24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To be honest after wading through the BS on this thread, it matters little which one is recommended in the end. As the OP has stated, he just wants a new rifle and who are we to discourage that line of thought? In fact, this whole site is built on guys buying new stuff and bragging or bagging on it all day long...

My thought is- if you're wanting to get a new rifle, why limit yourself to the two you suggested as they are so close in performance for all intended purposes? Looking around for something a little different that would still get the job done would be the route to take if it were me. Define your needs for the rifle- shooting pop cans at 50 yards? or 500 yards? Hunting at 150 yards? or 1500 yards? Do you reload? How far do you want to carry it all day long? And, probably the most important factor- how much do you want to spend?

No need to bring the discussion to this site if you don't want to, but it does make for colorful conversation... and even though Big Stick has a knack for riling up the natives here, don't discount what he has to say without thorough examination... he lives for this stuff as anyone can easily see...

But, to keep in the spirit of this thread- if it were me I would think seriously about going with a big 7 - 7 RUM, 28 Nosler, 7 Rem Mag, or something similar in a platform with the fewest constraints for experimentation. Big bullets need big mag boxes and the proper freebore, and usually long barrels. That would be my starting point...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
BP-B6

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 300 Normie has long been a nice chambering,but remains fraught with the bane(s) of other's,in said bore size. It's Kryptonite being...7mm projectiles. Hint.(grin)

A .308" 230gr Beer Can will nip at .284" 190gr heels,but it takes the .308" to surpass same. Once in that realm,the increase in mass do no favors to velocity and it's uphill both ways for all things 30cal,though a better effort than most and possible. 700 mag confines,being a courteous assumption. Hint.

Mechanics matter,to the chagrin of Droolers everywhere. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

DooshMike,

You never have,or will...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That being said,I'd not wish to swipe your DREAMS,because that would be mean. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

🤡

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ONLY Clueless Fhuqks start a Thread such as this and ONLY to garner "approval" that their STUPIDITY is "embraced". They do NOT want anything other than a Group Hug and Facts matter less than none. Droolers clamor for "endorsement" and it's a Fhuqking Retard Roundup,as the gals can attest to,if only obliviously. Hint.

NONE of these Stupid Fhuqks "shoot" anything other than their mouths and Imaginations and beating that drum in unison,soothes 'em. I'm rather at ease in musing what do what and more importantly why,if only because not all reading same are Professional "Victims". The astute will garner same,act in accordance and simply connect dots by literal default. Why?!? It can go NO other way. Hint.(grin)

The OP is coming to terms with her CLUELESSNESS and at least that's a step forward. If only again...Vudoo to the rescue,if only because I shoot it all and then some. Not that I don't enjoy CLUELESS Crying Karens poking their heads in the sand. Hint.

Reupold RULES,for Rife! Hint. Raughing!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Spent primers remain The SUPREME Tutorial and it ain't "difficult",to savvy who do and don't. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
.300 Wby would be my choice.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dre
300 PRC?
In terms of today's bullets and knowledge, the 300 PRC is a far better design than either the 300 Win Mag or 300 Weatherby. You have the right length case for the long bullets, the increased capacity of the 300 Weatherby for velocity, a reasonable length neck, correct shoulder angle to reduce case stretching and no useless belt.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
90% of hunters do 90% of their shooting under 300 yds, so all this BC claptrap is utter bovine excrement. Someone here clings to it like the holy grail of the universe and sprays his toxicity on all who approach (willfully or not) his infinite wisdom.

A 165 TTSX out of a .30 cal magnum works wonders for 95% of one's hunting needs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are those in a perpetrual haste,to follow their Cluelessness,like it were a Beacon Of Hope. It ain't. Hint.

Why? Mechanics simply fhuqking matter,whether Droolers "understand" or not. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I'd submit a 22LR would suffice for 95% of tableshare,but of course I'm "jaded"...because I actullay fhuqking shoot. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
90% of hunters do 90% of their shooting under 300 yds, so all this BC claptrap is utter bovine excrement. Someone here clings to it like the holy grail of the universe and sprays his toxicity on all who approach (willfully or not) his infinite wisdom.

