-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He’s one of my best friends.probably more conservative than 90% here, just likes cock more than pussy.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Want his number?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I was early on the Creedmoor bandwagon and build my first one in about 2008 on a stiller tac 30 AW with a Bartlien 8 twist. I guy at stiller chambered it for me and it still shoots 1/4 moa. Might do better but I tried 2 bullets and 3 charges and that's the only load development it's had. With great accuracy and sub 10fps es I've just stuck with 140 vldh bullets and h4350 at 2820 fps.

I have to laugh at people who feel their 257 roberts or whatever is better. I knew the moment I saw my first Creedmoor reamer print most of my 260s were going down the road and I was a big 260 fan. I started shooting long range in about 1996 with a 260 and always out shot my 308 weilding friends.

Creedmoors shoot well almost always, are efficient, and 6.5 bullets are only bested by 7mms.

It's like a new Honda accord but some people will never admit one could do anything better than their 76 pinto or 257 roberts.

I'm loving my 6mm Creedmoors and 22 Creedmoor too and can't wait to finish an 8 twist 7mm Creedmoor.

The anti Creedmoor guys are the same guys who wouldn't vote for Trump because of their feelings. They just ignore the facts and go pure emotion.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 06/21/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I was early on the Creedmoor bandwagon and build my first one in about 2008 on a stiller tac 30 AW with a Bartlien 8 twist. I guy at stiller chambered it for me and it still shoots 1/4 moa. Might do better but I tried 2 bullets and 3 charges and that's the only load development it's had. With great accuracy and sub 10fps es I've just stuck with 140 vldh bullets and h4350 at 2820 fps.

I have to laugh at people who feel their 257 roberts or whatever is better. I knew the moment I saw my first Creedmoor reamer print most of my 260s were going down the road and I was a big 260 fan. I started shooting long range in about 1996 with a 260 and always out shot my 308 weilding friends.

Creedmoors shoot well almost always, are efficient, and 6.5 bullets are only bested by 7mms.

It's like a new Honda accord but some people will never admit one could do anything better than their 76 pinto or 257 roberts.

I'm loving my 6mm Creedmoors and 22 Creedmoor too and can't wait to finish an 8 twist 7mm Creedmoor.

The anti Creedmoor guys are the same guys who wouldn't vote for Trump because of their feelings. They just ignore the facts and go pure emotion.

Bb

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
When I bought most of my lapua brass for my 6.5X55 it was $69.99 per 100 and free shipping, and that was not that long ago maybe 5 years plus. I also have some pretty neat wildcats based on that case IE: 6X55 and also a 22X55 which are stellar. Just an FYI the 6.5 Creedmoor is based of of the Thompson Centre 30 cal called the 30 TC. It looks identical to a 308 that is why it never took off just like the 6.5 CM looks just like a 260 Remington only the Creedmoor had a catchy name and better marketing.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I also have begun to theorize, that the better a given hunter becomes, at HUNTING and SHOOTING, the more intrinsically they become interested in ‘specialized’ cartridges that don’t appeal so much to the entry-level shooter. Or, cartridges that AREN’T so generically ‘easy’ and universally ‘successful’ to work with. Because, in a word -

SKILL

And, art.

And, endeavor.

And, the path less taken = challenge.

At least that’s my take.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hanco, what’s a Texan’s take on the 6.5 CM against a 25/06? I know you own and have shot plenty of Schitt with both.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Listen to the Long Range pursuits podcast Esp:103. 6.5"s have been banned from a bunch of big bull elk outfitters. Nothing wrong with a 6.5 Creedmoor. In fact, there's a lot right with the cartridge, but its been sold as a long range Bazooka to a lot of people who couldn't hit the ground with their hat. Great deer, antelope, and small pig cartridge, but only a minimal elk cartridge. If your wife or kid can only handle a 6.5 Creedmoor, train them up and hope for the best. Its very doable.

However, its minimal. It's only what works when everything is right. Not running shots, not big solid shoulder shots, not running away shots and DEFINITELY not 500-600 yard shots. I don't care what others have done with the cartridge, or whats on video, I'm talking about when things don't go right.

I hunt elk with a 7RM and consider it to be no bigger than what elk hunting requires.

In summary, the 6.5 Creedmoor is great for deer and antelope but its been way oversold and real rifle guys are sick of the hype.. if you show up in my elk camp with one and aren't a little kid, a woman, or disabled, you can pack your igrorant ass back to town with your wee rifle and maybe make a few stock trades, call the signifant other and discuss the chances of Gavin in 2024.

