V
Yes I did. I have one full box.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by Beaver10
When you fetuses' finally decide to learn from boomers instead of blaming them, you'll be gettin ahead. grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That amount just fell out of my front pocket, Boomer.

🤣🦫

Well, how bought this amount fetus;

Or;

Rookies I say , fetuses' be rookies. Watch Boomers & learn laugh

Touché!

I don’t have big enough pockets to carry that much around....But, I got a truck.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Puny stack of primers, that. Hope the “fetuses” (anyone younger than a boomer?) have more than that. This one does… I bet Mac does, too. And some others. Generalizations are usually the incorrect assumptions of the self-aggrandizing numbskull.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have two partial boxes of 22-250, a box of .308, an opened 500 pack of golden bullets and a flat of 12ga bird shot.

Don’t tell Joe I have more than a 100 rounds.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by skeen
Rogers has American Eagle 158 grain, 50 round boxes. Buy 5 or more boxes, it's $34.99 each. About 69 cents a round, with free shipping.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/federal-american-eagle-357magnum-158grain-handgun-ammunition

This past winter(while busy stockpiling Rotella...) I built up my small arsenal.

Picked up a few new handguns and the proper ammo to go with them.

Personal protection items for family.

Rodger's almost became the new favorite on-line ammo retailer.

They would have beat midway but I ordered a pistol from Larry and that was enough for the lead.

Money well spent IMHO.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Post a picture of that cool, new, pew-pew you got.

Everyone be thinking you got yourself something your Paw-Paw handed down to you from 1909

🦫

SandBilly;
Good evening to you sir, I hope your part of the world had decent weather and all else is as right as can be in your world.

Thanks for sharing the photo of the youngster with a lever gun with us, it make this old lever gun aficionado smile for a bunch of reasons.

As a broad statement I don't have a pile of things in life I'd like to do over, but looking back on the fun new shooters have had with a .223 bolt rifle and a .357 lever carbine... well let's say I heartily recommend both for any shooters but new shooters seem to really enjoy them. cool

In the .357 lever carbine for ammo I've only used .38 Spl so far and need to run at least a couple .357's through it. In a similar way as you, I've got one open box of .38Spl and two rows left in a box of .357 so it should all be good.... grin

Seriously though sir, a tip of the hat to you for taking the time and making the effort to build bridges with any youngster - if it's yours even better - but any young/new shooters are a grand, grand thing.

All the best and thanks again for the positive photo.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Missed the pic.

That is a badass setup, I want one!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Post a picture of that cool, new, pew-pew you got.

Everyone be thinking you got yourself something your Paw-Paw handed down to you from 1909

🦫

SandBilly;
Good evening to you sir, I hope your part of the world had decent weather and all else is as right as can be in your world.

Thanks for sharing the photo of the youngster with a lever gun with us, it make this old lever gun aficionado smile for a bunch of reasons.

As a broad statement I don't have a pile of things in life I'd like to do over, but looking back on the fun new shooters have had with a .223 bolt rifle and a .357 lever carbine... well let's say I heartily recommend both for any shooters but new shooters seem to really enjoy them. cool

In the .357 lever carbine for ammo I've only used .38 Spl so far and need to run at least a couple .357's through it. In a similar way as you, I've got one open box of .38Spl and two rows left in a box of .357 so it should all be good.... grin

Seriously though sir, a tip of the hat to you for taking the time and making the effort to build bridges with any youngster - if it's yours even better - but any young/new shooters are a grand, grand thing.

All the best and thanks again for the positive photo.

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne, he likes it a lot. A little long for him at the moment but he’ll have a different setup for support when hunting. We were just messing around and checking it with the suppressor.

Don’t shoot all that ammo at once. 😉

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Missed the pic.

That is a badass setup, I want one!

New tractor gun Sam, you need one!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
SB, you are thinkin' now....lol

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sam;
Good evening to you my old friend, I hope that you're all getting the weather your crops and your cattle need and of course I hope you're all well too.

I'm admonished - fairly firmly actually - in Exodus 20:17 that I'm not to covet anything that is my neighbors...

So it is with a heavy heart that I must admit that I am beyond envious and might I say covetous of you free folks being able to have suppressors.

Even as a hidebound traditionalist Sam, I could own at least one lever gun with a threaded barrel if I could run a can.... wink

For sure as you say, it's a fine looking setup indeed.

All the best to you all Sam.

Dwayne

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
SB, you are thinkin' now....lol

Thinking about a new hand guard.

Renegade really likes it when you Buck Roger’s out a new gun. I’m sure he’d approve. 😆

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/category-s/514.htm

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Howdy Dwayne!

