J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by JDK
Just picked up 2 of the 3-9s for $109 each. Pretty darned hard to beat them at that price

I just ordered two myself when I saw the price,are they still made in the Philipines? Just as good as they were a decade ago?

Mine are supposed to arrive today. I was told that they are manufactured in the Philippines (I'll respond when I get home if they are there). No idea about their durability but I asked on here a while back and was told they were.

I should mention that I have an slightly older Fullfield II (2021) and it has been fine.

Last edited by JDK; 06/23/22.
BP-B2

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Yes, they are made in the Philippines

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JDK
[quote=JDK]Just picked up 2 of the 3-9s for $109 each. Pretty darned hard to beat them at that price

I just ordered two myself when I saw the price,are they still made in the Philipines? Just as good as they were a decade ago?

I have read through this thread and can't find which scope you are referring to - please enlighten me, I could use a decent scope for a loaner rifle.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They are referring to a Burris FFll 3-9x40

Last edited by kandpand; 06/23/22.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by JDK
Just picked up 2 of the 3-9s for $109 each. Pretty darned hard to beat them at that price

A decade ago they were made in the Philippines.

Don't remember the exact year the production went there, but it was before 2012. Do know that instead of just having a factory over there make an approximation, Burris provided the tooling and instructed the workers on how to use it. (Have written about this many times before.)

Have found the Philippine FFIIs just as good as the American-made version. In fact, the only 3-9x40 FFII I've had to get repaired was my last U.S.A. scope--which had been on a BUNCH of rifles over the years. This was a couple years ago, and Burris got it back to me within two weeks, and it's been working fine ever since.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kandpand
They are referring to a Burris FFll 3-9x49

I know that is a typo, but it is the FFII 3-9x40. Also, anyone that buys the standard reticle is wasting money. The ballistic plex is where its at. Its simple, yet very effective. When I refer someone to a great scope, I always have to add. Get the ballistic plex reticle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
anyone got a link for it at 109?

got a couple kids i could line out.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
anyone got a link for it at 109? got a couple kids i could line out.

If you can't find one for that price new, on-line, they often show up used for around that on the Campfire Classifieds. I have purchased several that way.

Plus, Burris has a lifetime warranty, no matter who bought the scope originally. Have only had to use it once--as mentioned above, with a USA-made scope that had been on a BUNCH of rifles over the years.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by JDK
[quote=JDK]Just picked up 2 of the 3-9s for $109 each. Pretty darned hard to beat them at that price

I have read through this thread and can't find which scope you are referring to - please enlighten me, I could use a decent scope for a loaner rifle.

drover
Thanks, I just couldn't make the connection to it.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000MM2QSK?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Yup. I gifted the one I had, going to buy another for a backup.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Another all-arounder I really liked was the Kahles AH 3-9X42 TDS. Wouldn't mind finding another, or the 2-7 version.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dang, that’s tempting, even with one NIB on the shelf. That’s almost in Barska territory.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by JDK

drover

That’s a concept worth of a thread of its own. Except for family and maybe one hunting friend, there’s no one I’d loan any gun to; been the case even before the current Age of Insanity.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was putting on shoots for the predator hunting club the Burris FF-II 2-7 was one of my goto prizes, never heard a complaint about them. I did get one that was fuzzy for me and sold it, the person that bought it thought it was great. It might not have had enough adustment for me as it was before my cataract surgery. I have one of the 3-9's in my amazon wish list, trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on it, I usually shy away from anything higher than 2.5x on the bottom end due to the fact I much prefer FOV over X's and really like to see at least a 40' FOV on the bottom end of my scopes.

Last edited by erich; 06/24/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went to variables after years of fixed 6x for same reason and since most scopes are now fully multicoated and very bright. I can't imagine you would find 3x lacking or problematically different than 2.5x. Yo feel there would be a situation where 3x was too much in real world terms? Do you have the listed FOV for each ?

Another thing, word has gotten out on those Burris ( partly to blame here) - I would jump on it if price is still in range.

Last edited by kenjs1; 06/24/22.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10 comes in with an FOV of 41.5' and the Burris FF-II 3-9 is listed at 33' both on the bottom end. That is quite a difference. I used a Sightron 2 3-9 for a while and felt quite claustrophobic after shooting 1-4 and 1.5-6 scopes most of the time. I have a hard time imagining shooting a fixed 6x for called coyotes in the brush or still hunting whitetails in northern WI or MN

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by erich
When I was putting on shoots for the predator hunting club the Burris FF-II 2-7 was one of my goto prizes, never heard a complaint about them. I did get one that was fuzzy for me and sold it, the person that bought it thought it was great. It might not have had enough adustment for me as it was before my cataract surgery. I have one of the 3-9's in my amazon wish list, trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on it, I usually shy away from anything higher than 2.5x on the bottom end due to the fact I much prefer FOV over X's and really like to see at least a 40' FOV on the bottom end of my scopes.

I tried the FFII 2-7 and it sucked balls. I would never suggest that scope to anyone..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

Yup. I gifted the one I had, going to buy another for a backup.

Damn, that is a great price. I remember paying $175 for the first one I bought back in 1998!!

BSA MAGA
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Natchez has them on sale for $135 + shipping + tax. Someone posted those earlier.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,698
Posts18,399,950
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.