Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
BSA

I've not seen that before either but a quick Google found a few guys talking about it...one fellow mentioned it may have gone out of production around 2004.

Good info 1919. I figured it was older stuff. This shop has people bringing ammo in to them all the time and then they re-sell it. That's why they had the Federal gold medal match made in 1992 there. I wish I could have bought both bricks they had, but they limited me to just 1 brick. Or 100 rounds. A nice old guy let me buy the wolf match with the 100 rounds of this SK ammo. Kind of a pisser, I would have bought at least 500 rounds of the SK. I've always had good luck with just the standard plus SK. At $11.95/100 rounds, I didn't think I was going to get hurt. It will probably shoot well in one of my rifles. Thanks to everyone that could share some tidbits. I'll let you know how it shoots one of these days. I have not shot a rimfire rifle in probably 7 months. I'm spending a lot of time with some new centerfire rifles and some competitive matches: Long range varmint silhouette matches here. Its been fun and I've been giving it to them. Good group of guys and great shooters at this club. Generally about 22 shooters show up, so it's been fun..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
IIRC, that Federal Gold Match ammo was actually loaded by RWS in Germany (owned by RUAG, who also makes the Norma TAC-22, Geco, and probably some other stuff). RUAG was recently bought up by Beretta, who also own Sako, Tikka, Burris Optics, Uberti, Franchi, and all kinds of other stuff (they are the European version of Vista Outdoors, apparently).

I am on the fence about single huge entities buying up all their competitors, like Vista buying Remington, CCI, Federal, etc. I really do not like having all that supply line in so few hands. I guess that's capitalism, though.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
IIRC, that Federal Gold Match ammo was actually loaded by RWS in Germany (owned by RUAG, who also makes the Norma TAC-22, Geco, and probably some other stuff). RUAG was recently bought up by Beretta, who also own Sako, Tikka, Burris Optics, Uberti, Franchi, and all kinds of other stuff (they are the European version of Vista Outdoors, apparently).

I am on the fence about single huge entities buying up all their competitors, like Vista buying Remington, CCI, Federal, etc. I really do not like having all that supply line in so few hands. I guess that's capitalism, though.

I agree. Kind of like what Hodgdon has done..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good stuff guys. I appreciate the help. The main reason I went to this shop was to buy some Lapua brass for my new rifle. I knew they had it and it is hard to find stuff. 22-250 and it was $91/100. I bought the 2 boxes they had and am glad they still had it. I saw it there 3 weeks ago and had a feeling it was still there. It sucks my new Tikka has a tighter chamber than the other 22-250's I have and I found myself needing new brass. All my other brass was loaded up/spoken for (about 300 rounds worth for my Steven's 200, XTR featherweight and Tikka varmint model). Too bad the new rifle has a slightly tighter chamber, but damn it shoots great with 77's, so that is good news..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Line up from their website:

https://sk-ammunition.com/rimfire/

Your ammo may be an older product, or a Chinese knock-off? sick

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Line up from their website:

https://sk-ammunition.com/rimfire/

Your ammo may be an older product, or a Chinese knock-off? sick
Its older and says made in Germany right on it. I've said a few times on this thread that this particular store re sells ammo people bring in to them because of these times of ammo and component shortages.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bet that ammo will shoot just fine.

I'm down to a couple of bricks of some nearly 20-year-old SK Standard that outshoots a lot of currently manufactured ammo from Lapua, Eley, etc...

I bought 4 cases when a local shop decided they had too much and I've used it through the years for everything from killing squirrels to shooting different comps.

Over the last few years, it's been used for silhouette more than anything else.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
734 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.