-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The NRA might do good things for shooting sports but they have been ineffective at influencing legislation. When tneir lobbying efforts failed they should have filed lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of that legislation. I am afraid the time for that has passed now and we will never regain what we have lost.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm a Life Member of the NRA and while I'm not happy with WLP I believe the NRA does much more good than harm. They give my shooting ranges a bunch of money for equipment and range maintenance for holding shooting matches. I will look at GOA.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I'm a life (actually benefactor) member of the NRA. I've given them a lot of money.

Now, whenever i receive a solicitation, I write on it that i will be glad to consider giving again when WLP is fired, and I mail it in their stamped enclosed envelope. I wonder what the employees getting these think.

Incidentally, Ohio is a very gun friendly state. Rob Portman is not running again. J.D. Vance, endorsed by Trump, won the Republican primary.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
No surprises in that group.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let dat sinknin !

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But all of them are "better than the Democrats"... right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NRA supported Harry Reid nothing new here.

They might help a gun range as they stab gun owners in the back.

People need to figure it out

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Westman
My money goes to GOA. Haven't been a member of NRA for quite a few years now.

Same. I did the $105 for a 3 year NRA membership a few times. When Waynes BS came to light, I joined GOA. I give them $25 a month, every month. GOA is a pitbull on 2A rights. I feel it is money well spent.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Backstabbing republicans. The takeover of the country is almost complete. Soon it our federal government will look like California's.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Teal & Gonehuntin: I disagree with your assessment - without the National Rifle Association you'all, and I, would have lost all of our Second Amendment Rights 30 - 40 years ago - PERIOD!
I do agree, that of recent, the National Rifle Association has been turning toshit at a rapid and offensive rate.
And I say this as a 57 year "Life Member" and for some time an "Endowment Member" of the National Rifle Association.
There does need to be a "house-cleaning" of upper management at the National Rifle Association.
Again, without the nationwide political clout and lobbying powers of the National Rifle Association in the past, we would have LONG ago lost ALL of our Second Amendment Rights.
I just hope the National Rifle Association will get back to intensely protecting our Second Amendment Rights and less galavanting and clothes shopping!
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm an endowment member of the NRA and gave my son a lifetime membership when he was 2 years old. I don't support the NRA anymore and will be pushing to have my local gun range stop their support as well. I send GOA money periodically and just sent them $100 last week. They're the only ones that ever take any real action to help fight the war on our rights. I'll be sending them more $$ now....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NRA is a good example of if you tell a lie loud enough, and long enough, people will continue to believe you even when the lies become obvious.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Do you think that this is one more reason to change the leadership of the NRA? They are supporting candidates that they know can win, instead of the best candidate.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Teal & Gonehuntin: I disagree with your assessment - without the National Rifle Association you'all, and I, would have lost all of our Second Amendment Rights 30 - 40 years ago - PERIOD!
I do agree, that of recent, the National Rifle Association has been turning toshit at a rapid and offensive rate.
And I say this as a 57 year "Life Member" and for some time an "Endowment Member" of the National Rifle Association.
There does need to be a "house-cleaning" of upper management at the National Rifle Association.
Again, without the nationwide political clout and lobbying powers of the National Rifle Association in the past, we would have LONG ago lost ALL of our Second Amendment Rights.
I just hope the National Rifle Association will get back to intensely protecting our Second Amendment Rights and less galavanting and clothes shopping!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Critical part bolded.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Critical part bolded.
The NRA overall has done more good than harm IMO. For a lot of years the only organization with a national profile was the NRA and they’re universally hated by the left for a reason. The NRA is corrupt from the top down and sold some 2A rights down the river and it’s inexcusable but we’ve retained more of our right because of the NRA than what we would have without the NRA.

That doesn’t fit into a convenient black or white box but most of life is nuances. I can’t disagree that the NRA’s hay day was the 1980’s-1990’s. Times have changed and other organizations have evolved the NRA besides being corrupt seems like a relic.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Looking Forward…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Critical part bolded.
You all must not know about the NRA's support for GCA68 or helping draft gun laws in 1934

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,352 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.