Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
YGBSM

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/9-out...enators-joined-democrats-on-gun-control/

How does one take money from the National Rifle Association before helping reign in arguably unconstitutional gun control? National Association for Gun Rights, a well-known Second Amendment advocacy group, is likely wondering exactly that after they pointed out that 9 out of the top 11 most NRA-funded Republican Senators joined forces with Democrats to pass a series of never-before-seen gun control at the federal level.

The National Association for Gun Rights aired their frustration with the recent news on Twitter.

“Would you look at that… 9 out of top 11 highest NRA funded US Senators voted FOR selling out your gun rights to the Democrats,” the group wrote online. “In other words this compromise was brought to you by the @NRA. Care to explain Wayne?”

The Second Amendment advocacy group shared a list pulled from a Newsweek report titled “Full List of Republican Senators Who Receive Funding From the NRA.”

Included in the list of Republican politicians taking massive sums of money from the NRA while still joining forces with the left on whittling down Second Amendment rights was Mitt Romney (Utah), Richard Burr (North Carolina), Roy Blunt (Missouri), Thom Tillis (North Carolina), Joni Ernst (Iowa), Rob Portman (Ohio), Todd C. Young (Indiana), Bill Cassidy (Louisiana), and Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania).

This news comes after a Texas Department of Public Safety director argued during a state Senate hearing that Uvalde police responding to the district’s recent school shooting could have ended the tragic incident in a mere 3 minutes as opposed to the full hour in which the shooting commenced.

“I don’t care if you have on flip-flops and Bermuda shorts, you go in,” Texas DPS Director Col. Steve McCraw told politicians during a testimony at a state Senate hearing.

Government workers within the city have also been no stranger to controversy; recent reports have also revealed that Uvalde’s government has hired private law firms in an attempt to stop further potential evidence of police misconduct during the heinous event from being released to the public.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some would argue that you spend money where the vote is most at risk and the RINOs are where you'd do that - see Mittens.

I'd argue that GOA or bust along with if the NRA continues to spend money with those idiots - then especially GOA or bust. Either way - the NRA is "combat ineffective" and doesn't deserve support at this point.

Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
Either way - the NRA is "combat ineffective" and doesn't deserve support at this point.

That's a great way of stating the futility of relying on NRA endorsements, and funding the NRA. The NRA needs to withdraw from politics and concentrate on shooting matches, hunting programs, and gun training/safety seminars.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Most of them had NRA A Rating..
Must have been very Important to those Malcontents to Mutiny..
Another thing The Derby Donkey named Mitch used 3 -4 Retiring Members which have no Skin in the Game..
Gelatin with his Bones ..

Roll Them or They Roll You

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
They follow the standard protocol of supporting republican incumbents. It's wrong of course but that's what they all do. The thinking is keep what you got and don't do anything to piss him off in case he wins, which will happen 90% of the time. Just try to convince them to go your way when the time comes. They won't most of the time unless it benefits them.

Trump has done it with the advise of his advisors to his dismay. He did pull his endorsement of Mo Brooks. It's a new era in that regard. They don't get a free ride anymore from Trump... I hope.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Roy Blunt from Missouri is retiring. He doesn't care who he pisses off with his vote.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Either way - the NRA is "combat ineffective" and doesn't deserve support at this point.

That's a great way of stating the futility of relying on NRA endorsements, and funding the NRA. The NRA needs to withdraw from politics and concentrate on shooting matches, hunting programs, and gun training/safety seminars.

The NRA is almost done for life in my household whether or not Wayne goes. It will be interesting to see how they do with this.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I couldn’t agree more.

Let GOA and others deal with the real lobbying. The NRA would do best by its members to get rid of the cheap Chinese trinkets and focus on the one thing that it’s always done pretty well, sanctioned shooting matches, supporting local gun clubs, self defenses classes, youth hunting programs ect.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Trump is in control...just ask Q and Jag!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by rainshot
They follow the standard protocol of supporting republican incumbents. It's wrong of course but that's what they all do. The thinking is keep what you got and don't do anything to piss him off in case he wins, which will happen 90% of the time. Just try to convince them to go your way when the time comes. They won't most of the time unless it benefits them.

Trump has done it with the advise of his advisors to his dismay. He did pull his endorsement of Mo Brooks. It's a new era in that regard. They don't get a free ride anymore from Trump... I hope.

