Print Thread
Hop To
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
that I think it is, it's 57 years overdue. Abortion isn't all bad....

ADN: "Once the car stopped, officers blocked it, troopers said. The driver, 57-year-old Amos Lane, then pointed a handgun at a woman who was in the car with him, according to troopers." Officers shot and killed him. " Today's ADN- happened in Fairbanks.

Way, way, overdue!

The Amos Lane (not the senior- a wonderful guy - but his nephew) I knew in Pt Hope in the mid 70's was a psychopath. Totally charming, highly intelligent, extremely manipulative, & totally psycho when angry or when he figured he could get away with something without being caught. No moral or human feeling at all. And an insane (literally) temper. But he could play people like a cheap harmonica.

He brought a gun to school to use on teachers, but had the wrong ammo. He tried! 4th grade.

I came around the corner of the PO one day, and he had skewered a puppy to the ground through the stomach with a piece of re-bar or something. "I didn't do it, I didn't do it!" I had to kill the puppy, of course. Bad choice on my part.....

The Principal asked, several times, for the Barbaras ( a pair of itinerant psychologists for the school district) to test him. They ran the usual BS tests. "He's fine....etc".

"Back him into a corner, and see what happens", Gaylen said.

5 minutes or so later we had to pull little Amos, the Wonderful Kid, off the B's - he had THEM backed into a corner, literally, and was going to brain them with a chair.

Chester Killigvuk, a big husky high-schooler pissed little Amos (5th grade maybe) off one day in my classroom. Amos attacked - repeatedly, getting smacked down each time - and I mean DOWN - 5 or 6 times running. Chester wasn't holding anything back.

I might have been a little slow getting across the room to break it up. smile

As a 16? year old, he raped and beat his mother.

When we went to Barrow in mid 90's, he and another guy had been arrested for raping and killing two girls out camping. Amos turned state's evidence. With such a wonderful witness, the other guy got off too. When we heard about it on our arrival, my wife and I looked at each other and simultaneously said "They have the wrong guy for s.e.!!" Neither of us have any doubt who was the instigator, and possibly the sole perp in those two murders.

That's just the stuff I know about for sure; there was at least one other "unsolved" rape/murder when Amos was around, that I am aware of.

He spent at least some years in API, and not voluntarily either.

Finally, a happy ending!

Last edited by las; 06/21/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sounds like he should have been shot years ago.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a swell guy.. just think their are more of him out in the villages just bat chit crazy.. I was sitting in seg struck a conversation with a native guy who was in their again. Asked how he was doing etc, I asked if he had siblings he said he had a sister. Then this is the part the blew my mind. He went on to tell me how his uncle (moms brother) raped her, got her pregnant and woolah he had a baby sister. I’m standing their thinking wtf..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Some people need killin’.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't believe that there has EVER been a case where a teacher's warning about a dangerous student was taken seriously by anyone (especially the subject's parents).

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.