Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GaranDismal,

Cite your contrived chambering/projectile,along with throat/COAL/RPM particulars,if only to rub your nose further in your own STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'd be REAL careful. HINT.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Not that you didn't have to steal a pic for "your" avatar. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There is zero downside to BC and the game tastes the same - assumes you get the game when your wind call was off and the softball you shot goes 16 inches into the guts instead of the lungs.

Me

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Teal
To a hunting rifle and marksman... BC's are so much barbie doll clothes.

Enjoy them, if that's your thing.

The game will taste the same, regardless.

Even w/ good ole flat-based PSP bullets.

GR

Given where Stick hunts - literally 1/2 the time/days during hunting season, they see winds greater than 17mph. BC and wind drift are a concern. Over 20 days a month with wind speeds over 12 mph. At range - it matters.

I’ll take all the cheat I can within reason.

BC - doesn't replace marksmanship.

The game will taste the same.

GR

No. It sure doesn’t. Never inferred that. But you knew that.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There is zero downside to BC and the game tastes the same - assumes you get the game when your wind call was off and the softball you shot goes 16 inches into the guts instead of the lungs.

You’re pissing in the wind brother. That fella has either never shot in a breeze or is just defending ol faithful. Arguing to be less lethal is a new one for me.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To a hunting rifle and marksman... BC's are so much barbie doll clothes.

Enjoy them, if that's your thing.

The game will taste the same, regardless.

Even w/ good ole flat-based PSP bullets.

GR

Given where Stick hunts - literally 1/2 the time/days during hunting season, they see winds greater than 17mph. BC and wind drift are a concern. Over 20 days a month with wind speeds over 12 mph. At range - it matters.

I’ll take all the cheat I can within reason.

BC - doesn't replace marksmanship.

The game will taste the same.

GR

No. It sure doesn’t. Never inferred that. But you knew that.

True enough.

GR

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If the difference in BC determines a hit or miss?

... then you are no longer hunting.

You are simply shooting... irresponsibly... at game.

GR

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GaranDismal,

I'm VERY "surprised" at your silence. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

GR

That's just not correct.

You either haven't shot even at mid range distance in much wind or are just trying to stir the pot.

If it's to simply to argue, carry on. If it's ignorance, you may want to stop, you are in over your head

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Is anything that a 6.5 queermore can do that a 280ai can't, besides fit into a short action?

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dude270

GR

That's just not correct.

You either haven't shot even at mid range distance in much wind or are just trying to stir the pot.

If it's to simply to argue, carry on. If it's ignorance, you may want to stop, you are in over your head

On the contrary.

Hunt to 300 yds. regularly, and 400 yds. and a little further on occasion... in all wind conditions.

What is the wind difference, of known BC, at 400 yds.?

Or drop, for that matter?

GR

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TrueSchit,

Your keyboard is slurring,as you espouse your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BC - is a placebo for marksmanship.

GR

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GaranDismal,

You are doing fhuqking "great!"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Google on,you Amazingly CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Not that you didn't have to steal a pic for "your" avatar. Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is the wind difference, of known BC, at 400 yds.?

Or drop, for that matter?

Need some help w/ this one?

BC - is a placebo for marksmanship.

GR

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GranDismal,

You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks are a hoot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

338-Twat-Six with 250gr Barnes Solid's KNOWN BC of .247 G1. Drop also KNOWN. Impact velocity also KNOWN and all factored by BC. Hint.

Flipside,with same rifle,same weight projectile,same launch speed,same atmosphere and same 100yd zero. The only fhuqking difference,being BC,as applied to a 250 Skinner and it's .322 G7 designator of same. 'Course a G7 drag function designator,is effectively 50% of the G1 value and now even you "know". KNOWN BC. Drop also KNOWN. Impact velocity also KNOWN and all factored by BC. Hint.

250 Skinner magfed Smooches,are rather Skookum. You might wanna gawk drop,impact velocity,"energy" and even time of flight,then factor how BC is/was the only change. Hint.

Google on,you Amazingly CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
After listening to Stick rant about the 180 ELDM, I built a 280 AI, using Lapua brass, throated for the 180g ELDM, IMR 7828, FEd 210....Shocked is an understatement on 400 and 550 yard targets. Deer and Hogs collapse on the spot...

A Real World lesson BC...Something you just have to see to believe! The load is worth building a rifle around, and small groups abound, near and far!

Thanks Stick!

Last edited by keith; 06/22/22.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The Added weight of the 280 counts…. I built my 280 AI a while back, and she likes them hot…

I had a 270 and it likes 140 grain bullets but it couldn’t get them up there… the wider hole in the 280 does a lot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Twatscooter,

Your sheer and utter CLUELESSNESS,is simply fhuqking AMAZING...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

A diameter "difference" equal to (2) fhuqking layers of Scotch Tape,can NOT,will NOT and assuredly do NOT "skew" terminal effects. Hint.

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I lusted after one hard in the 90's. Never built one. Later, wiser lol - I have no interest.

If I was married to a 7mm (I'm not) - I don't know why I'd go 150 grain. I'd be 162 Amax or if needing/wanting some other construction or speed 120 TTSX and it would be 7-08. Modest even more on powder and great Lapua brass available. When/should I shoot out the barrel on my Montana - it's going to be duped but 6.5 Creed to replace it though.

I mentioned 150’s (and heavier) has this gun would take over where the 6.5 ends,

I have the creed, all set there, 127 LRX and 140 BERGERS.

looking for a gap between the 6.5 and my .30 cals.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

GR

I somewhat agree with you, The shots at game I’ve missed, the miss had little to do with some little 3 digit number.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 31 invisible), 1,947 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.