Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I have sent 2 scopes back(hd5 and older conquest) in the past 6 months and unfortunately both had to be replaced but their customer service was outstanding and fast.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It always has been exceptional. I have owned a lot of Zeiss scopes and not one has ever been sent back, the same goes for Binos.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've used them a few times over the years and was always taken care of. Only one time was there a glitch along the way -- and in the grand scheme of things, it truly was minor. I bought a used 30mm-tubed Conquest 3-12x56 which only had 44 clicks of windage. That model was discontinued for a while, so they upgraded me to a Conquest DL 3-12x50 with #60 reticle, which was a significant step up in terms of pricing.

But when the replacement scope arrived, the illumination was dead and the scope was not new , so I called in. The lady on the phone insisted that the scope had to be new (never mind the scuffs and ring marks LOL) and that I just wasn't familiar enough with Zeiss' illumination to know how to work it properly. In a condescending tone, I was told to read the instruction manual...

I sent it back the next morning on my own dime and without an R/A. In a few days, I got a call with an apology for the "mix-up" as she called it. They had no more of this model on hand and had to wait on a shipment. But in a few weeks, I did receive another scope. This one was brand new and actually worked.

Other instances were as smooth as one could hope for.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Glad to hear everyone has had similar experiences with Zeiss customer support.

@BobbyTomey, How does the older conquest compare to the DL? It is German made, correct?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bwhitey2
I have sent 2 scopes back(hd5 and older conquest) in the past 6 months and unfortunately both had to be replaced but their customer service was outstanding and fast.

What did they replace the Conquest with? I have a really nice Conquest that I noticed has a factory defect. Looks like a real tiny spider inside the scope on the inside of the lens. Had to have been shipped out that way. I've been dragging my feet about sending it in because I don't know if they will replace it or repair it and how that will go. I thought about selling it on ebay, but I can't do that with the known defect... Scope is a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 and I still have the original box..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I would not hesitate to ship it back unless you have some sentimental value to the scope. My HD had mold in it and it would have continued to get worse as the mold eats the coating??? Make sure you register the scope and then fill out the claim form.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It will be replaced with a V4 most likely.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Glad to hear everyone has had similar experiences with Zeiss customer support.

@BobbyTomey, How does the older conquest compare to the DL? It is German made, correct?

1" Tube vs 30mm tube. The DL's look like a rebadged Diavari. Had one for a few years and then my brother ended up with it. Keeps ticking and it is really good glass.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I would not hesitate to ship it back unless you have some sentimental value to the scope. My HD had mold in it and it would have continued to get worse as the mold eats the coating??? Make sure you register the scope and then fill out the claim form.

Ok, I'll look to see if I have a registration card in the box. I bought it from a gunshop that was going out of business. Got a great deal on it, but like I said, it is a little frustrating that I did not see the blemish when I bought it. I can't sell it to anyone, knowing there is a defect..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This is pretty fu cking stupid:

Please be aware that ZEISS is not responsible for packages lost in shipment to our facility. We recommend shipping your product via a service that gives you a tracking number and signature of the recipient to avoid issues, as well as insuring your shipment against loss or damage.

Don't they give you a shipping label?

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
You don’t need the card. Register it here.

https://www.zeiss.com/consumer-products/us/service/product-registration.html

On the shipping just insure it. No big deal. I am a ups fan over the others.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Once you register it use this link to initiate the repair.

https://zeiss.secure.force.com/CZPR...p;page=1&region=Americas&lang=EN

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks Bwhitey2. I'll give that a try. I appreciate it!!

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
No problem. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I wanted to thank you again for directing me to the right path for returning my Zeiss Conquest for repair. They are very easy to deal with. I got some good news today. Here's what they said:

Great News! We have completed the inspection on your Conquest 4.5-14x44 #20 RET, Serial # 2843xxx and have determined a replacement will be issued under warranty. As your your Conquest 4.5-14x44 #20 RET has been discontinued, we intend to replace it with a
Conquest V4 4-16x44 #20

They are sending me a new V4! They have better glass and track better without the bassackwards turrets the older Conquests have. Thanks again!!

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
That’s great! Congratulations and no problem.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That’s great! Congratulations and no problem.

The funny thing is I've been talking about wanting to try one of the new Zeiss V4's out. Its really a shame on the old Conquest though. There was a factory blemish on the inside of the lens and I was pulling my hair out, wondering what I was going to do with it. It was like new otherwise. I knew I could not sell it to anyone with a clear conscience, so I thought I was stuck with it until I saw your thread.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I never think about using the warranty on stuff, so maybe someone else will see your thread and use it as a reminder as well. Zeiss is great people..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You done good there.

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Zeiss gets such negative posts here for some reason , I have never heard a negative CS story from anyone. I have owned a bunch and never had a single issue.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Only ever had to use Zeiss customer service once and it was exceptional. They were extremely fast and replaced my scope, while upgrading to a better model for a very small concern. Couldnt have been happier!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 1_deuce, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 54 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,613
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.