Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes - multiple but not for a long time.

Car, Truck, Semi etc.

I've even changed the tire on the rim. Spoons and ether.

Me

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
A funner question - have you ever had to use starter fluid to get a new tire to seat .. !!!

they make a pretty neat sound…

It’s a true test of you manliness the first time you have to do it. And fun as heck if you teach someone who have never heard of it before…

Extra points if you say - hold my beer !!

Yep and took a guy to the hospital after. Set the bead with some "authority" - no one noticed the screwdriver sitting on the sidewall - flew and caught him in the face. Got a pile of stitches and bled like a stuck pig.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
A funner question - have you ever had to use starter fluid to get a new tire to seat .. !!!

they make a pretty neat sound…

It’s a true test of you manliness the first time you have to do it. And fun as heck if you teach someone who have never heard of it before…

Extra points if you say - hold my beer !!

LOL... some sucked in Chinese trailer tires... I watched.

Holy fugg.

Makes a man hate China with great vengeance.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yes multiple times , night and day. I have not changed since driving a full size pickup, I draw the line there grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, I once got whacked in the ear by the top of a bumper-jack post when it slipped off the plate-steel monstrosity of a bumper/winch mount on a '58 2-ton Dodge Power Wagon while trying to break the split-rim so I could change the tube and get to work. It was 1980-something.

I didn't get to work that day. My doc recommended two aspirin and a Budweiser or six, once the bleeding stopped. It seemed to work.

She was a wise girl.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Farming, logging, truck driving, working in garages that serviced trucks and cars....have changed tires. Broke them down and swapped tires on rims too.

My Dad had a truck tire fixed at a garage, put it on the flatbed,
hauled it home about 10 miles. 3 on dirt roads. When he tipped it
on the edge of the bed, the split rim blew off in his face.

Those aren't real common anymore, and I have refused to ever
work with one.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
JHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Amateurs…

I changed one during a category III Hurricane.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Farming, logging, truck driving, working in garages that serviced trucks and cars....have changed tires. Broke them down and swapped tires on rims too.

My Dad had a truck tire fixed at a garage, put it on the flatbed,
hauled it home about 10 miles. 3 on dirt roads. When he tipped it
on the edge of the bed, the split rim blew off in his face.

Those aren't real common anymore, and I have refused to ever
work with one.

Had a truck come in for an "air leak" - co-worker was out looking at it, getting the serial etc - writing up the truck. Was bent over the rear drives looking down at the brake can for the air leak noise and the rear air bag exploded. Took him right off his feet. 3 days in the hospital, concussion and lost 30% of his hearing. Lucky he didn't lose his hand or head were he really in there.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Replaced the tire on a split rim many times. Gotta be careful!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Changed plenty, but I also I keep a a repair kit in my truck and have had luck being able to find and plug the hole and then plug the small air pump into the cig. lighter to get enough air to get going on my way.

Having your own air pump is essential when you surf fish and need to lower your pressure to drive on the beach in some areas. It is required to have an air pump, shovel, boards, jack etc... to fish Island Beach State Park in New Jersey. So the having the air pump comes in handy.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
If it's round and rubber, steel, or wood, big or little, truck, tractor, trailer, mower, motorcycle, car, solid or split rim, i have mounted, repaired, patched, plugged, more tires than i care to do over. Rio7

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Didn't have to when I ran Goodyear MTRs.
About 9 yrs without a flat.

Spoiled me.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Last one I changed was BFG AT when wheeling....on a Jeep

Mountain biking I changed a couple and got back at it.
Little tool kit and pump pretty damn easy on the trail.

New Jeep non Trailhawk Renegade has inflator kit, no spare. Thats being remedied this week.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Better question might be:

Could you change a tire if you had to?????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
OK, I once got whacked in the ear by the top of a bumper-jack post when it slipped off the plate-steel monstrosity of a bumper/winch mount on a '58 2-ton Dodge Power Wagon while trying to break the split-rim so I could change the tube and get to work. It was 1980-something.

I didn't get to work that day. My doc recommended two aspirin and a Budweiser or six, once the bleeding stopped. It seemed to work.

She was a wise girl.

My dad ran a country store along with a 5 bay garage for about 20yrs, we didn't have a cage to air up the split rims so we laid them flat on the floor and let the floor lift down on top, used the clamp on air chuck and still got the hell out of the way.
Anybody thats ever seen one come apart knows what I'm talking about. We worked on a lot of ancient rusty azz corn trucks, rusty wheels and rotten steel brake lines.
My dad told me to keep my azz in school so I wouldn't have to do that chit forever. He got out of it 2 years after I left, it did take a heart attack to help him make up his mind....

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
Ta hell with darkness. Have ya changed one in the rain and had to crawl under to drag out the spare? Oh, yeah. That was in the dark. On the AlCan.

Nothin scares me anymore! 🤣💪

Early Alcan days were tough on tires. We'd start out with new tires on the pickup and usually have two new spares mounted and ready along with a better jack.
What I'd have given for modern radial tires and my cordless impact gun.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348
This is a joke, right. WTF has never had to change a tire?

When I got my new 2004 Ranger last Fall, the tires were dry rotted and I came out one morning to a flat caused by seepage. Don’t know how long it’d been since those lugs were cranked on, but I couldn’t budge them. Finally, applied some Kroil and put a two-foot long piece of aluminum cable-rack channel over my breaker bar. Bingo. Now I keep that combo behind the seat, but also bought an electric impact driver for the garage.
Yes

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Muffin
Better question might be:

Could you change a tire if you had to?????

Yes.

Also changed the fuel pump out in an 82 Oldsmobile in the parking lot of a bowling alley. THAT was fun. Full fuel tank. Much more fun than just a tire.

Me

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If this forum gets hit with younger folks.....it wont be a joke.
Plenty of 20 something guys have never changed a tire.
Have even heard of silver spoon types older that havent.

Yes, most proly drive a Prius.

What is even more amazing is how many 20.somethings dont have a drivers license

Last edited by hookeye; 06/24/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Many. Survived all.

Even got the opportunity to teach younger less knowledgeable drivers how to change their flat tires. It's shocking how many young drivers don't know how to change a tire...

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
677 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,899 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.