Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by greydog
I like the Weatherby cartridge, in a 700, simply due to the longer neck which allows more latitude in seating without seating below the neck/shoulder juncture.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind. First, if chambering for either cartridge, the length of the throat can be whatever you want it to be; assuming you have the capability. With this being the case, magazine length might be more important than anything else. Modern, high BC bullets are long but their bearing surface is not always all that long. So it is that the shorter 300 Win Mag might work better simply because the neck is further from the front of the magazine.
Another way to look at it is this: the location of the bullet in the magazine is a given; lets say 1/16" from the front of the box. This is as long as you can seat it. This means, if you want to be able to touch the lands, the distance from the bolt face to the lands is predetermined. The point is; you can cut either chamber to provide this length. The 300 Win Mag will be throated long and the 300 Weatherby will be throated short.
Now, if you do this, the Weatherby, because of its longer neck, will allow you to seat shorter bullets out further to touch, or, at least approach, the lands. This is important only if you want to shoot a shorter bullet. Not everyone is concerned only about BC.
As far as achievable velocity is concerned, the Weatherby will have a slight edge simply because it is a little bigger. But it won't amount to a lot.
I have to confess that I dislike the 300 Win Mag because I think the design of the cartridge is just dumb and I don't like the short neck. Because he also has a short neck. 'Stick isn't bothered by this and, in fact, embraces it as a positive attribute (this takes some mental gymnastics). GD

Short is an endearing word for him. If you lived your entire life and had to stare up at someones crotch all day you would suffer from the same issues he has.

BP-B6

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
This schit is funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

What Imaginary Pretend bullet are you going to use in a 10" RPM 300 Wby,that you "can't" in a 12" RPM version of same? What is the COAL of said delusion and upon which receiver? HINT.

It's plum handy to keep ogives above case mouths ladies. Your sheer and utter fhuqking STUPIDITY,is simply fhuqking magnificent in it's grandeur. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................

I’m not using anything that twist will even matter. Nothing about this whole thing makes any sense from a practical standpoint. Just looking to buy something.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buy a Vudoo 22LR barreled action from MHS,stock it as per whim and actually fhuqking finally learn sumptin'. Hint.

MHS Vudoo RINK

The ONLY reason this schit is soooooooooo fhuqking HILARIOUS,is because you gals were/are doing your BEST. Hint.

Don't be in such a haste to dismiss the virtues,of ACTUALLY fhuqking shooting. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm always torn on which is fhuqking funnier,the Excuses or the STUPIDITY?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Now if only in "fairness",I've only had a brace of STW's(26" and 27" on 700's). Beings full length H&H based,they too suffer from the same plight as a 300 Wby,with the collective COAL bane and recoil increase for naught. Why? Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyy fhuqking more than headstamps,to the perpetual chagrin of Melting Snowflakes everywhere. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Pass the 7mm Rem and .838 BC magfed Smooches. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

JFC ! friggin wHorenady bullets of all turds, in the 7mm Rem Almost Magnum that barely squirts a 195-197 gr bullet out at 2900 fps, the headstamps that YOU have don't matter, ya .... my headstamp sends the 195-197's at 3300 fps ....

but.. I still prefer the 8mm .900 bc bullets at 3200 fps, now that is good for 1 mile moose hunting

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
300 PRC?

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
300 Weatherby IF you reload and ANYTHING BUT a 700 action. well, or a Salvage 110

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WhoreHey!,

I find more empties in a typical load of laundry,than you've "made" in your "Life"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Go big or stay on the porch.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
i have owned,shot and reloaded both of these 2 cartridges 300 Win. mag and the 300 Weatherby mag. ,1st i don`t enjoy the recoil of either much anymore ,both are good cartridges but my choice if i had to pick one of these two would be the 300 Win.mag. for a price wish reason : someone gave me over 500 new seal team primed cases and over 500 seal team cases once fired cases too . and i also over the years got given at least a 1,000 Nosler partition bullets and 1,000`s more of other brand bullets,a few 8 lb. kegs ,magnum primers too. but to be honest i would rather use my 257 Weatherby mag. because less recoil ,less headachs and kills what i hunt for just fine.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BUM,

The relative sizing of your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS,needn't be broadcast(as it's no "secret"),but it were a Hilarious touch...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Watch out for that barbed-wire,it's "tricky"! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WhoreHey!,

I find more empties in a typical load of laundry,than you've "made" in your "Life"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Hey look at that. New material ! I like it

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DooshMike,

You are sucking the wrong ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
300 WSM - my personal limit for .30 cal magnums these days.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
BUM,

The relative sizing of your sheer and utter fhuqking CLUELESSNESS,needn't be broadcast(as it's no "secret"),but it were a Hilarious touch...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Watch out for that barbed-wire,it's "tricky"! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for bringing your hilarity and ridiculousness to the thread.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No matter whether 308,'06,300 Whizzum,300 Winny or Weatherby...the 30's fall flat in extrapolation,if only because bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Hint.

Though in fairness,I've currently only got 300 Whizzum's from 24 to 30-inch. Hint.

One atop,the other. Hint.

The 7 Whizzum,simply crushes same. Hint.................

BUM,

I was here,long before you and pardon my breaking trail as you flounder HILARIOUSLY from behind...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good lord, everybody should know that the .308 Norma Mag is perfect.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DooshMike,

You are sucking the wrong ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No I can't even afford that. I need a co signer

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 300 Normie has long been a nice chambering,but remains fraught with the bane(s) of other's,in said bore size. It's Kryptonite being...7mm projectiles. Hint.(grin)

A .308" 230gr Beer Can will nip at .284" 190gr heels,but it takes the .308" to surpass same. Once in that realm,the increase in mass do no favors to velocity and it's uphill both ways for all things 30cal,though a better effort than most and possible. 700 mag confines,being a courteous assumption. Hint.

Mechanics matter,to the chagrin of Droolers everywhere. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

DooshMike,

You never have,or will...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That being said,I'd not wish to swipe your DREAMS,because that would be mean. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have both 300’s on the 700 action. Both are accurate with 200 partitions and RE 26. I imagine the velocity difference is >100 fps. The 300 Weatherby was easier to get accurate loads. But in the end it was only a little more accurate than the Winchester.
If I had to choose between what I own, it would be the Weatherby.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bummer,

The .308" 200gr NPT is a WHOPPING piece of fhuqking schit and "boasts" a BC wellllllll shy of a 155 Skinner,in like diameter. Hint.

'Course the Skinner will outdig 'em too. Hint.

You gals REALLY "know" your "stuff"! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.