Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Judman
Got a good musket Blacktail tag. 👊🏻

Took 20 minutes to fill my buddies tag a few years ago. I did the rattling. It can get wild!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That’s what I’m after. 👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Drew deer in Heppner, no elk or pronghorn. We will see what the cattle guys are seeing, and hunt the areas they suggest. Hunt elk on the west side, and pronghorn will wait.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Heym06
Drew deer in Heppner, no elk or pronghorn. We will see what the cattle guys are seeing, and hunt the areas they suggest. Hunt elk on the west side, and pronghorn will wait.

I’m thinking I might buy a Cascades tag just for the hike. 8-10% success rate tends to dampen a fella’s motivation.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I’m thinking I might buy a Cascades tag just for the hike. 8-10% success rate tends to dampen a fella’s motivation.

P

I'd be hyped up. I'm used to hunting a 4% success rate unit..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
We didn't draw anything. Guess I will try and call a cougar in this fall.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Drew exactly what I expected.... Will hunt blacktail OTC and damage elk here, too.
No premium hunts for me.

Good luck to those that drew !

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

P
Cascade can be a hard hunt. It beats no hunt, by a long shot. Good luck on your deer tag! Deer seem plentiful this year, in both Klamath and Keno units. Seeing quite a few while running around the county. Only one over 30". It was your unit, between Swan Lake and Chiloquin Ridge.. Again good luck!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Thinking that direction myself. Upper Rogue, upper Umpqua if I do it. I haven't hunted it in quite a few years, maybe something has changed. I can throw in some calls and see about bringing in a kitty cat while I'm posing as an elk hunter. On the flip side my deer season starts the day after that elk hunt ends .. quite a drive away .. so maybe I'd be spreading myself too thin to do either one very well.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

P
Cascade can be a hard hunt. It beats no hunt, by a long shot. Good luck on your deer tag! Deer seem plentiful this year, in both Klamath and Keno units. Seeing quite a few while running around the county. Only one over 30". It was your unit, between Swan Lake and Chiloquin Ridge.. Again good luck!

I tend to shoot forkies out of the alfalfa fields on private land.

It’s a blast.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Thinking that direction myself. Upper Rogue, upper Umpqua if I do it. I haven't hunted it in quite a few years, maybe something has changed. I can throw in some calls and see about bringing in a kitty cat while I'm posing as an elk hunter. On the flip side my deer season starts the day after that elk hunt ends .. quite a drive away .. so maybe I'd be spreading myself too thin to do either one very well.

T_O_M,

We used to hunt that muzzleloader season every year for quite a while - we always had our best results during the Thanksgiving week - rut going full bore - weather is chit and for some reason the afternoon seemed to be much more productive than mornings... Good luck, that's a good tag.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

IC B3

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Didn’t draw anything. Been bad few years. Now Sitting on 4 deer and 4 elk points.
Next year should be good before reaching no mans land.
I guess OTC Easter Oregon spike tag …. Again

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I didn't enter the draw, but I did buy an OTC blacktail tag. It will be my first time hunting them, so pretty excited. Might pick up a bear or cat tag as well.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 06/27/22.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Once again drew my Nonresident Spike bull tag, been hunting the same unit for many years now as a resident and non resident. Did not draw in Washington state with 13 preference points, nor in Wyoming. Did apply for second chance draw in Wyoming. Just anything would make me happy..

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Left over tags coming up for sale

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
I didn't enter the draw, but I did buy an OTC blacktail tag. It will be my first time hunting them, so pretty excited. Might pick up a bear or cat tag as well.

What's your plan? Are you coming anywhere near us?

LOL
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
THE WOLVES HAVE HAD A HEY DAY AROUND THERE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
13th year in a row. Fort Rock buck is all I got. I will be camped in the S/E this fall 9/29-10/13 Saw some interesting sign on my spring bear trip.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by baltz526
13th year in a row. Fort Rock buck is all I got. I will be camped in the S/E this fall 9/29-10/13 Saw some interesting sign on my spring bear trip.

I’m waiting for you to get one of those big bucks you target specifically.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

What's your plan? Are you coming anywhere near us?

I don't recall where you are.

I'll be hunting around the Roseberg/Glide area, last week in Oct. Hopefully catch the early part of the rut.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 07/01/22.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by baltz526

I’m waiting for you to get one of those big bucks you target specifically.
the big buck I had been hunting is gone. Never saw his tracks last year or the tracks of his offspring. Looking for new old bucks.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 3,351 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.