Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
They have a plant here. They've just announced that the company has been sold for $3 Billion. That's a lot of hunters eating a lot of snack bars. The new owners are another huge international company. All of our successful businesses seem to be becoming global. They're headquartered in Chicago but 75% of their business is outside the US.

TWIN FALLS — Clif Bar & Co., a business with a Twin Falls bakery, has been bought by Mondelez International, according to a press release.

The company will continue to manufacture its products at the Twin Falls facility and another location in Indianapolis, Indiana. Clif Bar & Co. will remain headquartered in Emeryville, California, according to a Monday statement.

The company was acquired for $2.9 billion with additional payments if specific earning targets are met. The acquisition is subject to closing conditions and a regulatory review.

Mondelez International will also obtain LUNA and CLIF Kid, expanding its global snack bar business to more than $1 billion. The company also owns popular brands such as Cadbury, Chips Ahoy, Sour Patch, Trident and Triscuit.

“We are thrilled to welcome Clif Bar & Company’s iconic brands and passionate employees into the Mondelez International family,” said Dirk Van de Put, chairman and CEO of Mondelez International. “As a leader and innovator in well-being and sustainable snacking in the U.S, Clif Bar & Company embodies our purpose to ‘empower people to snack right’ and we look forward to advancing this important work with Clif’s committed colleagues in the years ahead.”

Started in 1992 by Gary Erickson and Kit Crawford, Clif Bar & Company held the number one position in the U.S. protein and energy bar market in 2021, according to market research data company Euromonitor.

The company founders turned down a $120 million offer from Quaker Oats in 2000. The $90 million Twin Falls facility opened in 2016.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know some people at Mondelez - used to work together. They seem to like the company.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mondelez is what Nabisco morphed into

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I figure a handful more posts and someone will have conjured a reason to boycott them and/or respond with how Clif Bars taste like crap. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Downtown Twin at night always would smell like French fries when I was there.

Buhl now that town reeked like dead fish.

The whole valley smells like
A big sewer dye to the dairy cattle

Last edited by Angus1895; 06/23/22.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I like the chocolate ones. Toss a couple in my hunting pack

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by SKane
I figure a handful more posts and someone will have conjured a reason to boycott them and/or respond with how Clif Bars taste like crap. laugh
They don't taste bad, for coated sawdust!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good for warm weather hunting.

Like gnawing frozen chocolate off a rock during elk rifle.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Downtown Twin at night always would smell like French fries when I was there. Lamb Weston french fry factory. All those Idaho spuds being put to use.

Buhl now that town reeked like dead fish. Rangen, Inc is the largest fish food maker in the area. Buhl is known as the Trout Capital of the World.

A big sewer dye to the dairy cattle Before you buy rural property, carefully study Google Earth. Look for dairies upwind of the property you're looking at. A half million dairy cows can make the air a bit tangy sometimes.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just bought a box of Clif "Nut Butter" Bars. They are essentially two soft chocolate chip cookies with a peanut butter center between them like a sandwich. They are also roll your eyes back good. I munch them on the golf course and while fishing. Fortunately, we have a "Factory Seconds" store here where I can load up for about half price.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Never heard of them…

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by SKane
I have eaten exactly one. It was a chocolate fudge something or another. Tasted exactly like sweet horse feed with a very bitter chocolate glaze. It was fuggin terrible I tell you. If I have to eat a granola bar it better be a Quaker with the chocolate chips, they’re barely tolerable. 😁

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If South Korea is like other foreign countries when it comes to American products, Koreans they go nuts over anything American. So this acquisition will probably help them more on the global market and eventually shutting down the twin falls plant and produce cliff bar in some chithole country.. while in Korea I never seen so much PBR drank by people. They drank it because it was American.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The salted caramel Clif bars are the foschnizzle

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nice payday for the founders. Kraft foods has big deep pockets.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Downtown Twin at night always would smell like French fries when I was there. Lamb Weston french fry factory. All those Idaho spuds being put to use.

Buhl now that town reeked like dead fish. Rangen, Inc is the largest fish food maker in the area. Buhl is known as the Trout Capital of the World.

A big sewer dye to the dairy cattle Before you buy rural property, carefully study Google Earth. Look for dairies upwind of the property you're looking at. A half million dairy cows can make the air a bit tangy sometimes.

I was just thinking, Yup - go somewhere else.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Backroads
Good for warm weather hunting.

Like gnawing frozen chocolate off a rock during elk rifle.
🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Peanut Butter w/ Banana and Dark Chocolate. Not even a close second for me.

I eat two with a cup of coffee for breakfast every morning.

If I need a snack at night....I grab another Cliff Bar.

My wife says I am going to turn into a Cliff Bar.

Hope the founders enjoy the spoils!

As many as I have eaten, they should take me to Zim for another Buffalo hunt with John Sharp! Heck, I got John and his team eating Cliff Bars!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
When I see buying and selling I wonder if it is really a change in business model, or some pencil neck(s) in the outfit showing "growth" or "income/loss" for the next big meeting.
Lotta different tax games being played out there too.

All perfectly legal!

Sometimes it seems that "company's" got put together one way or another that were not really compatible.
I think S&W and TC for instance to much difference in corporate mindset to the detriment of TC.

Last edited by LouisB; 06/23/22.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I see buying and selling I wonder if it is really a change in business model

Most often it's another big dog taking out or assimilating the competition. They're OK if someone offers one up, but they don't get many of my dimes.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/23/22.

1Minute
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,259 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.