tanks. They hit an ied blew the track off the tank but everything else was in good working order. They start taking small arms fire form the palm groves. Hes the tank commander so Hes shooting the 50 cal. While yelling for the kid the loader to get out and shoot as well. They had a m4 carbine. He said that kid sat down in the turret crying I'm not going to get killed and would not come out of the turret. Well, more people get their end of story, kill bad guys/bad guys run off. They get back to camp my buddy said he told that kid, I will never tell you to get out of the Army but I will tell you, you need to reclass to something else. I don't care 88M, 42A whatever but you will never be a tanker. Point of story more LEO need to be told this, they don't have what it takes to be a cop and look for a different career.

Some of the more questionable cop shootings should fall into this too.
Some, where the cop shouldn't be prosecuted for it, but maybe they
aren't suited to be a cop? Don't seem to happen though.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Stunning testimony today. Good God.

""The officers had weapons, while the children had none. The officers had body armor, the children had none. The officers had training, the subject had none," McCraw said Tuesday. "One hour, 14 minutes and eight seconds. That’s how long the children waited, and the teachers waited, in Room 111 to be rescued. And while they waited, the on-scene commander waited for radio and rifles. And he waited for shields, and he waited for SWAT. Lastly, he waited for a key that was never needed."

The classroom door, which Fox News Digital first reported was physically brought into the state capitol for Tuesday's hearing, was unlocked, but officers never even tried to open it, McCraw said.

"We set our profession back a decade," he said.

McCraw testified that on video, he never saw anyone put a hand on the door before the keys arrived. Yet, he said it turns out the classroom door could not be locked from the inside."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, this is about as bad as it gets.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by deflave

That’s a tough article to read but I think everybody should.

Thanks for posting.

How can a man stand down and listen when his child or wife are in a life vs death circumstance ? Waiting for orders from a fool. I’ll never understand.
Rhetorical, right

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Defending the indefensible, again.

After reading all of your post on this tragedy, it is clear that you approve of the way this was handled, All LEO made it home safely, job one.

It is also clear that LEO Powell would have been the first officer to hide behind his vehicle and the last one to engage the shooter.

Pathetic doesn’t even come close to describing you.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Where are the door videos?

I'd guess there was the usual computer glitch.

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Where are the door videos?

I'd guess there was the usual computer glitch.
Do this help

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...ther-58-minutes-before-engaging-shooter/

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You mean what would I do if I had hard plate armor, ballistic shields, automatic weapons and a squad of “men” supporting me?….. I know what I WOULD NOT do, I WOULD NOT cower in fear despite the multiple levels of protection I enjoyed. I WOULD NOT wait for the children to bleed out.

I would use my multiple levels of protection to engage the shooter and kill him. I’d also be inclined to end the suffering of the chickenshit coward cops the hid while children were murdered or tazed fathers that had more backbone than all the pigs on scene.

I don’t have to wonder if I possess enough courage to face death because I got tested plenty through the years and I never faltered or hesitated. Too bad cops don’t possess half the brains or a quarter of the guts that firefighters have. 😂😂😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[Linked Image from statelymcdanielmanor.files.wordpress.com]

Last edited by Wannabebwana; 06/21/22.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,618
Posts18,454,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.