Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sweetie,

Both have MULTIPLE variations and I can only attest,to them which I've shot through my rifles(multiple) and chronographs(multiple) and erectors(multiple). Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Perhaps the 200's also now have a greater muzzle velocity,than the 155's? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Stick no matter how hurtful you are sometimes (that’s what she said) Us Alaskans will love you no matter what. We even forgive you living closer to Seattle than you do to Anchorage..

I do have a question on the chart you provided the velocity says 3500 fps. Is that your velocity or Bryan Litz velocity? If you are getting 3500 fps out if a 308 please share that data. I will go buy a box of 155 today and have my daughter shoot that at the next 1000yd match. Come up at 1000 5.7 mils, 5 mph wind drift correction 0.9 [bleep] sign me up.

Looks like 308 is the caliber, not the cartridge... I would think one of the big 300's could push the 155s to 3500 with a little help...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
BP-B6

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sweetie,

Both have MULTIPLE variations and I can only attest,to them which I've shot through my rifles(multiple) and chronographs(multiple) and erectors(multiple). Hint.

Perhaps the 200's also now have a greater muzzle velocity,than the 155's? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Stick no matter how hurtful you are sometimes (that’s what she said) Us Alaskans will love you no matter what. We even forgive you living closer to Seattle than you do to Anchorage..

I do have a question on the chart you provided the velocity says 3500 fps. Is that your velocity or Bryan Litz velocity? If you are getting 3500 fps out if a 308 please share that data. I will go buy a box of 155 today and have my daughter shoot that at the next 1000yd match. Come up at 1000 5.7 mils, 5 mph wind drift correction 0.9 [bleep] sign me up.

Looks like 308 is the caliber, not the cartridge... I would think one of the big 300's could push the 155s to 3500 with a little help...

300 RUM, 300 weatherby according to load data out there.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

I shoot EVERYTHING thus far cited,so please distinguish the latest pleads,as per your Hurt Feelers. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Biitch stick, perhaps drink some more liquid courage and lie about more schitt?? Haha

Be nice John and Bob like you!! 😂👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sugar,

Setting upon your couchbound kchunt,is as "close" as you are going to get,to "doing"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps pawn your coveted signatures elsewhere?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat, I’m very unfamiliar with the win mag too, Browning bbr 180 high bc silver tips 35 years ago!! 😂😎

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I played the same game with a7 Rem Mag and a Weatherby mag. Sent them both down the road after about 4-5 years. My .06 did everything they did .People have a hard time grasping that what is head stamped the case, doesn't mean much.

Pick one and go hunting. You are over thinking it

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Newsflash:

1. You don't need high BC bullets to kill stuff - you can use sub 0.5 G1 projectiles
2. You don't need to ditch your .30 caliber guns for 7mm or 6.5 mm ones
3. You don't need bugs on the windshield or turrets on top

I handload for my son's Montana in 300 WSM. This is last years booner from the DCUA. 150 Nosler Ballistic Tip (BC = 0.435 - yikes!) 150 yd shot.

[Linked Image]

Same gun with 150 TTSX (BC = 0.420) @ 150 yds from the TMA unit:

[Linked Image]

He drew yet another good sheep tag (Chugach Range) for this year. I'm working up a new 300 WSM load with the 165 TTSX and RL-17. Little doubt he will be handicapped with a +1" zero at 200 Yds.

Nevada mule deer - .308 Win w/ 150 NAB's shot at 150 yds:

[Linked Image]

Berner's Bay moose #1. 35 Whelen + 200 TTSX (BC = 0.37 holy ping pong balls Batman!) 200 yds

[Linked Image]

Berner's Bay moose #2 264 Win mag + 140 Nosler Partition

[Linked Image]

Don't let Mr. Magoo trick into believing what you have and are using is somehow inferior.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice lineup there👊🏻 Nice to see someone in Alaska hunt something besides rut dumb midget deer and kelp drunk beach bears, both of which aren’t “long range pursuits” other than some bacon throated imagination and pretend

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Sheister
To be honest after wading through the BS on this thread, it matters little which one is recommended in the end. As the OP has stated, he just wants a new rifle and who are we to discourage that line of thought? In fact, this whole site is built on guys buying new stuff and bragging or bagging on it all day long...

My thought is- if you're wanting to get a new rifle, why limit yourself to the two you suggested as they are so close in performance for all intended purposes? Looking around for something a little different that would still get the job done would be the route to take if it were me. Define your needs for the rifle- shooting pop cans at 50 yards? or 500 yards? Hunting at 150 yards? or 1500 yards? Do you reload? How far do you want to carry it all day long? And, probably the most important factor- how much do you want to spend?

No need to bring the discussion to this site if you don't want to, but it does make for colorful conversation... and even though Big Stick has a knack for riling up the natives here, don't discount what he has to say without thorough examination... he lives for this stuff as anyone can easily see...

But, to keep in the spirit of this thread- if it were me I would think seriously about going with a big 7 - 7 RUM, 28 Nosler, 7 Rem Mag, or something similar in a platform with the fewest constraints for experimentation. Big bullets need big mag boxes and the proper freebore, and usually long barrels. That would be my starting point...

I’m looking at the 300 Win/300 Wby because I have a bunch of brand new brass for both. Roughly 400 cases a piece. I also have dies for both. I bought a few hundred 200gr ELD-X that I plan to try. I also have Accubonds in same weight, and 180gr versions as well. I already loaded up some 168gr TTSXs.

I have a 7mm-08, 7x57, and a 7mm Rem Mag. 7mm is actually my favorite bore size, but I kind of just wanted a 300 for giggles since I had all the stuff in hand.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

I only know of (3) Moose,(2) Caribou,(2) Sheep,(4) Bears and a single Goat that netted All Time Book last year with 147's in particular. Not that your high pitched nasal whine(s) ain't soothin',start to fhuqking finish. Hint.

Perhaps consider filing meplats,to "increase" your "effectiveness". Might you be able to stamp your feet in unison,for MAXIMUM points?!? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh the “Pards “!!! Haha pics or shut your fuucking face dummy!😂

Dumb and lonely on the rez ain’t working to your advantage chowderhead. Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps you gals can "duel" for the Sweet "Satisfactions",regarding who thinks about me with greater frequency and longer durations?!? Hint.

Then who steals the most pics of my Critters and attributes same to their "pards". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tell us more about the phantom.308 147 that is a B&C magnet!!! 😂😂

Fuucking laughing!……………

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You "won"! Hint.

A few 147's. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guess the fact of the matter is, you weren’t there for 1 single “net b&c “ trophy you speak you dumb lying fuucking idiot!! Haha smfh 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Put the Seagrams down, check your blood sugar and clean your c pap, your gargling and lyin again!! Haha 😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's easy to see who actually hunts and who just pontificates about BC's, headstamps and other blather.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tie?!?

You Crying Kchunts should join "forces". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Which one goes best with TITTIES?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How every blog Big Schidt engages in is interpreted:

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
127 members (257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,805 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.