Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yep, seems like every hunting season I have to change at least one. I need to quit buying crappy cheap brand All Terrain tires I guess..Or, quit driving really bad roads. It's no fun changing them...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 06/23/22.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My stepdaughter had to teach her (now) husband how to change a flat tire on his own car when they'd been together just a short time. Now they're married and she mows the lawn, takes out the trash and does about everything around the house you'd think a normal guy would do. He seems to be content cleaning house and doing laundry as his contribution. I shake my head in amazement daily with this guy - no interrest whatsoever in learning how to be a man.

Oh - I've changed plenty of tires...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Changed different kinds on different vehicles
Working on a mower tire today.
Could only find 1 tire iron and took a long
time to get the old one off and the new tire
back on the wheel. Too hot outside and never
could get the beads to seat. Try tomorrow
first thing before it gets to be 100

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Changed a few, been a while. Taken tires off rims with hand tools too.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The last time was in an afternoon next to a busy highway after being pulled over by the police for a blood alcohol check - after passing the test, the cop pointed out that my front driver side tyre was flat, and it was seriously flat. What ever had punctured my tyre had left the scene before I got pulled over, letting the air to depart the tyre rather quickly.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My daughter's first vehicle was a pickup, standard 4 on the floor, she put new bumpers on it and changed out the radiator without me showing her how to. She also fought MMA for a while and is on a roller derby team.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
After the the Coup in Ghana the leader of the coup, JJ Rawlings commandeered every truck in the country to get all the dried cocoa beans, them beginning to go bad in sacks piled up in villages all across the Region, to the ports for export. This was a big deal as cocoa was Ghana’s main export, the main source of foreign exchange.

A big ol’ semi truck with armed soldiers aboard rolls up the dirt road past our school, and loads up a bunch of our teenage male students to go load hundredweight (112lb) sacks of cocoa. So naturally the Obruni (White guy AKA me) went along too.

So we get to different villages and, sonuvawitch, turns out that skinny long-haired White guy can pick up and carry hundredweight sacks ( this was a long time ago). It should be understood this was Ghana, 1981, one of the friendliest place in Africa, so this was a typically laid-back sort of event, it ain’t like anyone was getting threatened or screamed at.

But at each stop, when the Obruni would pick up a sack or two, the soldiers at that place would insist that he should go drink some palm wine with them. This done in the usual fashion, seated in a circle around a big black clay pot, everyone taking turns with the same gourd bowl, except on these occasions the other people drinking were festooned with STEN (??) sub machine guns and long FNALs, I want to say I saw a couple of Hi-Powers too but that could be a false memory.

Pretty quick, instead of riding with the students, I was riding from village to village in the back a Chevy (I think) pickup truck driven by the older Officer running the show.

Lo and behold we get a flat, left rear. We jump out of the truck and the soldiers are all standing around at a loss. Of necessity most every place in the world, including Ghana, has great shade tree mechanics but none of them were standing around that particular pickup that day. Plus we had all been drinking a few rounds of palm wine.

WTF, I said, it’s just a flat, and hopped to it, locating the Jack and spare and quickly getting the deed done. They looked at me like I walked on water grin I have been drunk many times, including many times in Africa, but that was probably the most interesting.

Of course I have changed other flats before and after, but that was the only one in Africa.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, daytime, dark, dark in the middle of no where......

Never fun......

I keep my AAA current.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You're all of 12 years age I bet!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have changed more tires than I care to think about, daylight, dark, snow rain, put chains on etc.
For a few years I worked as part of a pit crew for a buddy that raced, so I could not count the times I changed tires there.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I used to work in West Dayton Ohio... and lived west of their in New Lebanon.

West Dayton was a REAL CHITHOLE back then...

Coming to work at 5am- 6am once I saw an oldish sedan with a flat... older Asian couple...

I stopped to help. NOT a zone for older folks to be broken down... even at sunrise.

While I was changing their tire... they thanked me and the woman remarked that I had probably saved someone's life today.

Thinking she was a bit over-dramatic I kinda dismissed the comment.