Cross

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
How do the terminal ballistics change for women hunters?

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Hanco, what’s a Texan’s take on the 6.5 CM against a 25/06? I know you own and have shot plenty of Schitt with both.

My hunting is 250 yards or less. Either work just fine for me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kids and women can shoot it but men can’t. Too funny!

Last edited by Rogue; 06/21/22.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It ain't the cartridge is awesome it's the cult falling with the ignorance that think there's nothing else close...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My beef is with irrational thinking on both sides of the question.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It accurate in factory rifles. Not over complicated.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by mathman
How do the terminal ballistics change for women hunters?

Was wondering the same thing.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by granitestate1
When I bought most of my lapua brass for my 6.5X55 it was $69.99 per 100 and free shipping, and that was not that long ago maybe 5 years plus. I also have some pretty neat wildcats based on that case IE: 6X55 and also a 22X55 which are stellar. Just an FYI the 6.5 Creedmoor is based of of the Thompson Centre 30 cal called the 30 TC. It looks identical to a 308 that is why it never took off just like the 6.5 CM looks just like a 260 Remington only the Creedmoor had a catchy name and better marketing.
The 260 Remington is a great cartridge especially for hunting. It had nothing to do with a name or marketing. Remington shot themselves in the foot with slow twist barrels that couldn’t take advantage of the long heavy for caliber bullets. That and being a longer case with more body taper longer bullets didn’t fit mag boxes with those longer bullets without seating it further into the case and limiting powder capacity. The 260 Remington also has a shorter neck that doesn’t play as well seating long bullets. Remington is solely to blame for the 260 Remington not taking off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cross
Listen to the Long Range pursuits podcast Esp:103. 6.5"s have been banned from a bunch of big bull elk outfitters. Nothing wrong with a 6.5 Creedmoor. In fact, there's a lot right with the cartridge, but its been sold as a long range Bazooka to a lot of people who couldn't hit the ground with their hat. Great deer, antelope, and small pig cartridge, but only a minimal elk cartridge. If your wife or kid can only handle a 6.5 Creedmoor, train them up and hope for the best. Its very doable.

However, its minimal. It's only what works when everything is right. Not running shots, not big solid shoulder shots, not running away shots and DEFINITELY not 500-600 yard shots. I don't care what others have done with the cartridge, or whats on video, I'm talking about when things don't go right.

I hunt elk with a 7RM and consider it to be no bigger than what elk hunting requires.

In summary, the 6.5 Creedmoor is great for deer and antelope but its been way oversold and real rifle guys are sick of the hype.. if you show up in my elk camp with one and aren't a little kid, a woman, or disabled, you can pack your igrorant ass back to town with your wee rifle and maybe make a few stock trades, call the signifant other and discuss the chances of Gavin in 2024.

Cross

OK Boomer

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cross

Cross

How many elk have you seen killed in person? Asking for a friend.

In the 90s I shot a 300 Win Mag for Coues.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had one for a while. It was a Savage 16 Stainless Weather Warrior. Plenty accurate. Never shot a deer with it but did shoot some varmints and pigs. It wasn't a bit better than my daughter's .243W or .270W for my purposes. I sold it to a girl that I go to church with for exactly what it cost me and she did kill a few deer with it before it burned up in a house fire. If I buy another 6.5 it will be a Grendel for my grand daughter if I can find one in synthetic and stainless left handed. It is low recoil and has about the same trajectory with a 120 grain as a .308W using 150 grain. I figure the .260 Remington is about as good as the CM or Swede but I've never shot a Swede.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
The Sammi spec Creedmoors got tge throat and neck spacing right and the lead angle. Many older cartridges are spec'd for more clearance, round nose bullets, slop at the shoulder neck junction etc. Plus the the Creedmoor was spec'd with a longish throat and was a bit shorter case than the say 260 and was also twisted right from the factory. I had done enough customs and compared enough Sammi reamers to match ones to know that the Creedmoor had a lot done right from the start. I also like 30 degree shoulders.

I grew up with a 6mm rem and used one for years and have some sentimentality there but it is really obvious to me now that the Creedmoors are superior designed cartridges especially within your average short action. Doesn't mean a 6mm rem still won't work for an average guy on an average deer hunt but once you start pursuing next level accuracy and consistency and long range the advantages are obvious. There's a reason a lot of match guys aren't running 257 roberts and 6mm rems but your average 1 box a year deer hunter doesn't get it.

Bb

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.