A 165 TTSX out of a .30 cal magnum works wonders for 95% of one's hunting needs.
I agree that there needs to be adequate consideration of terminal performance as well as bc. The ideal bullet for 600 yards is not necessarily the ideal bullet for up to 300 yards, which is the longest distance the majority of hunters can and do shoot.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There are those in a perpetrual haste,to follow their Cluelessness,like it were a Beacon Of Hope. It ain't. Hint.

Why? Mechanics simply fhuqking matter,whether Droolers "understand" or not. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I'd submit a 22LR would suffice for 95% of tableshare,but of course I'm "jaded"...because I actullay fhuqking shoot. Hint.

The bc is crap on those 22LR projectiles, they die after 80 yards.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

That is probably true in your neck of the woods and others here also, but for those of us who hunt where these things matter, these discussions are pretty helpful. I would say that lately 50% of my opportunities have been beyond 300 yards, and some of them are far beyond that mark... knowing a little about BC, ballistics, and bullet performance in your chosen cartridge is never a bad thing IMO... but you do you and whatever makes you happy...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suggest you "Victims" join "forces",to quantify your wrongtitude. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

PLEASE "quantify" the "volume" of your trigger time,if only for more oblivious Humor. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bryan Litz tested b.c of the fabled 155 scenar is .459

https://appliedballisticsllc.com/wp...ng-of-the-Lapua-308-155-grain-Scenar.pdf

Bryan Litz tested bc of 200gr partition is .501

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA554683.pdf

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetie,

Both have MULTIPLE variations and I can only attest,to them which I've shot through my rifles(multiple) and chronographs(multiple) and erectors(multiple). Hint.

Perhaps the 200's also now have a greater muzzle velocity,than the 155's? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suggest you "Victims" join "forces",to quantify your wrongtitude. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

PLEASE "quantify" the "volume" of your trigger time,if only for more oblivious Humor. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
It's always funny to see somebody who takes themselves that seriously

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DooshMike,

Pardon Reality,yet again crushing your Fantasy...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Melting Snowflake "victims" are a HOOT! Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are Free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". HINT.

Keep saving for tape. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Biitch stick, was burns correct about the 130 jlk?? 😂😂

You get to lyin it’s hard for you to stop!!

Fuucking laughing!…………………………….

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's NEVER not entertaingering than fhuqk,how many can't even BEGIN to "do" for themselves. Hint.

I reckon it only "FAIR",if you Do NOTHING Kchunts join "forces". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sweetie,

Both have MULTIPLE variations and I can only attest,to them which I've shot through my rifles(multiple) and chronographs(multiple) and erectors(multiple). Hint.

Perhaps the 200's also now have a greater muzzle velocity,than the 155's? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Stick no matter how hurtful you are sometimes (that’s what she said) Us Alaskans will love you no matter what. We even forgive you living closer to Seattle than you do to Anchorage..

I do have a question on the chart you provided the velocity says 3500 fps. Is that your velocity or Bryan Litz velocity? If you are getting 3500 fps out if a 308 please share that data. I will go buy a box of 155 today and have my daughter shoot that at the next 1000yd match. Come up at 1000 5.7 mils, 5 mph wind drift correction 0.9 [bleep] sign me up.

Last edited by 79S; 06/23/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Rubble rubble, the hamburgler speaks!!! Haha

Kiss, find pressure, coal, ogive, mag constraints blah blah fuucking blah!! 😂😂

The kelpbed and Crockett crew really gets after it!!!

1,000 words biitch stick. 👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free photo hosting

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I simply shoot it all and enjoy Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards,"correcting" schit they've never even fhuqking "seen" or shot. Very fhuqking FEW could begin to fhuqking fathom the magnitude and I'm happy,that more cain't. Hint.(grin)

While I disdain .30's,I reckon I've "only" shot 10,000 155 Skinners and all begrudgingly. Why? Physics matter and the .284's boast them attributes. I've only (1) SA 700 receiver that's shot out (7) barrels and it's never not been a 7-08. Hint.

Thanks for "correcting" me. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
664 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 2,757 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.