24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 14,344
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 14,344
Yes I did. I have one full box.

BP-B2

Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 19,251
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 19,251
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by gunzo
When you fetuses' finally decide to learn from boomers instead of blaming them, you'll be gettin ahead. grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That amount just fell out of my front pocket, Boomer.

🤣🦫

Well, how bought this amount fetus;

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Or;
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Rookies I say , fetuses' be rookies. Watch Boomers & learn laugh

Touché!

I don’t have big enough pockets to carry that much around....But, I got a truck.

Lol

🦫


Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,320
O
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 2,320
Puny stack of primers, that. Hope the “fetuses” (anyone younger than a boomer?) have more than that. This one does… I bet Mac does, too. And some others. Generalizations are usually the incorrect assumptions of the self-aggrandizing numbskull.

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
I have two partial boxes of 22-250, a box of .308, an opened 500 pack of golden bullets and a flat of 12ga bird shot.

Don’t tell Joe I have more than a 100 rounds.


~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,248
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,248
Originally Posted by skeen
Rogers has American Eagle 158 grain, 50 round boxes. Buy 5 or more boxes, it's $34.99 each. About 69 cents a round, with free shipping.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/federal-american-eagle-357magnum-158grain-handgun-ammunition




This past winter(while busy stockpiling Rotella...) I built up my small arsenal.


Picked up a few new handguns and the proper ammo to go with them.

Personal protection items for family.



Rodger's almost became the new favorite on-line ammo retailer.

They would have beat midway but I ordered a pistol from Larry and that was enough for the lead.

Money well spent IMHO.

IC-A B3

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9,993
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9,993
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Post a picture of that cool, new, pew-pew you got.

Everyone be thinking you got yourself something your Paw-Paw handed down to you from 1909


🦫

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

SandBilly;
Good evening to you sir, I hope your part of the world had decent weather and all else is as right as can be in your world.

Thanks for sharing the photo of the youngster with a lever gun with us, it make this old lever gun aficionado smile for a bunch of reasons.

As a broad statement I don't have a pile of things in life I'd like to do over, but looking back on the fun new shooters have had with a .223 bolt rifle and a .357 lever carbine... well let's say I heartily recommend both for any shooters but new shooters seem to really enjoy them. cool

In the .357 lever carbine for ammo I've only used .38 Spl so far and need to run at least a couple .357's through it. In a similar way as you, I've got one open box of .38Spl and two rows left in a box of .357 so it should all be good.... grin

Seriously though sir, a tip of the hat to you for taking the time and making the effort to build bridges with any youngster - if it's yours even better - but any young/new shooters are a grand, grand thing.

All the best and thanks again for the positive photo.

Dwayne


The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,248
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,248
Missed the pic.



That is a badass setup, I want one!

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Post a picture of that cool, new, pew-pew you got.

Everyone be thinking you got yourself something your Paw-Paw handed down to you from 1909


🦫

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

SandBilly;
Good evening to you sir, I hope your part of the world had decent weather and all else is as right as can be in your world.

Thanks for sharing the photo of the youngster with a lever gun with us, it make this old lever gun aficionado smile for a bunch of reasons.

As a broad statement I don't have a pile of things in life I'd like to do over, but looking back on the fun new shooters have had with a .223 bolt rifle and a .357 lever carbine... well let's say I heartily recommend both for any shooters but new shooters seem to really enjoy them. cool

In the .357 lever carbine for ammo I've only used .38 Spl so far and need to run at least a couple .357's through it. In a similar way as you, I've got one open box of .38Spl and two rows left in a box of .357 so it should all be good.... grin

Seriously though sir, a tip of the hat to you for taking the time and making the effort to build bridges with any youngster - if it's yours even better - but any young/new shooters are a grand, grand thing.

All the best and thanks again for the positive photo.

Dwayne

Thanks Dwayne, he likes it a lot. A little long for him at the moment but he’ll have a different setup for support when hunting. We were just messing around and checking it with the suppressor.

Don’t shoot all that ammo at once. 😉


~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Missed the pic.



That is a badass setup, I want one!

New tractor gun Sam, you need one!


~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,248
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,248
SB, you are thinkin' now....lol

IC-B B4

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9,993
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9,993
Sam;
Good evening to you my old friend, I hope that you're all getting the weather your crops and your cattle need and of course I hope you're all well too.

I'm admonished - fairly firmly actually - in Exodus 20:17 that I'm not to covet anything that is my neighbors...

So it is with a heavy heart that I must admit that I am beyond envious and might I say covetous of you free folks being able to have suppressors.

Even as a hidebound traditionalist Sam, I could own at least one lever gun with a threaded barrel if I could run a can.... wink

For sure as you say, it's a fine looking setup indeed.

All the best to you all Sam.

Dwayne


The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Originally Posted by SamOlson
SB, you are thinkin' now....lol

Thinking about a new hand guard.

Renegade really likes it when you Buck Roger’s out a new gun. I’m sure he’d approve. 😆

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/category-s/514.htm


~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,248
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 39,248
Howdy Dwayne!


All good here and I fully agree. A threaded lever gun is beyond sweet!
(I don't have a single suppressor and NEED to get with the program...)

