Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Well if you don't have an Inferiority complex, my post wasn't addressing you.

However your defensiveness is telling.....................

P.s. if you need cardboard I could send you some...I appreciate your cherry picked "groups" too lol.

Handy, I have some shît groups too. From a new rifle that sucked, and was sent tripping down the road immediately.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If a rifle won’t produce consistent 1 MOA all day, everyday. It’s either gone, or gets gun plumbed until it’s corrected.

Back to shooting a 300 RUM. You afraid you’ll get bit by one? If you know how to properly shoot a rifle, you don’t worry about such things.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10

P.s. if you need cardboard I could send you some...I appreciate your cherry picked "groups" too lol.

Handy, I have some shît groups too. From a new rifle that sucked, and was sent tripping down the road immediately.

If a rifle won’t produce consistent 1 MOA all day, everyday. It’s either gone, or gets gun plumbed until it’s corrected.

Back to shooting a 300 RUM. You afraid you’ll get bit by one? If you know how to properly shoot a rifle, you don’t worry about such things.

Lol

🦫

I have no need for one. Blue whales and mastodon aren't on my to kill list.

I'm a strange guy. I just pick the tool for the job...and I also don't have an Inferiority complex.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 06/22/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Lol

🦫

I'm a strange guy. I just pick the tool for the job...and I also don't have an Inferiority complex.

You are definitely a strange guy...Maybe stop acting like a woman all the time, and you’ll pull out of that Vaginitis funk you’re always suffering from.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

Lol

🦫

You are definitely a strange guy...Maybe stop acting like a woman all the time, and you’ll pull out of that Vaginitis funk you’re always suffering from.

🦫

Rich......says BEAVER lol.

Again with Inferiority complex....let's be honest here, you're just a dumbphucck.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 06/22/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many of us spend a good bit of time shooting stuff under 400lbs and also appreciate the 6.5’s ballistic efficiency, factory acceptance, ammo/component availability, and moderate recoil, as those factors equate to more shooting time in more scenarios, which is a good thing. Some hate that it’s popular, some hate that it’s not a big magnum, some hate that it’s Version 3.0 of their beloved 6.5 concept, and some just see it for what it is and use the damned thing. I held off on accepting the 9mm Luger for years, for many of the same reasons the Creedmoor haters hate that round, but I came around because it makes the most sense in many instances.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
There's nothing wrong with the Creed. If I had an empty safe and were shopping for my first ground squrrel to deer rifle, the Creed would be an acceptable choice.

But since the safe already contains rifles in 243, 6mm-284, 25-06, 7mm-08, 264 Win mag, and three chambered in 260 Rem. And all the associated reloading equipment and brass is already on the bench. There is no justification for a Creed at my house.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
There's nothing wrong with the Creed. If I had an empty safe and were shopping for my first ground squrrel to deer rifle, the Creed would be an acceptable choice.

But since the safe already contains rifles in 243, 6mm-284, 25-06, 7mm-08, 264 Win mag, and three chambered in 260 Rem. And all the associated reloading equipment and brass is already on the bench. There is no justification for a Creed at my house.

This is the best observation of the lack of need for the Creedmoor landslide. The Creedmoor was developed for a very specific shooting discipline, which it does cover, but the following and endorsements of it are way beyond what it deserves for a hunting cartridge…

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
The Creed is fun to shoot, best thing about it!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
The Creed is fun to shoot, best thing about it!!

Maybe you should try a 17 Hornet. It and a bunch of other varmint cartridges are fun to shoot hundreds of rounds, all day long…

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JPro
Many of us spend a good bit of time shooting stuff under 400lbs and also appreciate the 6.5’s ballistic efficiency, factory acceptance, ammo/component availability, and moderate recoil, as those factors equate to more shooting time in more scenarios, which is a good thing. Some hate that it’s popular, some hate that it’s not a big magnum, some hate that it’s Version 3.0 of their beloved 6.5 concept, and some just see it for what it is and use the damned thing. I held off on accepting the 9mm Luger for years, for many of the same reasons the Creedmoor haters hate that round, but I came around because it makes the most sense in many instances.
Up Ho God forbid someone to comment with common sense.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by blindshooter
A couple of us high power shooters were using 6.5-08 (.260R) and thought just shorting the case would work better with 142 Sierra's for 300yd where we had to use the magazine. So next barrel we held the reamer back .08 and shortened some dies. The case capacity is almost exactly what Dennis Demille and Hornady came up with in the 6.5 Creedmoor. Its funny, he was shooting a match at Camp Butner at the same time we were just starting to use our 6.5-08 short.

We had piles of .308 brass to play with so why not use it. Made a bunch of brass with a dillon power trimmer.

I’m sorry, can you repeat -
Camp BUTTner?

Sure, look here. One of the best places to compete in high power rifle matches on the east coast.
Camp Butner NC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel

This is the best observation of the lack of need for the Creedmoor landslide. The Creedmoor was developed for a very specific shooting discipline, which it does cover, but the following and endorsements of it are way beyond what it deserves for a hunting cartridge…

Yes Sir, most folks don't know how it came about. Designed for a shooting game, not so much live game.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cross
In summary, the 6.5 Creedmoor is great for deer and antelope but its been way oversold and real rifle guys are sick of the hype.. if you show up in my elk camp with one and aren't a little kid, a woman, or disabled, you can pack your igrorant ass back to town with your wee rifle and maybe make a few stock trades, call the signifant other and discuss the chances of Gavin in 2024.

Cross

The comedic ignorance in this forum gets better and better with each passing day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Tell that to ScenarShooter.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have killed and seen some good sized critters killed, with the 6.5 Creed, including the fabled Rocky Mountain Elk, that everyone knows are bullet proof, don't knock it if you haven't tried it. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Can't really argue with that logic, as many existing shooters/hunters already had their bases covered when the Creedmoor came on the scene. Notwithstanding the esoteric matters like reamer prints, throating geometry, brass quality, and the like, some just don't want to participate in the current "Me Too" movement of the shooting/outdoor crowd that is made up of Vortex, Creedmoor, Glock, and Yeti. wink

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
IT Rarely comes out of the safe anymore, so I had to do something and that was to turn it into a varmint rifle. So now I shoot 85gr Sierra HPs and 95 gr Vmax's at 3500-3600 fps and it has found it's purpose in life.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I don't give a [bleep] what anyone thinks about what I shoot or what I shoot at! 6.5CM is much like any other round.
Put it in the right spot and it's deadly.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yup. The 6.5CM works just fine.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It must feel mighty powerful to go through life thinking that you know what others are thinking!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

705 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 160user, 16Racing, 65 invisible), 3,099 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,147
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.