After they were G2G... they thank me. She informed me they worked at the VA and her husband was a Cardiac surgeon and would be doing surgeries on Vets.

God puts things in every man's path.

Sometimes you help... and sometimes you do not... and sometimes a Glock is the correct answer.

Strange memories...

Thanks for the reflection.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yes, yes, and yes.

That said theres nothing I hate doing worse. I carry a floor jack up in the hills to speed up the process and slow down the frustration .

And you and I and Rocky didn't have that luxury losing two tires on the same side 20+ miles down a "dirt" road full of quartz crystals a few years ago. mad

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
As recently as yesterday. When I was young I run a lot of recaps, I carried a 4 way lug wrench back then.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JeffA

LOL...

Yepp...

Friends in WV have the 3/4" and 1" version of the Milwaukee for big equipment. Holy Smoke.

I have the $120/$165 Ryobi versions... just because I had lot of 6Ah batteries.

Night and Day difference how much an impact helps... ANY IMPACT...

Never use on an Isuzu Trooper... studs gall... no idea why, but common knowledge.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yes - many times over the last 60 years+.. Last one was the FL tire on my previous F-350... Heavy beggar.. But nothing like those on my current F-450.. At my age, THAT'S gonna be a challenge..

I got so good at changing tires on campers that I could pull over, change it and be back on the road inside of 15 minutes.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by Bwana338
Are you talking

Wheel barrow tire? .... Yes
Bicycle tire? ..... Yes
Car tire? ..... Yes
Pickup tire? ..... Yes
Smal Truck tire? .... Yes
Large semi truck tire? .... Yes
Small Tractor tire? .... Yes
Larger Tractor tire?.....Nope

Some were in day light and other in the dark. I used to cary an handyman jack and a 5 tom hydraulic jack with a piece of 2X6 to set then on. A good ratchet wrench with buster handle. Then spray wd-40 on the bolts before you tighten the lug nuts up.

I'll see your list and raise you a:
camper tire?... yes
skid steer tire? ... yes
motorcycle tire? ... yes
ATV tire? ... yes
heavy equipment trailer tire? ... yes

Looking back on it.... I've got a lot of stuff

Add a dolly, all types of trailers from 4' to 53', balers, and rakes to the list. Not only change the tire when flat, but replaced the tire on the rims for all except the skid steer.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing

LOL...

Yepp...

Friends in WV have the 3/4" and 1" version of the Milwaukee for big equipment. Holy Smoke.

I have the $120/$165 Ryobi versions... just because I had lot of 6Ah batteries.

Night and Day difference how much an impact helps... ANY IMPACT...

Never use on an Isuzu Trooper... studs gall... no idea why, but common knowledge.

Wrestling the tires around are enough, especially on the motorhome.

I go with Milwaukee because I gave away all my other gear so I just had a single brand battery to keep around.

Use to be 100% Porter Cable with battery tools until Dewalt bought them out and bastardized the product line to compete with other low end products.

Nothing has ever come close to the old Porter Cable battery powered tools but they were stupid exspensive.
Their entire line was built like that Milwaukee impact, lot's of metal involved, had some that worked hard on industrial jobs for 20+ years and never gave up.

You could disassemble the batteries and rebuilt them yourself.
Just loaded with rechargeable 'C' cells soldiered together, cases had easy to remove screws.

They don't want us doing that anymore, no money in it for them.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I go with Milwaukee because I gave away all my other gear so I just had a single brand battery to keep around.

Copy that... Milwaukee is top shelf stuff and I concur with recommending it every time.

Ryobi is NOT... but I lucked into a pile of 6Ah batteries for a song... so I have lots of chitty Ryobi tools. Throwaways to be honest. Batteries and tools are a complex topic.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
A funner question - have you ever had to use starter fluid to get a new tire to seat .. !!!

they make a pretty neat sound…

It’s a true test of you manliness the first time you have to do it. And fun as heck if you teach someone who have never heard of it before…

Extra points if you say - hold my beer !!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,612
Posts18,454,920
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.