Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Been wanting one of these for a while, and one just popped up at my local dealership so i jumped on it. Man, how did i ever live without power steering? Big upgrade from my 2012 arctic cat 450. Bought the yamaha 2 days ago, took it out on its maiden voyage yesterday. Got rained on, but found a set of moose paddles. So far the only thing i have to say negative about this machibe is that the mud tires on it are really rough riding up a dry rocky trail. Not that theyre bad tires, but not right for what i do most of the time. Maybe ill appreciate them this winter. Oh, and no "parking brake" on it like my old quad. [Linked Image from pic8.co]

Last edited by ElAhrairah; 05/08/22.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice new rig cool smile!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Very nice rig. I am looking at getting a Kodiak due to my budget.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Nice!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love Yamahas. Nice rig. The EPS is the best thing they could add

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been looking for a Grizzly in my area all year. None to be found. Told I cant place an order as well.

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Been wanting one of these for a while, and one just popped up at my local dealership so i jumped on it. Man, how did i ever live without power steering? Big upgrade from my 2012 arctic cat 450. Bought the yamaha 2 days ago, took it out on its maiden voyage yesterday. Got rained on, but found a set of moose paddles. So far the only thing i have to say negative about this machibe is that the mud tires on it are really rough riding up a dry rocky trail. Not that theyre bad tires, but not right for what i do most of the time. Maybe ill appreciate them this winter. Oh, and no "parking brake" on it like my old quad. [Linked Image from pic8.co]
Check you tire pressure , the dealership may have put way to much air in. Most run around 4-5 psi . Also the 14 inch rims do not help , as it decreases the side walls of the tires . Nice quad though , just can’t go wrong with a Yamaha .

Last edited by colvin; 07/12/22.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Have a 2019 Grizz 700 EPS myself.........love it! I've had several Grizzly's over the years, just dependable workaholics in the backcountry!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Definitely let some air out of the tires

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Much our riding here is on rocks. I got these Sedona Ripsaws just for that as they have a lot of rubber to take a beating. They ride smooth on trails but they're heavy duty and stiff. However, they're marginal on snow.
If you think about getting different tires, consider buying another set of wheels and using yours just for winter.

[Linked Image from images.rockymountainatvmc.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That’s a nice looking ATV.

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Yeah im considering buying a second set of wheels so i can have a set for winter tires and a set for summer tires. I do that on my truck.

Never occured to me to check the tire pressure on a brand new machine, but good call. I run 4.5 lbs on my arctic cat. Ill make sure the yamaha isnt overinflated

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just wait until everyone tells you that power steering isn’t needed.

Well it isn’t in your car either. Lmao

Last edited by tzone; 08/20/22.

Camp is where you make it.
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by tzone

Being as how i bought a quad without power steering 10 years ago, have been riding it all this time, still have it, i believe im very well qualified to say power steering makes a huge difference and is flat out awesome. God, its such a huge improvement. Got about 300 miles on the yamaha now and its an absolute joy to ride compared to my old quad. The old arctic cat is more or less a dedicated plowing rig now. Power steering for the win. What was that fleetwood mac song, never goin back again?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Much our riding here is on rocks. I got these Sedona Ripsaws just for that as they have a lot of rubber to take a beating. They ride smooth on trails but they're heavy duty and stiff. However, they're marginal on snow.
If you think about getting different tires, consider buying another set of wheels and using yours just for winter.

[Linked Image from images.rockymountainatvmc.com]

I second the Sedona Ripsaws, excellent tires. Have them on both my Grizzle’s, one in Montana and one in Texas. Work just fine in the snow.

NRA Endowment Member
L
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
L
SWEET ride Brother! I tried buying my wife one for her bithday last year, none in stock ANYWHERE! Got her a Honda Rubicon, it was in stock. I'm going to get myself a Griz, she'll wind up taking it, she's used to Yamaha's auto setup.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone

Being as how i bought a quad without power steering 10 years ago, have been riding it all this time, still have it, i believe im very well qualified to say power steering makes a huge difference and is flat out awesome. God, its such a huge improvement. Got about 300 miles on the yamaha now and its an absolute joy to ride compared to my old quad. The old arctic cat is more or less a dedicated plowing rig now. Power steering for the win. What was that fleetwood mac song, never goin back again?

Exactly. I’d rather have it than 4x4!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah im considering buying a second set of wheels so i can have a set for winter tires and a set for summer tires. I do that on my truck.

Never occured to me to check the tire pressure on a brand new machine, but good call. I run 4.5 lbs on my arctic cat. Ill make sure the Yamaha isn't overinflated
If it's anything like my Rhino, Yamaha tells you to run the fronts at 10 psi and the rears at 14psi, that's way too much pressure IMO and I run my Mudbugs at 5 front and 7 in the rear.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I’ve got a 2016 Kodiak 700 EPS. It’s a beast, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Very thankful to have bought it before Covid ran the prices up.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

613 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,046 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,267
Posts18,448,289
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.