What ya Got in Alabama is a Candidate which was Shelby Chief of Staff ..
It’s just another Mule in The Derby Donkey named Mitch’s Stable ..
I laughed when she touted
“America wants New Blood” in her Victory Speech she’s already lying to US ..
Beastie..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why would anyone support the NRA?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA rating system probably meant something back when there was still blue dog Democrats. Today the rating system is a completely useless joke that comes down to a rubber stamp A or A+ rating for just about every Republican.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I once wrote WL a letter giving himself piece of my mind when they moved to the new location .
The money that was wasted that could have been used to keep politicians in line .
Then as time went on I fell into the trap of “they are the biggest dog in the fight” B.S. and felt bad about what I had said , soon after upgrading membership .
In the last few years it has become apparent that the letter was justified .
Not only to him but the NRA as a whole .
I guess dealing with politicians day in and day out perhaps him and others saw just how far this ship had sunk before many were aware we were taking on water .
Or maybe he was rotten from the get go .
I don’t actually know .
But I do know the media and politicians have played a well scripted play that made standing tall difficult.
I also know he over padded his and others lifestyle a bit heavy .
Kenneth

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
I heard 6 of these azzholes are not running again so theres our wonderful republicans for us. Why I despise everyone in government currently!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

I couldn’t agree more.

Let GOA and others deal with the real lobbying. The NRA would do best by its members to get rid of the cheap Chinese trinkets and focus on the one thing that it’s always done pretty well, sanctioned shooting matches, supporting local gun clubs, self defenses classes, youth hunting programs ect.

Say the NRA dropped the politics and focused on the other - how much support would they receive? I bet their funding would drop by 1/2 or more.

I've yet to meet someone who supported the NRA because of the "other" - 100% gave them money to fight politicians, not to do the camps/matches, magazines or training etc. I'd contend an NRA match only has cache because of their political work. They drop the political work and WGAF if it's NRA sanctioned or not - some other sanctioning body would do just fine. All my competitive shooting was shotguns. Sporting Clays and trap - I don't remember an "NRA Sporting Clays Tournament" - that is sanctioned by them and record keeping by them. It was all NSCA, ATA, FITASC etc. NRA as a sanctioning body didn't matter in the least - I would bet the same would happen if that's all they had.

I mean - I know of no one who seeks out an instructor because they're NRA qualified - they seek out good people who happen to have it but it's not the deciding factor for it.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I couldn’t agree more.

Say the NRA dropped the politics and focused on the other - how much support would they receive? I bet their funding would drop by 1/2 or more.

I've yet to meet someone who supported the NRA because of the "other" - 100% gave them money to fight politicians, not to do the camps/matches, magazines or training etc. I'd contend an NRA match only has cache because of their political work. They drop the political work and WGAF if it's NRA sanctioned or not - some other sanctioning body would do just fine. All my competitive shooting was shotguns. Sporting Clays and trap - I don't remember an "NRA Sporting Clays Tournament" - that is sanctioned by them and record keeping by them. It was all NSCA, ATA, FITASC etc. NRA as a sanctioning body didn't matter in the least - I would bet the same would happen if that's all they had.

I mean - I know of no one who seeks out an instructor because they're NRA qualified - they seek out good people who happen to have it but it's not the deciding factor for it.
Agreed.

I get all of that from a practical standpoint. My post above was more of an ideal situation the role that the NRA would be best suited for scenario and going back more to there roots. Realistically it wouldn’t work for the reasons that you outlined.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I couldn’t agree more.

Agreed.

I get all of that from a practical standpoint. My post above was more of an in ideal situation the role that the NRA would be best suited for scenario. Realistically it wouldn’t work for the reasons that you outlined.

I think they hold onto the politics until they're just 3 guys in a closet talking about the "good old days" - NRA is nothing without it and they're learning quickly, they're nothing with it. How long for the membership to learn?

Me

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My money goes to GOA. Haven't been a member of NRA for quite a few years now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I couldn’t agree more.

Agreed.

I get all of that from a practical standpoint. My post above was more of an in ideal situation the role that the NRA would be best suited for scenario. Realistically it wouldn’t work for the reasons that you outlined.

I think they hold onto the politics until they're just 3 guys in a closet talking about the "good old days" - NRA is nothing without it and they're learning quickly, they're nothing with it. How long for the membership to learn?
I’m a lifetime member and would love to see the NRA turn into something useful but I’m not sure that it will ever happen.

The NRA sponsors a local youth pheasant preserve shoots near where I live and does a lot of other good things across the country at the club level in exchange for clubs requiring NRA membership. That partnership worked out well when most believed that the NRA was an effective and legit gun rights watchdog and lobbying group. Between the NRA’s corruption within and the sleazy way that they play games with NRA ratings and backing red flag laws they have no credibility left.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Roy Blunt from Missouri is retiring. He doesn't care who he pisses off with his vote.

These retiring rinos need to be drug out of their hooch and beaten, putting the rest of them on notice that this is what happens to you when you sell out your constituency.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,648
Posts18,455,427
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.