All good here and I fully agree. A threaded lever gun is beyond sweet!
(I don't have a single suppressor and NEED to get with the program...)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When you fetuses' finally decide to learn from boomers instead of blaming them, you'll be gettin ahead. grin

That amount just fell out of my front pocket, Boomer.

🤣🦫

Well, how bought this amount fetus;

Or;

Rookies I say , fetuses' be rookies. Watch Boomers & learn laugh

Lol.

😆😆😆😆

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If you didn't buy enough for several lifetimes back in 19 and 63 then you are a fool.

Said every couch tater over 65 on the Fire.

Lol

🦫

Most of those pricks are still only halfway through that box of KleenBore that PeePaw gave em.

They will call SB a hoarder for having 300 rounds of 357's.

Sheit. I have more than that, and a plethora of .38

300 fugging rds? Wtf you gonna do on Sunday jack your root.?...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
If you didn't buy enough for several lifetimes back in 19 and 63 then you are a fool.

Said every couch tater over 65 on the Fire.

Lol

🦫

Most of those pricks are still only halfway through that box of KleenBore that PeePaw gave em.

They will call SB a hoarder for having 300 rounds of 357's.

Sheit. I have more than that, and a plethora of .38

300 fugging rds? Wtf you gonna do on Sunday jack your root.?...mb

Whut?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Check out the price on this.. Rory sent it to me, said I “needed” it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
SandBilly;
Thanks for the reply and most excellent advice, I'll try my utmost to heed it.

Silly question from an unschooled Canuck, but other than more cleaning perhaps there's no downside to lead with a suppressor is there?

As mentioned, I've been shooting .38Spl lead out of the lever gun and the barrel looks cleaner than a .22 with an equal number of rounds.

If the young shooter is keen to learn, casting is a fun rabbit hole to jump into.

I started casting on the kitchen stove when I was maybe 13 or so and convinced my Dad to do the paperwork for a .36 Colt Navy replica kit gun. The .36 Navy is long gone, but casting is still something this old guy likes to fool with from time to time.

[Linked Image]

If I could figure out a way to use them to convert this into something, I bet my open box issue would be less worrisome, you know? grin

[Linked Image]

I am cognizant that if you do this it'll be in the future once the reloading setup is in place too, but the girls and I did some casting together when they were younger and they seemed to enjoy it.

All the best again sir, it's really good to see the next shift getting a firm foundation.

Dwayne

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
SandBilly;
Thanks for the reply and most excellent advice, I'll try my utmost to heed it.

Silly question from an unschooled Canuck, but other than more cleaning perhaps there's no downside to lead with a suppressor is there?

As mentioned, I've been shooting .38Spl lead out of the lever gun and the barrel looks cleaner than a .22 with an equal number of rounds.

If the young shooter is keen to learn, casting is a fun rabbit hole to jump into.

I started casting on the kitchen stove when I was maybe 13 or so and convinced my Dad to do the paperwork for a .36 Colt Navy replica kit gun. The .36 Navy is long gone, but casting is still something this old guy likes to fool with from time to time.

[Linked Image]

If I could figure out a way to use them to convert this into something, I bet my open box issue would be less worrisome, you know? grin

[Linked Image]

I am cognizant that if you do this it'll be in the future once the reloading setup is in place too, but the girls and I did some casting together when they were younger and they seemed to enjoy it.

All the best again sir, it's really good to see the next shift getting a firm foundation.

Dwayne

I’m far from an expert on suppressors but my understanding is you do not want to shoot lead cast through one if its not serviceable. The only cans that I have that can be completely taken apart are .22 cans, and they’re the only ones I clean. I’d still like to get into casting either way, never know when we may have to totally grow our own..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
SandBilly;
Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate it and again I've learned something sir!

It never occurred to me that one couldn't take them apart somehow...

The neat thing about casting is - well used to be when we could find the molds - but it's relatively easy to make some odd stuff.

For instance there's an obscure ruling here that one can hunt black bear with a 20guage shotgun or larger but that it has to have Number 1 Buckshot. Buddy on another forum has a 20guage double as a "camp gun" and didn't want to run afoul of the CO's if they happened to inspect it and there's no such animal as No. 1 buckshot in 20guage on this side of the medicine line.

Anyways long story short, No. 1 Buck pellets are .300" and buddy got a gift package in the mail of a bunch of .312" round balls so he's good to go should an impromptu CO encounter happen.

While it's stalled a wee bit as of late with house and garden work, one of the things on the "to do" list is work up a round ball load with a few of the .308" bored rifles in the safe using those .312" balls and running through a .309" sizer. It "should" with either Trail Boss or a pinch of 231 make something fairly quiet and nothing to stand in front of either I'm thnking?

Anyways casting does open up a different avenue or three for sure and if the new shooter is into it, so much the better right?

All the best.

Dwayne

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.