24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Supreme Court let the States decide not the Federal Government.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'm still reading the opinion and what I'm seeing is Alito finally reminding the country that Congress, not the courts, make laws, and Roe/Casey was the worst type of legislating from the bench ever. I think Alito, et al., are throwing down the gauntlet, saying that from now on, we return to the court having a limited role in the country. Bravo.

So now that the Constitution has been restored, expect the left to burn the country down.
Bravo, indeed.

While I wish the majority opinion didn't engage so much with the dissent's political arguments, Alito just became my second favorite living justice with this:

"We do not pretend to know how our political system or
society will respond to today’s decision overruling Roe and
Casey. And even if we could foresee what will happen, we
would have no authority to let that knowledge influence our
decision. We can only do our job, which is to interpret the
law, apply longstanding principles of stare decisis, and decide this case accordingly.
We therefore hold that the Constitution does not confer a
right to abortion. Roe and Casey must be overruled, and the
authority to regulate abortion must be returned to the people and their elected representatives."

THAT is what the Constitution and our country's very deliberate division of powers stand for.

Edit to add: I just got to the point in the opinion where Alito announces the standard that the court will use in the future for determining whether state laws on abortion are constitutional: Rational review. This is the lowest standard and the right one. As long as a state can rationally explain why it is limiting abortions, it's constitutional. So protecting human life, or potential human life, will become the only reason any state needs to ban or otherwise regulate abortion.

This truly is a revolutionary decision.
Yes, excellent.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I mean, if you can afford a Greyhound bus ticket, you’re still going to be able to get an abortion. I suspect the blue states are going to react by legalizing everything and explicitly catering to abortion tourism. Abortions may become cheaper and easier than ever.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I hate to admit it, but I am a little fearful of what is about to happen with the evil frickers we have in charge right now.
They are insane and dangerous, so your fear is very well founded.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kwg020
The Miranda warning was also thrown out today. It's a great day for America.

kwg
Bullschit.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Virginia State Police was put on alert about 10 minutes ago for expedited deployment due to the "high possibility of civil unrest". How's the rest of the country looking?

All quiet on the Southern Front in my AO

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh laugh laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Teal
Virginia State Police was put on alert about 10 minutes ago for expedited deployment due to the "high possibility of civil unrest". How's the rest of the country looking?

I think I'm cancelling my trip to Milwaukee tomorrow - just in case.

Might be wise. Im working a bit too close for comfort to Philthydelphia today and anticipating the ruling I threw an AR Pistol and a few spare mags in the truck today as well as a 33 rounder for the G19 Im carrying. Also advised the other fellas who have carry permits that it would be wise to make sure they bring a gun today. Probably going to call it a day at noon and get the hell outta here as an abundance of caution.

Last edited by marktheshark; 06/24/22.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by Teal

I think I'm cancelling my trip to Milwaukee tomorrow - just in case.

Might be wise. Im working a bit too close for comfort to Philthydelphia today and anticipating the ruling I threw an AR Pistol and a few spare mags in the truck today as well as a 33 rounder for the G19 Im carrying. Also advised the other fellas who have carry permits that it would be wise to make sure they bring a gun today. Probably going to call it a day at noon and get the hell outta here as an abundance of caution.

I'm in Charlottesville right now, I'm leaving around noon as well.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wish a bunch of these fuggers would late term abort themselves in protest.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I'm conflicted on abortion. Biblically, I'm against it, but do we really want the offspring of this bunch that is so fanatically for it running around becoming the next generation of crazy leftists?
That's where States' Rights comes in.

The peoples least likely to produce productive offspring primarily live in states with liberal laws and will have unfettered access to abortion clinics.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I'm conflicted on abortion. Biblically, I'm against it, but do we really want the offspring of this bunch that is so fanatically for it running around becoming the next generation of crazy leftists?
I agree a 100%

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I wish a bunch of these fuggers would late term abort themselves in protest.

This^^^^

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They just showed the abortion losers whining like little bitches. They all were dirty and were wearing dirty clothes. LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I mean, if you can afford a Greyhound bus ticket, you’re still going to be able to get an abortion. I suspect the blue states are going to react by legalizing everything and explicitly catering to abortion tourism. Abortions may become cheaper and easier than ever.

Quite true. New York said that last week, they will pay for the bus ticket, and the motel. Abortion tourism.

Plus there is the abortion pill that can be taken 30 days after conception. These pills will be, whether legal or not, available everywhere. This ruling today will not cut back much on the number of abortions.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

kwg

Care to share where you got that information?

Also any constitution loving red blooded American should know their rights protected by the 5th amendment. The Supreme Court shouldn't have to tell you. Nor should an LEO.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Isn't it interesting that most of the women demonstrating on TV couldn't get laid at a Hell's Angels rally. What the hell do they have to worry about?

But good news, hopefully they will all move to a Blue State that allows abortions.

Amen brother.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Picture is worth a 1,000 words. Leaders talking about the sanctity of innocent life and in the background shouts of rage and hate trying to drown out the message.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

kwg

Always had a huge issue in how Miranda type violations were handled.

Guy is arrested and charged with a crime.
Cop, breaks the law in the investigation.

Case is tossed, both walk away.

WTF?

Guy is stealing my hubcaps, I kick him in the head a few times.
He gets free health care, I have to pay for.
I end up in jail.

WTF?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Just a half hour ago I thought they would hold this to the last day. I'm glad "states rights" were upheld...fifty years of Federal overreach.

EXACTLY. Regardless of your position, Roe was wrong on it's face. The only surprise is that it took almost 50 years to correct this massive federal overreach.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
269 members (1minute, 45_100, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 40 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,633
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.