Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Big win for Second Amendment advocates from the Supreme Court of the United States!
Turn on your telie.
Hallelujah.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: 6 to 3!

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
All: I am so happy about this 6 to 3 decision that I am going to pack up some guns (a couple of Varmint Rifles and a couple of Varmint pistols) and go shooting as the sun is coming out and up.
The dimwitted twit/twat demonrat Governor of New York is stuttering and stammering now in a live TV press conference - the horrible look on her face looks like she is schitting a pineapple!
She can kiss my Second Amendment loving ass!
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The left wing media types are losing their minds over this! The whole concept of trusting the citizen unless there is a compelling reason not to, is just too much for them to take. Beautiful. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ruling is gonna shove a lot of Liberals politicians heads up their asses, along with their “You can’t carry a legally concealed firearm into a public place legislation.

Oregon, and their metropolitan cities, school districts, and liberal sanctuaries can ESAD.

Fûck You Oregon Liberals!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It really paid off for the lefties to threaten The Supreme Court members.Gonna haunt them for years.Wait until the SC tells them Red Flag laws are illegal.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a great deal of faith that the Noo Yawk damyankees are already planning a work-around to keep their serfs from being able to defend themselves, while the politically connected elite can still bribe their way into carrying, just like they always have. Ditto for the rest of the deep blue areas!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
It really paid off for the lefties to threaten The Supreme Court members.Gonna haunt them for years.Wait until the SC tells them Red Flag laws are illegal.
I believe they already said 9-0 that red flag laws are unconstitutional. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What I find amazing is that people talk about activist judges, those who view the constitution based on their own personal political positions, not what the constitution actually says. Here's a perfect example from Breyer

"In a dissent, Justice Stephen Breyer mentioned recent mass shootings in Uvalde, Texas, Buffalo, N.Y., and elsewhere, saying it is "often necessary" for the court to consider gun violence in deciding Second Amendment issues"

No, it's not necessary, what's necessary is making sure that laws passed by states with the intention to limit our constitutional rights are corrected when they trample on our freedoms. I'm thrilled for the win but disgusted by the arrogance of those who think they are in the right to deny us our God given rights of freedom!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I have a great deal of faith that the Noo Yawk damyankees are already planning a work-around to keep their serfs from being able to defend themselves, while the politically connected elite can still bribe their way into carrying, just like they always have. Ditto for the rest of the deep blue areas!

Senators from TX, KY, NC, SC, LA, MO, WV voted for the gun bill with Dems - seems like the south has their own issues too...

Me

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Teal
Senators from TX, KY, NC, SC, LA, MO, WV voted for the gun bill with Dems - seems like the south has their own issues too...

RINO hunting season opens in November- - - - -classified as vermin, no bag limit!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
a welcome surprise, but I am guessing the State of NY will just give the SCOTUS the finger and change nothing

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Redneck Rinos!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
135 page decision from Justice Thomas can be found here:

https://www.scribd.com/document/579431900/SCOTUS-NY-CARRY-RULING

Justice Thomas writes:

“New York's proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense.

In keeping with Heller, we hold that when the Second Amendment's plain text covers an individual's conduct, the Constitution presumptively protects that conduct. To justify its regulation, the government may not simply posit that the regulation promotes an important interest."

This will have far a reaching effect on ALL TYPES of government attempts to erode the second amendment by mindless regulation of firearms, i.e., high capacity magazine bans, assault weapon bans, etc ... because as Justice Thomas writes, “To justify its regulation, the government may not simply posit that the regulation promotes an important interest."

A GOOD DAY FOR THE CONSTITUTION!

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
So is this going to make it illegal for a state to deny an unconstitutional in the first place carry permit to anyone who can pass a background check?

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Today will forever be known as the day NY f'ed around and found out.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
As it should be.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

Tom Tillis and Richard Burr, they can go FT

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Suck it New York... oh wait they like that up there..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The left will impose whatever, ignore whatever, and the cops will go right along with them…wanna bet ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
The left will impose whatever, ignore whatever, and the cops will go right along with them…wanna bet ?
. The SCOTUS has no enforcement power, and the folks that are supposed to enforce this were long ago co-opted by the anti gun crowd. NY will drag its feet, talk about some sort of compliance, and change nothing.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,282
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.