24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just had a great idea…all the BT haters please stop buying it, so we can get some here in rural PA! LOL

Jud, Yoder, I’m with you fellers…love BT. 2nd favorite pour behind Stagg Jr.

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
I just had a great idea…all the BT haters please stop buying it, so we can get some here in rural PA! LOL

Doc_Holidude

Local store here[.gov operated] has a line every time BT arrives.

I wouldn't use "hate" so much as "others preferred"

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well dang, if you’re that close to the Bourbon Trail and there’s a line for BT there, ain’t no wonder we can’t get it up here. Between demand and distribution corruption, we are skeeerewed!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Everyone's mileage will vary. For example, I was excited to find a bottle of Larceny on the shelf, and was underwhelmed at the contents. That will happen with some from time to time. Nothing worth pouring out, but not worth picking up another bottle either.

I also find that neck pours, esp from higher proofs are not the be all, end all of the bottle, and generally try to let bottles sit after that. I have a barrel pick KC single barrel 120 proof from Timmons in Rapid City opened and sitting now and I'm thinking it should be about to reveal itself in 30 days or so.

I participated in a barrel pick of Buffalo Trace at my local liquor store last year. The distillery sent out three samples. One was ghastly (honestly a drain pour), one was unbelievably good, and one was so/so. We of course picked B and it arrived in bottles about the first of the year. It was just as fantastic then as it was in May. Better than the Col Taylor I had open at the time. Just fantastic. So yes, Buffalo Trace can vary from bottle to bottle.

For what its worth.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here it is.

20+ years ago we really liked this. Not sure if they are making it at the remodeled facility or not.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 06/21/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Yoder409
I'd be i. But there's no Costco anywhere near here.

My two favorite, economical summer bourbons..........

$20 and $24 respectively.....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Both good, 4 roses has some great offerings.

Just picked up a bottle of Four Roses small batch, Friday, to replace the Elijah Craig, that died last night !

Time will tell ?

You just replaced a solid pour with a solid pour !!!

You done GOOD !!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude

Doc_Holidude

That's a stellar idea !!!!

I've not had a bad bottle of Buffalo Trace, yet. My favorite, though, is probably Eagle Rare.

What's the problem with taking a liking to a single barrel is that the next bottle is never guaranteed to be like the last. I'm a big Four Roses fan. Tried a bottle of 4R Single Barrel.................it sucked............alcohol forward on the nose and palate. Like rubbing alcohol.

The YMMV is a thing. Personal preferences vary. Batches of hooch with the same label vary.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Was at a restaurant[Tappas] a couple of weeks ago.
Another couple took us as a gift.

Bud said lets try some stuff!

I had 4 total pours, he had 5.
That and a couple of glasses of wine for the wimmens put our bar tab just north of $200

I would have been fine back at the house with my JB Devil's Cut or Elijah Craig

It was comical when he ordered a pour of Blantons.....on ice.
The owner just looked at him while shaking his head-NO

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing wrong with Devils Cut.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Judman
Wade, she got it at the Lacey Costco, it was under $30.

We need to have a drink sometime. 👊🏻

Snagged a bottle today, 18.99, Eureka Costco.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Couldn't resist.

Last edited by Deans; 06/21/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Everyone's mileage will vary. For example, I was excited to find a bottle of Larceny on the shelf, and was underwhelmed at the contents. That will happen with some from time to time. Nothing worth pouring out, but not worth picking up another bottle either.

I also find that neck pours, esp from higher proofs are not the be all, end all of the bottle, and generally try to let bottles sit after that. I have a barrel pick KC single barrel 120 proof from Timmons in Rapid City opened and sitting now and I'm thinking it should be about to reveal itself in 30 days or so.

I participated in a barrel pick of Buffalo Trace at my local liquor store last year. The distillery sent out three samples. One was ghastly (honestly a drain pour), one was unbelievably good, and one was so/so. We of course picked B and it arrived in bottles about the first of the year. It was just as fantastic then as it was in May. Better than the Col Taylor I had open at the time. Just fantastic. So yes, Buffalo Trace can vary from bottle to bottle.

For what its worth.

Better than E H Taylor is a pretty high bar, that had to be good! Only ever had small batch which I thought was very good. Had my grubby paws on a bottle of single barrel a few years ago, priced at $54…said I’ll swing by and get it tomorrow. GONE the next day! Would love to get a four grains bottle as well!

I guess I’ve been pretty lucky with BT and 4R single barrel…never had a bad bottle of either.

First genie bottle of Willets Pot Still reserve I ever bought had an atrocious neck pour, but aired out it got better, and while it’s not a top 5 pour for me, it’s like that kinda cute but geeky chick that hangs around all the parties, it gets hit on now and then.

Doc_Holidude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It'll work !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just don't post any fried/grilled walleye next to that bottle and all will be forgiven. wink

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford
Just don't post any fried/grilled walleye next to that bottle and all will be forgiven. wink

X2 !!!!

That would just be dirty pool and otherwise downright ignernt. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Indeed!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I got sick on Hiriam Walker Ten High on New Years 1964.

It a while before I, "got back on that horse".

laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am one that must have gotten a bad bottle of BT, do not plan on buying another.

Opened up a bottle of Wyoming Whiskey Bourbon last night. It was horrible when it first came out, but had read some reviews that it was better.

They are correct, it is better, still not good. Can not advise anyone to spend money on a bottle. Relegated to mixer status on the shelf.

Arcus Venator
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ha funny. Good info. Do you shop at the Timmons Markets in Rapid? I was super impressed with the shelves there.

I have not tried Colorado or Wyoming bourbon yet, I've had a couple of HighWest bottles tho. Fine, but I did not think it premium juice. I guess I have a Bourye sitting here unopened. I'd like to try that Midwinter night's dram sometime but never seen it on the shelf.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Costco here has the 4 roses small batch select from time to time and I find it to be fantastic.

Not cheap but reasonable for when I feel like something a little bit higher up on the shelf

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
448 members (1Longbow, 300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,211 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.