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 35,676
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 35,676
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by gunzo
When you fetuses' finally decide to learn from boomers instead of blaming them, you'll be gettin ahead. grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That amount just fell out of my front pocket, Boomer.

🤣🦫

Well, how bought this amount fetus;

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Or;
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Rookies I say , fetuses' be rookies. Watch Boomers & learn laugh


Lol.

😆😆😆😆


Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,416
M
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 5,416
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If you didn't buy enough for several lifetimes back in 19 and 63 then you are a fool.

Said every couch tater over 65 on the Fire.

Lol

🦫

Most of those pricks are still only halfway through that box of KleenBore that PeePaw gave em.

They will call SB a hoarder for having 300 rounds of 357's.

Sheit. I have more than that, and a plethora of .38

300 fugging rds? Wtf you gonna do on Sunday jack your root.?...mb


" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If you didn't buy enough for several lifetimes back in 19 and 63 then you are a fool.

Said every couch tater over 65 on the Fire.

Lol

🦫

Most of those pricks are still only halfway through that box of KleenBore that PeePaw gave em.

They will call SB a hoarder for having 300 rounds of 357's.

Sheit. I have more than that, and a plethora of .38

300 fugging rds? Wtf you gonna do on Sunday jack your root.?...mb

Whut?


~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Check out the price on this.. Rory sent it to me, said I “needed” it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]


~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9,993
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9,993
SandBilly;
Thanks for the reply and most excellent advice, I'll try my utmost to heed it.

Silly question from an unschooled Canuck, but other than more cleaning perhaps there's no downside to lead with a suppressor is there?

As mentioned, I've been shooting .38Spl lead out of the lever gun and the barrel looks cleaner than a .22 with an equal number of rounds.

If the young shooter is keen to learn, casting is a fun rabbit hole to jump into.

I started casting on the kitchen stove when I was maybe 13 or so and convinced my Dad to do the paperwork for a .36 Colt Navy replica kit gun. The .36 Navy is long gone, but casting is still something this old guy likes to fool with from time to time.

[Linked Image]

If I could figure out a way to use them to convert this into something, I bet my open box issue would be less worrisome, you know? grin

[Linked Image]

I am cognizant that if you do this it'll be in the future once the reloading setup is in place too, but the girls and I did some casting together when they were younger and they seemed to enjoy it.

All the best again sir, it's really good to see the next shift getting a firm foundation.

Dwayne


The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,644
Originally Posted by BC30cal
SandBilly;
Thanks for the reply and most excellent advice, I'll try my utmost to heed it.

Silly question from an unschooled Canuck, but other than more cleaning perhaps there's no downside to lead with a suppressor is there?

As mentioned, I've been shooting .38Spl lead out of the lever gun and the barrel looks cleaner than a .22 with an equal number of rounds.

If the young shooter is keen to learn, casting is a fun rabbit hole to jump into.

I started casting on the kitchen stove when I was maybe 13 or so and convinced my Dad to do the paperwork for a .36 Colt Navy replica kit gun. The .36 Navy is long gone, but casting is still something this old guy likes to fool with from time to time.

[Linked Image]

If I could figure out a way to use them to convert this into something, I bet my open box issue would be less worrisome, you know? grin

[Linked Image]

I am cognizant that if you do this it'll be in the future once the reloading setup is in place too, but the girls and I did some casting together when they were younger and they seemed to enjoy it.

All the best again sir, it's really good to see the next shift getting a firm foundation.

Dwayne


I’m far from an expert on suppressors but my understanding is you do not want to shoot lead cast through one if its not serviceable. The only cans that I have that can be completely taken apart are .22 cans, and they’re the only ones I clean. I’d still like to get into casting either way, never know when we may have to totally grow our own..


~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9,993
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9,993
SandBilly;
Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate it and again I've learned something sir!

It never occurred to me that one couldn't take them apart somehow...

The neat thing about casting is - well used to be when we could find the molds - but it's relatively easy to make some odd stuff.

For instance there's an obscure ruling here that one can hunt black bear with a 20guage shotgun or larger but that it has to have Number 1 Buckshot. Buddy on another forum has a 20guage double as a "camp gun" and didn't want to run afoul of the CO's if they happened to inspect it and there's no such animal as No. 1 buckshot in 20guage on this side of the medicine line.

Anyways long story short, No. 1 Buck pellets are .300" and buddy got a gift package in the mail of a bunch of .312" round balls so he's good to go should an impromptu CO encounter happen.

While it's stalled a wee bit as of late with house and garden work, one of the things on the "to do" list is work up a round ball load with a few of the .308" bored rifles in the safe using those .312" balls and running through a .309" sizer. It "should" with either Trail Boss or a pinch of 231 make something fairly quiet and nothing to stand in front of either I'm thnking?

Anyways casting does open up a different avenue or three for sure and if the new shooter is into it, so much the better right?

All the best.

Dwayne


The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
779 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 86 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22

UDG-IP









Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.073s Queries: 15 (0.003s) Memory: 0.9579 MB (Peak: 1.1323 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2022-06-27 01:42:03 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS